United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
We've got a defender in Evans who wasn't good enough to start for United in his prime, but is now being expected to stop Haaland, and a bloke in Erikson, who literally died on the pitch a few years ago, being expected to run the midfield for 90 mins in his 30s
I feel like I'm hallucinating. We might as well bring back Mal Donaghy.

Watching that Beckham doc and I was burning with envy at Florentino Perez explaining how his approach was/is very simple: identify the best players and get them.

I'm not saying we're Real Madrid, but we did build that mentality at one time, for a brief few years in around 2000. And that should have been the approach to replacing Ferguson - identify the best manager in the world and get him. No messing around.

But the club was and still is run by people who don't care, so we embraced wishy-washy %@#$&!s, accepted a small-time mentality and standards have been on the slide ever since. Every year we reach a new low. Johnny actual Evans. It's mind-boggling.
Meanwhile city win the treble and promptly boot out their captain.

marlo

Another thing….

If eth was mourinho some would question why we keep getting all these players injured in training….

sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Who?
Give it Jonny til the end of the season

silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
What happened to our managers not having the bravery to have a £#%&!ing gamble. We we're still in the game at halftime but they had it under control. Change it up at half time or earlier in the second half, put another forward player on that likes to run at the opposition without taking off your only £#%&!ing striker. Do something brave ffs.

Always playing it as safe as possible to try and weasel back into the game instead of trying to smash the doors of its hinges.
hmm, he took off amrabat for mount that was pretty daring

just also idiotic

Lok

Did anyone expect us to score? We all knew we'd lose. But, if you had a free bet and the odds for united getting a goal or not we're both evens, which would you back?

Pretty sure most of us knew.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
What happened to our managers not having the bravery to have a £#%&!ing gamble. We we're still in the game at halftime but they had it under control. Change it up at half time or earlier in the second half, put another forward player on that likes to run at the opposition without taking off your only £#%&!ing striker. Do something brave ffs.

Always playing it as safe as possible to try and weasel back into the game instead of trying to smash the doors of its hinges.
Point is, all that is basically what happened in this fixture last season. So what has changed?

Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
A manager that will at least show us soemthing

We are worse than when he joined and he has wasted money.

look at the money he has wasted.
Antony 80m.
Mount 60m
Hojlund 70m

Yes i include Hojlund is that because in a good team with a top striker he is the young challenger. In a team where rashford is the top scorer you must add a reliable goals source not take a chance on a kid. Especially with limited funds.

He is wasting money and we seem to just be shit. Just shit. No tactics just shit

Just because your last 3 girls friends haven’t worked out you don’t just blindly marry the 4th one.
When you’re right, you’re right.

I’ve never seen a side with so little confidence. We’re like one of those clubs that Harry £#%&!ing Redknapp would come to and get people smiling. I don’t see how we can carry on like this.

History

I clearly remember us under Fergie having several styles of play.

We played 2 very different games of football in the league and Europe for e.g. and also big domestic away games.

Why do we try and go punch for punch with teams containing Evans, Maguire and The Scottish Player

The line up, the subs and tactics are atrocious. He's learning £#%&!ing nothing

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:32 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Why are all of our players so horrendously unlikeable? A side full of petulant bitches, no heart when it matters. All too willing to snide their way into the conversation when getting humped. Cowards.
Hate to be a dick (not really) but looking at the interviews of the SA team last night - it struck me. What immense guys. Humble. Determined. B#@&%! with character.

Look at our massive bunch of fannies

Don’t even know where to start. We just aren’t good enough.

I like Erikssen but we don’t need a Jon Snow in midfield against City

These players are still mostly the ones who screwed Ole, Jose, Ralf and now this fella

We need to let about 8 players go. Schopenhauer was right about “creative destruction” - we need to tear it down and rebuild.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
A manager that will at least show us soemthing

We are worse than when he joined and he has wasted money.

look at the money he has wasted.
Antony 80m.
Mount 60m
Hojlund 70m

Yes i include Hojlund is that because in a good team with a top striker he is the young challenger. In a team where rashford is the top scorer you must add a reliable goals source not take a chance on a kid. Especially with limited funds.

He is wasting money and we seem to just be shit. Just shit. No tactics just shit

Just because your last 3 girls friends haven’t worked out you don’t just blindly marry the 4th one.
I don't even really disagree. I just want to know who. Which manager is out there that you know of for whom it would be worth ripping it up and starting again?

At some point we have to give someone enough time to get out of this cycle. I'd love to imagine someone could do what the Spurs fella is doing, it would be fantastic. But I strongly suspect whoever we get in, we'd be here a year later saying exactly the same things. Because the club is rotten.

believe

Played 10, lost 5 and a goal difference of -5. Two of the five wins we scraped against the bottom two teams, yet people will still have you believe we’re not doing bad.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:33 PM
Sparky***

we are as far behind them now as they were behind us in 2008.

I'm serious.

we are £#%&!ing light years away from them.

armchair

All the sides above us in the league are there on merit. I'd say city are the best of them.

We looked like a europa side out of its depth in the champions league.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Why is gary neville @#%&!ting on like this is a surprise?

Anyone could see this coming a mile off.
That cretin winds me up during these games.

Bleating on about our players kicking out etc, yet wasn’t he a part of the team that kicked Reyes all over the pitch?

Maybe if we get into these @#%&!s earlier they wouldn’t feel so confident of walking through us at every opportunity.

poppy

Get Pep, Kane, Haaland and Bellingham in.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Didn't he want Antony, Malacia, Hojlund, Mount etc or is there something I've missed? As for Pat-a-cake in goal...
Were they all his first choices?

Whatever way you slice it, everything comes back to our owners.

Pep would fail if he managed us, its as simple as that.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Didn't he want Antony, Malacia, Hojlund, Mount etc or is there something I've missed? As for Pat-a-cake in goal...

Poor recruitment, abysmal game management and little to no signs of improvement.

The Glazers are money sucking vampiric @#%&!s, but some of the blame lies here surely?
You're right, I was thinking of the Korean defender at Napoli, but did overstate it.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:36 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

We looked like a europa side out of its depth in the champions league.
Thats what we are.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Get Pep, Kane, Haaland and Bellingham in.
And Ancelotti.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I said at the start ETH could be in trouble before the start of this game because of the team he picked.

His decisions throughout the game have exacerbated it. I don’t mind playing certain players, hoping they come into form, but there are a few out there (including the captain) that don’t care enough, aren’t team minded enough and should’ve been dropped long ago.

It’s no surprise that the best game we played this season was the one against palace in the league cup, when Bruno and rashford and a couple of others didn’t play. Unfortunately, ETH resorted to the usuals the following weekend and we got beaten.

He isn’t learning. He’s on dangerous ground.
I can sort of understand him sticking with certain players until now, as they delivered for us last season.

But there is a time when you have to re-assess, surely?

Ignoring those who are constantly negative, this is still a crucial period for EtH. He needs to show he is getting a grip of things, and soon.