United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:02 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default Ballboys (/girls)

I know in the grand scheme of things this may sound petty and unimportant, however!....

Have any match going reds clocked just how slow ours are at retrieving the ball? Sometimes it's absolutely maddening during games like yesterday when players are sprinting to the touchline looking for the ball to be given quickly so that they can make the quick throw. All too often the young girls and boys are just sat on their stools not paying attention or unsure if it's their responsibility to get the ball. It's not their fault but I don't know why the club are putting young girls especially in a situation where a bunch of passionate football fans will be screaming at them to hurry the £#%&! up etc.

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Really puts the recent war in Israel into perspective for me.....

But no, we must have the worst in the league, they also encourage time wasting, as by default they are absolutely ket on them stools....

Long throw guy for Brentford yesterday was just letting them mess about, swap balls, ooooo take your time hen, give us that other one...

Are they foundation kids or locals ?

Our Iron Dome

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:22 AM
est.1878

First thing I thought of when I woke up.

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:23 AM
armchair

If you have a football in your hands you shouldn't be allowed ask a ballboy for another. They did it and then dumbo dalot started on it. He's the trigger of football.

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:27 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
If you have a football in your hands you shouldn't be allowed ask a ballboy for another. They did it and then dumbo dalot started on it. He's the trigger of football.
He winds me up.....

Taking an age to get over to the line to get the ball off Antony, then just short throws it anyway....

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:46 AM
no fun

I’m amazed United can find a few kids willing to be away from their phones for 90 minutes

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:52 AM
believe

Surely there are some who ballboyed at Ajax knocking around or a couple at Real who are close to retirement?

Unread 08-10-2023, 09:56 AM
guerreiro

Should have proper scumbag scally’s for the intimidation factor. Spitting on the ball, launching it into their faces, demanding a quid for the ball back.

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:01 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Should have proper scumbag scally’s for the intimidation factor. Spitting on the ball, launching it into their faces, demanding a quid for the ball back.
You mean like Goodison and Kemlyn Rd ground?

Give us yer ‘ub caps mate and you can av it

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:01 AM
est.1878

Give it AI till the end of the season

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:26 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Surely there are some who ballboyed at Ajax knocking around or a couple at Real who are close to retirement?
There’s a young lanky lad at Burnley available, only got one arm though.

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:28 AM
Finport Red

Same ones will be there next home game too.

May mate’s son Jadon wanted to be a ball boy. Arrived at the ground for the game yesterday at half past 3 in his jammies, and they wouldn’t let him have a go.

ETH just picks his favourites.

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
There’s a young lanky lad at Burnley available, only got one arm though.
£#%&! ball boy, get him in nets.

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:29 AM
puressence

My pals lad has done it last 12 months. Absolutely loves it his dad gets a free ticket every game

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Really puts the recent war in Israel into perspective for me.....

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:42 AM
My Name is Heath

Let’s wait and see what tbe womens team think about this.

Some of the ball boys may have daughters ffs

Unread 08-10-2023, 10:45 AM
Medlock

The ball boys/girls showed about as much intensity as the first team yesterday
And that swapping ball thing. It's not tennis ffs

Unread 08-10-2023, 11:07 AM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Let’s wait and see what tbe womens team think
In the United v Arsenal women's game on Friday the ball had to be retrieved from an empty part of the stand behind the goal by a steward/cleaner. No spare ball, took an age, I was livid

Unread 08-10-2023, 11:17 AM
dunk

The girl that threw the ball to Dalot for the shortest long throw ever barely managed to get the ball to him

Seems to me we have far fewer ball-people around the pitch and fewer balls than most clubs. Cost cutting nqat.

Unread 08-10-2023, 03:27 PM
pc6090

Should let us lot do it. Give them a few home truths whilst we are at it
Closed Thread