United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 02-10-2023, 09:28 PM
westcoastvan

It appears that Ratcliffe has been restructuring his deal to get around this

Quote:
‘Ratcliffe put forward a proposal earlier this year to acquire 69% of shares in Manchester United owned by the US Glazer family. That left little benefit for holders of the club’s remaining stock, including Lindsell Train, Ariel Investments LLC and Eminence Capital.

‘Bloomberg reported previously that a top-three shareholder in Manchester United sent a letter to the club’s board warning that independent directors could be at risk of being sued for recommending any bid that favours one set of shareholders over another.’
https://www.football365.com/news/man...dress-concerns

Now if I'm a big hedge fund like Lindsell Train, I want Qatar buying the club because the stock will shoot through the roof, and the Sheik will buy out my shares on a high. (Big pay day)

If Ratcliffe buys a minority share....I personally wouldn't have a lot of faith in the Glazer's to keep the club competitive and the share price high in the long term.

That being said, whose B CLass shares is Ratcliffe going to purchase? Can he buy out a Glazer sibling without a class action suit? Anyone know the details?

Unread 03-10-2023, 01:07 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
It appears that Ratcliffe has been restructuring his deal to get around this

https://www.football365.com/news/man...dress-concerns

Now if I'm a big hedge fund like Lindsell Train, I want Qatar buying the club because the stock will shoot through the roof, and the Sheik will buy out my shares on a high. (Big pay day)

If Ratcliffe buys a minority share....I personally wouldn't have a lot of faith in the Glazer's to keep the club competitive and the share price high in the long term.

That being said, whose B CLass shares is Ratcliffe going to purchase? Can he buy out a Glazer sibling without a class action suit? Anyone know the details?
Delaware law is a bit different. He could buy out a Glazer sibling with approval from 2/3 of the other shareholders. Under Delaware corporate law Section 203 provides that if a person or entity (an “interested stockholder”) acquires 15% or more of the voting stock of a Delaware corporation (the “target”) without prior approval of the target’s board, then the interested stockholder may not engage in a business combination with the target for a period of 3 years.

It basically means that the siblings don't trust each other.

Unread 03-10-2023, 02:14 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
It basically means that the siblings don't trust each other.
Good.

I'm assuming this solely has to do with the b class shares that have voting power. (though it's even better if he has to get approval from Lindsell, Ariel ect.)

So he would have to get the approval of 2/3 (four of the six siblings) to do a buy out, but if I'm one of the Glazer's (other than Joel or Avram), than you have to know your going to get a better return on your shares if Qatar buys them.

If it's even hinted at that Sir Jim has won, their stock shares (A &B) alike are likely going to head into a free fall.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:17 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
With all due respect. £#%&! off Ratcliffe you tight bastard
So top Manc scally Sir James “Big Jim” Ratcliffe isn’t actually that concerned with the long term on field failures attributed to the Glazers and is only really concerned with cashmoneymoolah??

I’m stunned. Maybe Chelsea have put the cost of their season tickets up so he needs to save a bob or two.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:25 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Good.

I'm assuming this solely has to do with the b class shares that have voting power. (though it's even better if he has to get approval from Lindsell, Ariel ect.)

So he would have to get the approval of 2/3 (four of the six siblings) to do a buy out, but if I'm one of the Glazer's (other than Joel or Avram), than you have to know your going to get a better return on your shares if Qatar buys them.

If it's even hinted at that Sir Jim has won, their stock shares (A &B) alike are likely going to head into a free fall.
It's been known for some time that the rest want out with just Joel and Avram clinging on. Maybe they realise they're nobody without United.

Unread 03-10-2023, 01:26 PM
Sparky***

What exactly do Joel and Avi want to hang around for? It’s quite clear they don’t care about the club, just take your billion each and do one.

Unread 03-10-2023, 01:38 PM
believe

Quote:
What exactly do Joel and Avi want to hang around for? It’s quite clear they don’t care about the club, just take your billion each and do one.
Relevance I guess. Don’t forget that for most of their lives they’ll probably been ridiculed for the way they look and have most probably been hated by everyone they’ve ever encountered. Imagine that all through your life then suddenly you’re associated with the biggest name in world sport and everyone’s talking about you.

They probably believe now between the weird looking £#%&!ers that they’re actually quite cool and everyone else thinks it too. That’ll be worth more to them than any money.

Unread 03-10-2023, 02:13 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
more money i'd imagine. enough is never enough to them.

Unread 03-10-2023, 02:35 PM
madhattricks

Priorities for the Glazeholes.

Unread 03-10-2023, 02:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
more money i'd imagine. enough is never enough to them.
Yeah but a billion each?

They aren’t going to make that if they stay at United for another 20 years.

At this stage what are they hanging around for? They don’t know what they’re doing, they employ people who are clearly not up to the job and the club isn’t going to get any more valuable while they’re here

Unread 03-10-2023, 03:04 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Yeah but a billion each?

At this stage what are they hanging around for? They don’t know what they’re doing, they employ people who are clearly not up to the job and the club isn’t going to get any more valuable while they’re here
They've spent their whole lives leeching. It's a difficult habit to give up.

Unread 03-10-2023, 03:17 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Yeah but a billion each?

Probably waiting for the big paycheques that will come with the almost inevitable European super league and likely “here, we’re that Saudi Arabia that you hear about, come and join us instead for ten squillion dollars, or more if you need it” offer.

Unread 03-10-2023, 03:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Status.

See Succession.

Unread 03-10-2023, 03:58 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Yeah but a billion each?

It’s family so it could be anything. I’d suggest it’s incredibly rare for siblings to agree these matters unemotionally and rationally. I’m sure there’s loads of that involved. They will each have had different roles in this takeover debacle and I guess they may not now agree how the rewards are spilt up.

Suspect it’s more about that than two of them
wanting to corner the US football streaming market in 2033.

Unread 03-10-2023, 04:29 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Yep. They can both still get tickets for aways come what may.

Unread 03-10-2023, 06:43 PM
armchair

Exclusive Insights with Dominic O'Connell: Jim Ratcliffe's Eager Pursuit to Take Over Man United!

Unread 03-10-2023, 08:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Exclusive Insights with Dominic O'Connell: Jim Ratcliffe's Eager Pursuit to Take Over Man United!
https://youtu.be/R6InlUyRnaM?si=lUOzcUq1uMh8F9wV
Take over? The desperate bastard would probably take a portrait of himself being hung in the men's shitter, just so he could say he could say he was involved.

Unread 05-10-2023, 10:14 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Ratcliffe getting into bed with the Glazers.

Wonder how his supporters on here feel about that?

Unread 05-10-2023, 11:11 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ratcliffe getting into bed with the Glazers.

Wonder how his supporters on here feel about that?
Boo n pay.