United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2007, 01:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that fletch had improved. but he hasn't. the team is playing well and he hasn't completely £#%&!ed that up when he's come in, but he was far more exposed last season. he still manages to kill momentum.

whenever he gets the ball, I am willing him to do something constructive with it, but he never does. he doesn't hunt down the ball, he just hovers nearby. he doesn't have any vision or any ambition when he gets the ball. he's not just the poor man's carrick, he simply doesn't have the cojones to play for united. not to mention my sister would beat the crap out of him.
Pretty much sums it up.

Unread 14-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Is your sister a bit of a bruiser Jemmy?

Unread 14-02-2007, 01:46 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Pretty much sums it up.

Unread 14-02-2007, 01:46 PM
jem

Default it all depends

on what you count as a tackle, doesn't it? being vaguely in the vicinity so that when a player miscontrols the ball and it bounces against you is not a tackle.

Unread 14-02-2007, 01:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
Hmmmm, doesn't that make you an kisser of Carricks(the forumista) ass?

Unread 14-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Yessir!!!

violater

Quote:
you can ask anyone on this forum and they will tell you one thing im not, is a arse licker....

stop being paranoid..
you dont arselick do you.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Yessir!!!
Don't he's a massive homophobe he'll turn on you at such a suggestion.

Unread 14-02-2007, 01:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
you can ask anyone on this forum and they will tell you one thing im not, is a arse licker....

stop being paranoid..
you dont arselick do you.
No I was just saying that by your rule that agreeing with someone makes you an asskisser then you are a kisserof Carricks arse as you agree with him.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:03 PM
24hr Leavesey

Vio, calm the £#%&! down, you're beginning to have a very negative effect on this forum. Who gives a £#%&! if Fletch has improved. He just ain't good enough. As far as I'm concerned he's holding a youngster back. Which youngster ? I don't care anyone of them will do.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Physically a lot stronger than Jones. Jones was a good player, but he was weak, very one footed and slow. Gibson could do with a yard of pace form what i have seen of him, he has a stocky build, but technically good, can pass the ball long and short.
Rossi was the greatest thing we had in the reserve team now look at him.He will never be a first team player for us.he will stay in Italy.

Gibson wont establish himself as a first team regular at United in my opinion.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Vio, calm the £#%&! down, you're beginning to have a very negative effect on this forum. Who gives a £#%&! if Fletch has improved. He just ain't good enough. As far as I'm concerned he's holding a youngster back. Which youngster ? I don't care anyone of them will do.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Rossi was the greatest thing we had in the reserve team now look at him.He will never be a first team player for us.he will stay in Italy.

Gibson wont establish himself as a first team regular at United in my opinion.
That is the worry, Rossi stood out a long way from the rest of that Reserve team, his touch, vision, and general ability was a lot higher than the rest. His only problem is that he is too small and weak for the premiership. No doubt in my mind that he has the talent to succeed, just not the physical gifts.

The other big players from that team were Lee Martin, not good enough, Pique, too slow, Bardsley, can not pass, Campbell, Fast but one dimensional, would have to improve a lot to be given a chance.

Gibson was a year below most of those player though, did not really play many games for the reserves, can not believe that Antwerp is helping his progression that much. he is highly rated, but how often have we heard that about a young player?

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
That is the worry, Rossi stood out a long way from the rest of that Reserve team, his touch, vision, and general ability was a lot higher than the rest. His only problem is that he is too small and weak for the premiership. No doubt in my mind that he has the talent to succeed, just not the physical gifts.

The other big players from that team were Lee Martin, not good enough, Pique, too slow, Bardsley, can not pass, Campbell, Fast but one dimensional, would have to improve a lot to be given a chance.

Gibson was a year below most of those player though, did not really play many games for the reserves, can not believe that Antwerp is helping his progression that much. he is highly rated, but how often have we heard that about a young player?

Debatable to say the least.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Also Pique is now a first team regular for Zaragoza in the Primera division at 19, which is pretty impressive.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Lee Martin reminds me of Kevin Kilbane, great stamina, will run all day, but nothing surprising in his game, not a great deal of skill on the ball. Did very little at Rangers either.

Bardsley, very competitive, aggressive, but his use of the ball is mediocre, TBF similar to Neville at the same age , again was mediocre at Rangers and his falling out with the manager will not have gone unnoticed. His attitude has been questioned before as well.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Also Pique is now a first team regular for Zaragoza in the Primera division at 19, which is pretty impressive.
I actually like Pique, good on the ball, great physical specimen, but he seems very slow to turn and accelerate, which is a problem for a center half. Been playing midfield for Zaragoza when i have seen him, not that mobile in the position.

However his stint in the team will do more for him surely than Evans at Sunderland or Antwerp.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Lee Martin reminds me of Kevin Kilbane, great stamina, will run all day, but nothing surprising in his game, not a great deal of skill on the ball. Did very little at Rangers either.

Bardsley, very competitive, aggressive, but his use of the ball is mediocre, TBF similar to Neville at the same age , again was mediocre at Rangers and his falling out with the manager will not have gone unnoticed. His attitude has been questioned before as well.

When?

What because he has the balls to stand up for himself?

Martin's crossing and final ball is very good. He did well in the games he played at Rangers, it's a pity his stay was cut short by injury.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
When?

What because he has the balls to stand up for himself?

Martin's crossing and final ball is very good. He did well in the games he played at Rangers, it's a pity his stay was cut short by injury.
Apparently he was one of the young players that Keane often had a go at, have been told that he is more of a Charlie than Richardson as well. Could be nonsense. You can make excuses for his behaviour at Rangers, but Ferguson will have been watching, it is more than how you play when you are on loan, it is a test of mentality and professionalism.

Martin does have good delivery, but does he have the skill to make himself space to use that when he can not just run past defenders? Has not shown that yet.

Unread 14-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Not a big fan of Fletcher and his dithering, but

Don't know how many tackles Fletcher made against Liverpool but he set the tempo of that game early doors which was crucial - Rooney appreciated it and sio did everyone around me in the crowd, anyway. Laughter and jokes abounded, but he still got the team on the move.

His goal at M'boro' was priceless - great movement - and he also got the ball rolling with a cool slot at Charlton.

It was his pressure at Watford that led directly to the winner. And it was his first time through ball that split Bolton assunder for Rooney's hat-trick goal.

He may not be great but he has played his part.
Closed Thread