Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Oooh love me.

These in lot are little slugs.
see, pressure.

Unread 18-04-2024, 12:31 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
It's not the only reason, it's been explained many times over the past 20 pages and voted on unanimously....
Oh yeah sorry, forgot the 129 injures.

Unread 18-04-2024, 12:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Oooh love me.

These in lot are little slugs.
They're turning on each other

Take a break lad, you're AOTS, stickers has been outer for ages....

Unread 18-04-2024, 12:59 PM
Stickman

True dat. At least nights like last night (this am here) unite the forum still.

Unread 18-04-2024, 01:36 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Ah so it’s not about trophies at all, it’s just whether you like the guy or not. Thanks for clearing that up.
Of course it is.

By process of elimination, if it's not about league position or qualifying for CL (which van Gaal, Mournho and Ole did), and if it's not about getting to finals or winning silverware (which van Gaal, Mournho and Ole did) , the only thing that's left is whether or not you've been bigging someone up to a ludicrous degree and don't want to lose face.

Using this ridiculous logic, the only manager who deserved sacking since Fergie was Moyes.

We should be closing the gap on City and Liverpool in ten Hag's second season. Instead we're losing ground on £#%&!ing Villa and Spurs. Even Newcastle and Chelsea - who've been an utter laughing stock for 3 years - may well be above us.

Unread 18-04-2024, 01:49 PM
NedKelly

Me waiting for someone to provide a genuine reason that ETH should be sacked -

It’s just vitriolic message after vitriolic message. Do you even support Manchester United?

Unread 18-04-2024, 02:06 PM
Msgr A Brook

If the choice is Southgate or Potter then I'd keep him. Southgate manages a team that plays eight games a season and Potter had a breakdown at Chelsea when someone pointed out he had a shit haircut. Both would be on medication within weeks of getting the job.

Unread 18-04-2024, 02:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Of course it is.

By process of elimination, if it's not about league position or qualifying for CL (which van Gaal, Mournho and Ole did), and if it's not about getting to finals or winning silverware (which van Gaal, Mournho and Ole did) , the only thing that's left is whether or not you've been bigging someone up to a ludicrous degree and don't want to lose face.

Using this ridiculous logic, the only manager who deserved sacking since Fergie was Moyes.

We should be closing the gap on City and Liverpool in ten Hag's second season. Instead we're losing ground on £#%&!ing Villa and Spurs. Even Newcastle and Chelsea - who've been an utter laughing stock for 3 years - may well be above us.
Here's the serial liar again, spreading misinformation....

Unread 18-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Offerington

you know you're in horrific territory if you agree with bellers on footie absolutely shocking footie lad that fat lad

Unread 19-04-2024, 03:32 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Here's the serial liar again, spreading misinformation....
What are you, £#%&!ing 12 years old?

Haven’t been on here long, but from what I’ve read so far you get an awful lot wrong.

Unread 19-04-2024, 04:43 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Of course it is.

Nailed it.

Unread 19-04-2024, 08:11 AM
marlo

it’s funny how Emery has been in the job less time that ETH, took over a team that we’re certs for relegation and has players from 4 different managers.
he made decent progress last season and even more progress this season while dealing with an injury crisis as well
they aren’t out played every game . Weird that!

Unread 19-04-2024, 08:21 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
it’s funny how Emery has been in the job less time that ETH, took over a team that we’re certs for relegation and has players from 4 different managers.
he made decent progress last season and even more progress this season while dealing with an injury crisis as well
they aren’t out played every game . Weird that!
I have to say I’m on the Emery bus. Apart from the Arsenal stint, he’s been very impressive wherever he’s been. What he’s done at Villa is manager of the season stuff. Far more impressive than anything Pep will achieve this season.

The only doubt is the big club thing but most managers have that to grapple with. clearly Erik hasn’t been able to step up.

But….Erik can make me love him again but I’ve set him a fairly difficult task to achieve that. Over to you Erik.

Unread 19-04-2024, 08:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
I have to say I’m on the Emery bus. Apart from the Arsenal stint, he’s been very impressive wherever he’s been. What he’s done at Villa is manager of the season stuff. Far more impressive than anything Pep will achieve this season.

The only doubt is the big club thing but most managers have that to grapple with. clearly Erik hasn’t been able to step up.

But….Erik can make me love him again but I’ve set him a fairly difficult task to achieve that. Over to you Erik.
He could make us all get on board if he really wanted to. What is it now 8/9 games left with absolutely nothing to lose. Show us that he can take risks, show us some style of play that gives us any kind of hope. Even get to a final and lose but lose looking like you’re trying to win and you’d give him some leeway. He’s literally got the easier job between now and the end of the season to justify why we’d keep him on.

Narrator: it didn’t happen and ten hag went on to win two back to back cups with FC Cloggenheim and bunks said “see!!!”

Unread 19-04-2024, 08:46 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Narrator: it didn’t happen and ten hag went on to win two back to back cups with FC Cloggenheim and bunks said “see!!!”

Jesus H Christ....

Unread 19-04-2024, 08:52 AM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Jesus H Christ....
Odd that you ignored the part you can’t argue with.

Unread 19-04-2024, 08:56 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
He could make us all get on board if he really wanted to. What is it now 8/9 games left with absolutely nothing to lose. Show us that he can take risks, show us some style of play that gives us any kind of hope. Even get to a final and lose but lose looking like you’re trying to win and you’d give him some leeway. He’s literally got the easier job between now and the end of the season to justify why we’d keep him on.

You could argue playing a high press leaving yards free in midfield, due to a deep defence and defending with Harry Maguire is the riskiest type of football you can play.

If anything you’re looking for pragmatism in which they defend a bit deeper in more numbers to close the exposed gaps

Unread 19-04-2024, 09:13 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
You could argue playing a high press leaving yards free in midfield, due to a deep defence and defending with Harry Maguire is the riskiest type of football you can play.

If anything you’re looking for pragmatism in which they defend a bit deeper in more numbers to close the exposed gaps
It’s risky football but with no end product for that risk. Nothing we do is effective - that’s the issue I have. Play to your strengths rather than persist with an ineffective system.

We can’t press, we don’t score, we leave massive gaps and invite teams who are largely garbage to have free rein.

It’s £#%&!. So change it. No one understands it / the players certainly - and no one can explain it.

Unread 19-04-2024, 09:38 AM
magic_cantona

Just so I know the thinking, do the Inners think that next season, we'll see a total about face with our tactics?

We'll dominate teams

We'll put an end to the 592 shots we face every game

We'll see no Rashford and Casemiro (clearly downed tools/not good enough but are starters every game)

We'll have a clear and recognisable style

The football will be brilliant.

Is this what's happening next season with EtH?

Unread 19-04-2024, 09:41 AM
wiganste

Last season we played some really good football. Went to shit after the cup win. And this season it's been utter shite. The manager has to take some blame BUT the mitigating circumstance is the injuries, the shit with Sancho & Greenwood and various other @#%&!s in this squad.

Does ETH deserve another season with the right people backing him? Maybe...
Will he get another? I very much doubt it. I think he's gone. But what the £#%&! do I know?