United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up Nani

He was terrific when he came on tonight, full of confidence and didn't put a foot wrong. Looks liked he's turned a corner after the arsenal game.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:11 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Yea, was very impressed. Great little player, glad he's found some form. Love the way comes to a total stop, then beats the full back almost every time.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Terry Silver

His crossing, off either foot, is pretty impressive.

He appears to have had a kick up the arse, which is nice seeing as Giggs is now a hindrance to the side.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:15 AM
marlo stansfield

i like the fact we have genuine pace from another winger.

when we break now we have at least 5 fast players who are good on the ball.(anderson,nani, ronaldo, rooney an tevez)

nani also sees a pass better than ronaldo and funnily enough his style is very different to ronaldos.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
i like the fact we have genuine pace from another winger.

when we break now we have at least 5 fast players who are good on the ball.(anderson,nani, ronaldo, rooney an tevez)

nani also sees a pass better than ronaldo and funnily enough his style is very different to ronaldos.
Definitely, Nani actually has a footballing brain.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Whalefish

Didn't seem as quick earlier in the season. Looks to have improved his fitness now.

I wasn't so sure about him but starting to come round now. Glad to be proven wrong.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:22 AM
dunk

Ronaldo could do worse than have a look at Nani.

There is a time for tricks and beating men and a time for getting the ball where it can cause danger quickly.

Nani knows which is which, Ronaldo seems to have a little amnesia at the moment.

In that first half, Ronaldo battered shots against the man in front of him rather than putting it into the middle, every freekick he had was a shot, no matter where he took it from. It is no wonder Vidic has only got 1 goal this season, he gets £#%&! all % balls to attack except corners, and they are shite most of the time because Giggs is taking them.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Whalefish

Tbh when on the pitch I would like Hargreaves to take a deadball from time to time.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Tbh when on the pitch I would like Hargreaves to take a deadball from time to time.
I'd agree with that. Carrick is criminally under used from a set piece point of view as well.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd agree with that. Carrick is criminally under used from a set piece point of view as well.
A mate of mine who supports Spurs used to rage about his corners. He sticks them up in the air and they just float onto a defenders head!!!

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Baron

I never got the Nani bashing... he's a kid in a new country / culture / league / team etc etc & he's starting to put a bit of consistency into his game after 6 months. Big whoop.

His decision making has come to him early, much like Anderson I don't think he's tried too hard in the start of his career here. I like him, wish he'd do the 'Thriller shoulders' when he scores instead of that ridiculous flip though

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I never got the Nani bashing... he's a kid in a new country / culture / league / team etc etc & he's starting to put a bit of consistency into his game after 6 months. Big whoop.

His decision making has come to him early, much like Anderson I don't think he's tried too hard in the start of his career here. I like him, wish he'd do the 'Thriller shoulders' when he scores instead of that ridiculous flip though
That made me laugh just thinking about it.

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ronaldo could do worse than have a look at Nani.

There is a time for tricks and beating men and a time for getting the ball where it can cause danger quickly.

Nani knows which is which, Ronaldo seems to have a little amnesia at the moment.
Fair point. Interesting that Nani's most effective way of beating a player or creating space for a cross is to stop or slow down then accelerate quickly again. Rarely bothers with tricks for the sake of it. Unless he's playing Arsenal

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:38 AM
marlo stansfield

scholari believes nani will be the next figo not ronaldo iirc.

nani has the skills but like anderson tries to master the basics first.

the bit of business we did with those two was the best bit we have done in a long time.

look how quick they are making positions their own. i hate too....£#%&! it.....i love to tell you all that i did warn you lot

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
i hate too....£#%&! it.....i love to tell you all that i did warn you lot
We have noticed

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Billy Baroo

£#%&!ing hell, i like him and he's had a few good games but this shite about ronnie learning from him?

50 goals in under 2 seasons off the wing, made loads more, pace to burn, strong, good in the air, skilful as £#%&!, always wants the ball, dragged us to the title last year

now was that nani or ronaldo?

clowns

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Baron

Nani celebrates his assist this evening...

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Camel

Thumbs up wtf am i talkin bout willis

as i said before, when he squared up to gallas made the player. he'll be different from now on. he's started to understand that it's pasion and pace and desire and skill and ...numerous other factors

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:47 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
£#%&!ing hell, i like him and he's had a few good games but this shite about ronnie learning from him?

50 goals in under 2 seasons off the wing, made loads more, pace to burn, strong, good in the air, skilful as £#%&!, always wants the ball, dragged us to the title last year

clowns
"my name is billy and ive totally missed the point"

Unread 21-02-2008, 12:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo

clowns
It is an arrogant man, doomed to failure that cannot notice positive aspects of others play and try to incorporate that which he learns within his own play.

Just because Nani is younger and has a less impressive career to date doesn't mean Ronaldo shouldn't pay him any mind.
Closed Thread