United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That is short term though.

The fitter team will look fitter over the course of 90 minutes. It’s science.
I’d say the last 20 mins (which is what we’re citing to suggest we look fit) is quite short-term.

Let’s see. If we start to look fitter week in, week out, then fair enough.

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:15 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’d say the last 20 mins (which is what we’re citing to suggest we look fit) is quite short-term.

Let’s see. If we start to look fitter week in, week out, then fair enough.
A quick run through of the match thread confirms you to be a master of short-term analysis so i'll bow to your expertise

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
A quick run through of the match thread confirms you to be a master of short-term analysis so i'll bow to your expertise

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:33 PM
Jethro

Five points off top with a game in hand

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

My concerns were founded more in 7 years of the same old shite rather than one half of football, but more than happy to be wrong today

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
But there was no passages of play.
They don’t looked coached
They even conceded from a set piece!!

Etc etc.

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:49 PM
puressence

We’ve won the first 4 pl league games away for the first time I’m pl. and been losing everyone. Massive character

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:56 PM
armchair

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
We’ve won the first 4 pl league games away for the first time I’m pl. and been losing everyone. Massive character
Especially from anyone who managed to read your post.

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:06 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think they were two great set pieces. We'd be thrilled scoring those goals.
Absolutely this. We need better delivery. Rashford's ball in today for the winner was more like it.

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:23 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 29-11-2020, 11:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
But there was no passages of play.
They don’t looked coached
They even conceded from a set piece!!

Etc etc.
It’s the same old story. At least with Mou and Van Gaal the football was genuinely mind numbing at times.

Our fanbase is delirious.

Unread 29-11-2020, 11:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Nice position for Poch to work with tbf, he was absolutely definitely taking over in November so I presume the contract signing etc will be tomorrow

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:02 AM
silv

Nice to have some quality up front again

Fancy Jem calling that lucky

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:07 AM
Neo

Football

Huge result, against a side that have started the season really well. Great character to come back like that, especially as we started so well, and only went behind because of two exceptional set-piece deliveries, and Greenwood and Bruno both missing open goals. Cavani.

Southampton are a dirty side of snides, btw, with that skinhead @#%&! Romeu the worst of the lot. Tried to break Greenwood's leg at OT, and stuck one on Bruno today. He needs a season-ending reducer delivered to him ASAP.

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:13 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Huge result, against a side that have started the season really well. Great character to come back like that, especially as we started so well, and only went behind because of two exceptional set-piece deliveries, and Greenwood and Bruno both missing open goals. Cavani.

Southampton are a dirty side of snides, btw, with that skinhead @#%&! Romeu the worst of the lot. Tried to break Greenwood's leg at OT, and stuck one on Bruno today. He needs a season-ending reducer delivered to him ASAP.
Unbeaten In 7 won five of them according to MOTD.

Fantastic comeback and record breaking win.

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:14 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Nice to have some quality up front again

Fancy Jem calling that lucky
er.... the second goal was an awful shot from bruno, which bounced off the underside of someone's foot and onto cav's head. he adjusted well to score.

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:20 AM
Red Santos

It's nice having a centre-forward who actually moves like a centre forward, making runs and having the determination to get on the end of things

It makes a change from having to watch that dopey c*** Martial walk around the pitch adjusting his f***ing gloves

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:24 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
er.... the second goal was an awful shot from bruno, which bounced off the underside of someone's foot and onto cav's head. he adjusted well to score.
Wasn’t luck on Cavani’s part

He managed to get his head on the shittest possible cross and score.

Unread 30-11-2020, 12:26 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Wasn’t luck on Cavani’s part

He managed to get his head on the shittest possible cross and score.
Exactly. Ran past 3 other Utd players & was in the right place to score.
Proper top quality CF.