United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And missed a sitter against Spurs. Doesn't cost him his place in the side though.

Anyway, argument was whether Rashford needs a move. He's barely going to play as a striker while Lukaku is fit.
What position was he playing in when he scored those early goals under Van Gaal? The Arsenal game and whatnot.

Unread 13-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
And missed a sitter against Spurs. Doesn't cost him his place in the side though.

Anyway, argument was whether Rashford needs a move. He's barely going to play as a striker while Lukaku is fit.
He’s 20. Most 20 year old united players in the past had barely played a game for the first team. He’d have barely played as a striker under Fergie either. It’s a non issue. The argument about whether he needs to leave should be at least 2 or 3 years away.

Unread 13-09-2018, 11:42 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
What position was he playing in when he scored those early goals under Van Gaal? The Arsenal game and whatnot.
Striker. What are you up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He’s 20. Most 20 year old united players in the past had barely played a game for the first team. He’d have barely played as a striker under Fergie either. It’s a non issue. The argument about whether he needs to leave should be at least 2 or 3 years away.
I think careers are about momentum. Once a player has started on a path it's dangerous to think two or three years of stagnation will not affect them. It's difficult because what might be best for Rashford - ie a move elsewhere for a few years - might not be best for us if we can't get him back.

Everton is a good shout, a few suggested it during the summer. They lack in the striker department. Maybe a loan there would suit all?

Unread 13-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Cream

Quote:
Striker. What are you up to?

Nothing.

Clearly he can score goals playing as a striker at the highest level, and age is not a factor. It's all psychological. Playing him every week as United's main striker might finish him off.

He seems happy enough to be patient. I'd loan him out as long as he'll be played as a no9.

Unread 13-09-2018, 12:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Nothing.

Clearly he can score goals playing as a striker at the highest level, and age is not a factor. It's all psychological. Playing him every week as United's main striker might finish him off.

He seems happy enough to be patient. I'd loan him out as long as he'll be played as a no9.
Not sure he does. Cut a very frustrated figure last season. Don't think he needs to play every week, just more often as a striker. I wonder if Mou might consider a change and playing him with Lukaku. Although perhaps the Sanchez signing has put paid to that possibility.

Unread 13-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Tronics

Quote:
No talk this week?

Agree with Carragher, needs a move sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm_0sPepXxE
regrettably i would agree too

Martial doesn't play in his preferred position and favours strikers in the mould of Lukaku so it's hard to see where Rashford will get any game time tbh

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Sparky***

Rashford scores a couple for England

Media: "How can we frame this as a negative for Man Utd? "

Hey presto.

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Cream

Quote:
Not sure he does. Cut a very frustrated figure last season. Don't think he needs to play every week, just more often as a striker. I wonder if Mou might consider a change and playing him with Lukaku. Although perhaps the Sanchez signing has put paid to that possibility.
Now would be a great time, two games in a row for England, 2 goals.

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He's played more games at 19/20 years of age for this club than Ryan Giggs did despite not being even a fraction as good.

52 appearances last season and 53 appearances the season before.

He's not a striker, never will be. Not good enough.

Frustrated? £#%&!ing hell. Aww diddums. He should try watching the shit they serve up every week.

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Mozziffle

Prefer him than Lingard

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:50 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Now would be a great time, two games in a row for England, 2 goals.
Suspended for the next 3 games.

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's played more games at 19/20 years of age for this club than Ryan Giggs did despite not being even a fraction as good.

Frustrated? £#%&!ing hell. Aww diddums. He should try watching the shit they serve up every week.
Rashford is class matey

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:53 PM
AK14

Quote:

Pretty much this.

He’s a talented kid, but no way can he lead the lead line for this side, He’s just not ready for it. Nothing wrong with learning his trade out wide.

Unread 13-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Suspended for the next 3 games.

Unread 13-09-2018, 02:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

We disagree on this. I think most of his best stuff in his career, especially the start, came as a striker.

I think he started something like 6 games as a striker last year. Talk about sub appearances all you want, it's not helping him progress.

Unread 13-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
We disagree on this. I think most of his best stuff in his career, especially the start, came as a striker.

I think he started something like 6 games as a striker last year. Talk about sub appearances all you want, it's not helping him progress.
Couldn't care less. The entire club is a risible state and we can't afford to sit around and wait for Rashford to decide whether he's going to be good enough or not.

At some point he's actually going to have to do something on the pitch to justify the endless patience of his apologists.

He's been hyped out of all proportion simply because he's English. He's not going to end up being this huge world class talent you all want him to be because you've all nailed your colours to the mast a couple of years ago and when he doesn't produce it must be someone elses fault rather than anyone here admitting they called it too early with this one....oh and it fits in with everyone's various grievances against the manager.

When Mourinho goes, the next man who comes in won't be blown away by him either. Deal with it.

Unread 13-09-2018, 03:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Couldn't care less. The entire club is a risible state and we can't afford to sit around and wait for Rashford to decide whether he's going to be good enough or not.

At some point he's actually going to have to do something on the pitch to justify the endless patience of his apologists.

He's been hyped out of all proportion simply because he's English. He's not going to end up being this huge world class talent you all want him to be because you've all nailed your colours to the mast a couple of years ago and when he doesn't produce it must be someone elses fault rather than anyone here admitting they called it too early with this one....oh and it fits in with everyone's various grievances against the manager.

When Mourinho goes, the next man who comes in won't be blown away by him either. Deal with it.

Unread 13-09-2018, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Rashford scores a couple for England

Media: "How can we frame this as a negative for Man Utd? "

Hey presto.
And loads of our fans just lap it up.

Unread 13-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Kangared

Quote:

I care about the club, not about the needs of some young very well paid player. By all means loan him out , preferably to a decent European team competing in Europe. Currently he isn’t performing well enough to warrant regular starts .
TBH I didn’t see that much difference between him & Welbz in the Switzerland game.

Unread 13-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Knockers

Loaning out Rashford is such a stupid idea I have to assume all this is some weird bants. Wish we’d loaned out Ole and Teddy in autumn 98. Shit @#%&!s.
Closed Thread