Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:27 AM
Ethers

So eloquent though.

“hooray, the other team has got the ball, where can we win balls?'

Disgusting old fraud.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:42 AM
utd99

Of the myriad reasons why this club is where it is, Ralf Rangnick is the least of them. He’s probably never encountered such rank unprofessionalism from so many players in his entire career. Given the situation he walked into, the probability was always very high that his real job was always going to begin when the season ended; anything more would have been a bonus.

No one watches more of United than we do. If we haven’t figured out where the problem lays by now we probably never will. The man was on a hiding to nothing with this lot.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:44 AM
Ethers

Yeah you’re right, would be completely unfair to put shoulder the actual manager with any responsibility for the team disinhibition with our lowest points total in 30 years, bombing out of every competition without a whimper, serving up atrocious football week after week etc.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:46 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Of the myriad reasons why this club is where it is, Ralf Rangnick is the least of them. He’s probably never encountered such rank unprofessionalism from so many players in his entire career. Given the situation he walked into, the probability was always very high that his real job was always going to begin when the season ended; anything more would have been a bonus.

No one watches more of United than we do. If we haven’t figured out where the problem lays by now we probably never will. The man was on a hiding to nothing with this lot.
Perfectly put. It's so tiring having to explain this.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:49 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

All of this.

And you can say it and still think he hasn’t done a very good job.

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:54 AM
utd99

A patchwork quilt of gross mismanagement lasting a decade, awful recruitment, academy promotions who have just not pushed on and will never be good enough. A squad that’s largely both too mentally and physically weak to wear the shirt and doesn’t want to be here -instagram children- with no way to affect either personnel or fitness and a lame duck status that was no fault of his own. What a shock it didn’t work out eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
All of this.

And you can say it and still think he hasn’t done a very good job.
You only have to watch the way we ‘pressed’ the Liverpool back line to conclude it was very probably the impossible job. No £#%&!ing way he was telling them to play that way, and silly him, he probably thought these were highly paid professional men who would actually go out and at least try to follow instructions.

The funny thing is, we’re happy to talk about this being a three, four, five year job for whoever comes in, yet lambast a bloke who’s had less than six months in a job with both hands and one foot tied behind his back.

I fear for Ten Hag, I really do.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:02 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Perfectly put. It's so tiring having to explain this.
And it’s tiring having to explain it’s wrong, or rather it’s too simplistic.

No one is arguing that this bunch of shit @#%&!s aren’t the worst in a generation. But the logical conclusion to your argument is that no interim manager could have elicited a better response from these £#%&!ers than Ralf has managed to produce.

I think that’s %@#$&!s. Your next response will be ‘well who else was available?’ Which implicitly suggest that a better interim could have done better. So the argument becomes ‘was Ralf the best interim appointment to make’ and I can’t see how anyone can hand on heart say he was. He’s been abysmal.

I’ve said it before but I reckon even Carrick would have done loads better.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:12 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

No one is arguing that this bunch of shit c***s aren’t the worst in a generation. But the logical conclusion to your argument is that no interim manager could have elicited a better response from these ****ers than Ralf has managed to produce.

I think that’s balls. Your next response will be ‘well who else was available?’ Which implicitly suggest that a better interim could have done better. So the argument becomes ‘was Ralf the best interim appointment to make’ and I can’t see how anyone can hand on heart say he was. He’s been abysmal.

I think the club made the right decision for once. Instead of just going for the best permanent appointment available, which probably would have meant dropping to number ten on the list, they waited and got the man they wanted. In the interim this was always likely to be a thankless task for whoever was brought in; if these players were either good enough or professional enough to begin with he probably wouldn’t have been needed in the first place would he? Have we already forgotten how they were playing under Ole?

So again, with no way to affect either personnel or fitness, a lame duck status, and a group who simply refuse to follow instruction, what was he supposed to do?

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:14 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

No one is arguing that this bunch of shit @#%&!s aren’t the worst in a generation. But the logical conclusion to your argument is that no interim manager could have elicited a better response from these £#%&!ers than Ralf has managed to produce.

I think that’s %@#$&!s. Your next response will be ‘well who else was available?’ Which implicitly suggest that a better interim could have done better. So the argument becomes ‘was Ralf the best interim appointment to make’ and I can’t see how anyone can hand on heart say he was. He’s been abysmal.

I think someone could have done better. My main criticism of Ralf is that he’s not the most galvanising of characters….but all we heard when ole was on his arse was that this lot need a coach… they got one, then it changed to Ralf not being motivating enough.

