United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:47 PM
saffers

Default Fellaini stat mentioned on football weekly

United with Fellaini: 0.9 points per game.

United without Fellaini: 2.4 points per game.

So if we hadn't used Fellaini at all this season we would be 8 points clear of Arsenal at the top of the league.

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:50 PM
irk

The only stat you need to know - he's one useless @#%&!

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:52 PM
doudou

Things don't work like that - you can't extrapolate from that data that we definitely would have won games we actually lost simply because we played one player and not another.

Yes he's crap but you just can't claim that if we'd played someone else (who??) instead of him we would have won games we lost.

Football is a game that is very resistant to statistical analysis

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:56 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

So if we hadn't used Fellaini at all this season we would be 8 points clear of Arsenal at the top of the league.
When he hasn't played, we are unbeaten.

nft.

Unread 15-01-2016, 02:58 PM
TheFatGoth

So basically...he's even worse than we thought he was?

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:00 PM
MJ Ramone

he's an embarrassment.

I agree with the general point that Stats can be misleading at times, but I go with what I see.
He's a liability, he offers nothing, he makes us look cheap & beaten, he's clumsy, he's not even any good at what he's supposed to be good at (shite in the air & a £#%&!ing @#%&!)
When I see his name in the teamsheet I feel sorry for my eyes & what they're about to endure.

He'll still be here this time next year. Mark my £#%&!ing words.
Worst signing in the Clubs history for all sorts of reasons.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:08 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Things don't work like that - you can't extrapolate from that data that we definitely would have won games we actually lost simply because we played one player and not another.

Yes he's crap but you just can't claim that if we'd played someone else (who??) instead of him we would have won games we lost.

Agreed on your last line but the dramatic difference in the points average has to be taken into account. I mean many could have guessed we were worse with him than without but that stat is surely alarming no? Especially when our manager keeps starting him.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Yes, that's exactly how it works tbf.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes, that's exactly how it works tbf.
Wummed by saffers, nqat.

Obviously you can't say we would have won had anyone played instead of him. It's a damning stat though.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:12 PM
doudou

Quote:
Agreed on your last line but the dramatic difference in the points average has to be taken into account. I mean many could have guessed we were worse with him than without but that stat is surely alarming no? Especially when our manager keeps starting him.
I think the data's less important that what we can see - he's just not very good. No offence to anyone but I'm just not all that interested in the numbers.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Wummed by saffers, nqat.

Obviously you can't say we would have won had anyone played instead of him. It's a damning stat though.
Fellaini typically gets thrown on as a substitute when we're looking for a goal, ie either drawing or losing already, so the statistic Saffers has used is obviously going to be skewed.

We've only lost 1 game when he's actually started. If you go back to last season he started almost all of our best performances.

You don't need stats to see that he's shit. Especially not bad stats.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Cream

I've got a theory that he's Jonjo Shelvey and dons a wig to play for us. Apparently always speaks english to Belgian teammates, just showed up there one day and got a trial.

Remarkable if true.

Unread 15-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Neymar or Bale

Unread 15-01-2016, 04:32 PM
ScarFace

Unread 15-01-2016, 04:49 PM
MOE

What are the stats on the rest of the team it is the only way to compare?

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:11 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE
The rest of the team won 9 drew 3 lost 0

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Poli

One of the worst players in the league, and he's ours!

Couldn't give a £#%&! if we averaged more points with him in the team, would still want the useless @#%&! gone.

Unread 15-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE
It's not worth comparing. He's a bad player, we all hate him, end of story.

Unread 15-01-2016, 08:14 PM
MOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's not worth comparing. He's a bad player, we all hate him, end of story.

Not arguing that, are those 8 losses games he started or a mix of already lost games when he came on as a sub?

Unread 15-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE
Not arguing that, are those 8 losses games he started or a mix of already lost games when he came on as a sub?
Seems to mostly be games he came on as a sub. It's not a stat to take very seriously.
Closed Thread