United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:38 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
It’s becoming a parody (a thunderously shit one) now with you two.

And no, I have never heard anything anti-Irish at Old Trafford. I’ve heard lots of anti scouse and cockney, is that racist as well?
Have cockneys/the scouse been systematically oppressed by the English for over 800 years?

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:39 AM
andyroo

The scouse think they have

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:49 AM
My Name is Keith

Never heard any anti Irish stuff at old t apart from when Celtic came for a friendly and sang ira songs the whole match. Never to return thankfully.

Tbh ive never heard any racist stuff of note - the hissing spurs thing was the only notable thing I witnessed.

Always been very proud that united have had a non racist following - unlike most other clubs and especially city who had quite a big England nf thing going on back in the day despite the cool cats etc.

Disappointing that some lads on here are trying to suggest united have a real problem when they evidently don’t and in my experience, never have had.

Unread 18-06-2019, 09:57 AM
jaffo

I've never heard anything anti-Irish at OT and I've sat next to No Fun quite a lot in recent years.

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:14 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I've never heard anything anti-Irish at OT and I've sat next to No Fun quite a lot in recent years.
Pity you weren’t sat next to me when Ashley £#%&!ing grimes was playing for us

The Irish bastard

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Never heard any anti Irish stuff at old t apart from when Celtic came for a friendly and sang ira songs the whole match. Never to return thankfully.

Tbh ive never heard any racist stuff of note - the hissing spurs thing was the only notable thing I witnessed.

Always been very proud that united have had a non racist following - unlike most other clubs and especially city who had quite a big England nf thing going on back in the day despite the cool cats etc.

Disappointing that some lads on here are trying to suggest united have a real problem when they evidently don’t and in my experience, never have had.
maybe you don't notice it if you're not on the end of it?

my old man used to bring us over a lot in the 90s.

we were spat on. Physically attacked. on one occassion my brother had his shoes taken off him and thrown in the canal. my mother was refused entrance to a hotel. and this was just my dad doing all this. add the racism and it's a nightmare!

Unread 18-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Can concur.

I do recall this song being sung, with the 'cookabilty' line being replaced with 'tottenham fan'.

Then the S of gas would ring out for a few seconds.

Disgusting, in hindsight.

There was also a song about Imre Varadi that wasn't very PC...

Unread 18-06-2019, 11:32 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
maybe you don't notice it if you're not on the end of it?

my old man used to bring us over a lot in the 90s.

we were spat on. Physically attacked. on one occassion my brother had his shoes taken off him and thrown in the canal. my mother was refused entrance to a hotel. and this was just my dad doing all this. add the racism and it's a nightmare!

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Bunker Buster

God bless Ireland ..

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:24 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
God bless Ireland ..
We need more of this attitude on this forum.

Unread 18-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Seamus

There was loads of anti irish stuff where I have sat.

I was once called Potato head when we played Chelsea years back.

you cant get anymore anti-Irish than that

Unread 18-06-2019, 01:27 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

Unread 18-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Seamus

I was traumatised, glad you find it funny

Unread 18-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

Unread 18-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Redrum

I remember when Goram made his debut.
Was shocked at the ferocity of insults traded both ways around me.

Unread 18-06-2019, 04:37 PM
red in cumbria

I mean, this "story" is actually about 27 arrests in 4 years FFS. Even by the Graun's standards, utter and absolute barrel scraping
Closed Thread