The common denominator is the players. Again and again they continue to complain and fail to deliver under a range of managers who vary in style and experience.

It’s not so much that Ralf should be immune to criticism, but more that any criticism should be directed at far bigger issues.

It’s daft to say that nobody could have done better, but anyone would have still hit the same wall at some point. Carrick did well for 3 games, but so did Ralf. So did ole. So did Jose. To think they wouldn’t have thrown him under eh bus along with anyone else is wishful thinking imo.

The cup exits were especially disappointing, but again, we’d have hit our limit there at some point no matter who was in charge. We were ‘still in three competitions’ in the sense that Norwich were in August.

I don’t anyone on here is suggesting for a moment that he’s done a good job, but the fact he’s even here just points towards what a shitshow we’ve been and what a bunch of £#%&!ers the players are.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:15 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Exactly.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:15 AM
20LEgend1999

Anybody on here could've told him that Ronaldo wasn't going to become a "pressing monster". How someone as experienced as Ralf came in with that in mind is unbelievable. If we'd have brought Steve Bruce in and the season had gone exactly as it has, not one person would be making these defences of him IMO.

His "philosophy" may be fantastic, and there's noone saying the players aren't the reason we're in the situation we're in. However, an interim manager's job is to deal with the situation they're in and look to get the best out of it. Ralf has failed in that regard for me.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Anybody on here could've told him that Ronaldo wasn't going to become a "pressing monster". How someone as experienced as Ralf came in with that in mind is unbelievable. If we'd have brought Steve Bruce in and the season had gone exactly as it has, not one person would be making these defences of him IMO.

His "philosophy" may be fantastic, and there's noone saying the players aren't the reason we're in the situation we're in. However, an interim manager's job is to deal with the situation they're in and look to get the best out of it. Ralf has failed in that regard for me.
Who is saying he thought Ronaldo was or would become a ‘pressing monster’? He’s just pointing out that he isn’t. While also praising him.

The defence of him consists of little more than suggesting that his failure points to other issues, which would be the case with Steve Bruce or whoever else came in. So yes, the defences would be pretty much the same.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Ethers

Quote:

So again, with no way to affect either personnel or fitness, a lame duck status, and a group who simply refuse to follow instruction, what was he supposed to do?
What utter nonsense, I’m sorry.

No way to affect fitness? Are you serious?

No way to affect personnel? It must be another guy who’s been picking the team then, making baffling decisions, giving minutes to players either on their way or hideously out of form, minimising opportunities for the youngsters etc.

Do you genuinely believe every single member of the squad refuses to follow instruction? We wouldnt have finished 2nd last season if that was the case. A manager should be capable of putting a team out that is playing for him, either by inspiring them too, or removing the bad apples, or a combination of both.

The excuses being made for him are utterly incredible.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:21 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Who is saying he thought Ronaldo was or would become a ‘pressing monster’? He’s just pointing out that he isn’t. While also praising him.
Ralf Rangnick, according to James Ducker. Having read the full quotes though, the headline is badly misrepresenting what he said tbf.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:23 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Ralf Rangnick, according to James Ducker. Having read the full quotes though, the headline is badly misrepresenting what he said tbf.
Ok, fair enough. I’m only going off the quotes on here, which didn’t seem to suggest he was excepting anything different.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:29 AM
NedKelly

Why’s he still talking?

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:30 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Why’s he still talking?
Because the interview would be weird otherwise.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:32 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Because the interview would be weird otherwise.
I mean why is he still taking interviews. No one cares. Bring on Erik. It feels like I’m having to sit through a really shit support band for an inordinate amount of time whilst awaiting the main act.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I mean why is he still taking interviews. No one cares. Bring on Erik. It feels like I’m having to sit through a really shit support band for an inordinate amount of time whilst awaiting the main act.
Club PR horseshit innit. They think we like it and care when Quinton Fortune’s birthday is.

Unread 22-05-2022, 11:35 AM
Jethro

Quote:

Carrick would have got a tune out of the players, I completely agree. But that is because he's a pal. And just like water is wet Carrick would have done something to piss one or two off then the exact same cycle starts again.

Ralph actually wanted Carrick to stay, something that has been largely ignored. So Ralph effectively had the shell of a Ferrari with the engine of a reliant Robin.

I am glad it's his last day as we need to move on from him. Fans are never ever going to agree on his spell in charge.
Closed Thread