United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Dr Stranger

7 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat from 12 games. That's not bad given the mess he's inherited and having to deal with all these leaks, no transfers in January and the 'situation with the currently absent player'.

7 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats from 13 games for Conte.

Similar records inheriting similar standard of teams at a similar low ebb, but one is heralded as making Spurs go places while the other is 'no better' than what we were before.

Frankly, it's getting harder and harder to deny he's doing a good job.

Unread 20-02-2022, 05:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
7 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat from 12 games. That's not bad given the mess he's inherited and having to deal with all these leaks, no transfers in January and the 'situation with the currently absent player'.

7 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats from 13 games for Conte.

Similar records inheriting similar standard of teams at a similar low ebb, but one is heralded as making Spurs go places while the other is 'no better' than what we were before.

Frankly, it's getting harder and harder to deny he's doing a good job.
Strangers spitting truth.

Where are the crybabies just a couple of days ago infesting this thread with their toxic bile. The same rats who defended the indefensible for 3 years. The hypocrisy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Careful, some people were slagging him off before Fred and elanga came on
I’ve said this before , he is doing the job with one hand tied behind his back. It’s an impossible role, the squad is full of @#%&!s , the squad is full of players not good enough, the board don’t want to back and he gets undermined ( martial lingard )

Even the mistakes when we concede or draw 90% of them are stupid individual mistakes which. No amount of tactics can amount to.

If players don’t follow your order what can you do
Spot on!

Unread 20-02-2022, 06:04 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Ted Lasso

Got every decision absolutely spot on today.

Starting lineup was bang on, save for a fluke goal and that 30 second brain fart.

Then the three subs were spot on. Took back control of the game, two goals from them and the Rolls Royce slotting in at the back to steady things up.

Nailed it today against that bucket squatting curmudgeon.

Unread 20-02-2022, 06:07 PM
Hyman_Roth

Yep, got it right apart from lingard who I thought was anonymous for most part.

A big improvement on our recent form but it’s probably worth remembering that we wouldn’t have expected to lose at Leeds prior to this season because they’re absolutely £#%&!ing gash.

Nice though - v v enjoyable.

Unread 20-02-2022, 11:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Mou’s tenure was more successful - fact - but in so many ways, equally disappointing.
Not in terms of what matters.

We’re in much better shape with today’s squad than the one mourinho left, regardless of what’s happened in the dressing room this season. The dressing room issues this season are transient rather than fundamental. Under Van gaal and mourinho they were long term fundamental issues.

Unread 20-02-2022, 11:23 PM
MagnificentSeven

three words to define us under raggers:

slow but steady

now in 4th and four points clear of moyeseh's west ham. not long ago we were milling about 7th or 8th. even though we're not blowing the league apart, something is obviously working.

Unread 20-02-2022, 11:23 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Exactly. And I'm glad this is the level we're at. Anything extra and you can guarantee he'd stay on next year. Hopefully he has a dossier of s***e he can give to the new guy.
I think that’s also part of the reason fletcher has been so involved. To see the issues first hand. Will be a great help for fletcher and murtough to have that insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I quite like the guy, although some of his decisions and set ups have been baffling. To be expected when you're parachuted into a club which has silly expectations and a compelte disconnect between the board/management halfway through a season tbf.

But then i've lost all patience with the vast majority of the players. They don't give a **** about the shirt, to be honest, and I don't give a **** about them.

Team Ralf for the time being, but only by default. The entire club needs a full on reboot but I have no hope for that. The owners aren't going anywhere.

Happy Friyay
Do you think city players give a s*** about the shirt? The difference is the discipline that comes from the top. City’s ownership means the manager has authority and the players know they can’t take the **** or they’re out, because the owners don’t give a s*** about taking a financial hit. At united the vibe is the players know they are financial assets first and this undermines the authority of the manager and subsequent discipline of the team. Those at the top of united’s hierarchy need to change that by backing the manager in some big footballing decisions that take a financial hit. Sending a clear message that footballing motivations will dictate the football side of the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
All of this.

That fat mess should be the first out the door in the summer.
I think he’s good enough to be coached into being better. Certainly the reason for such £#%&! ups for their goal today should be fixable.

Doesn’t mean he should be long term full back, but we have more pressing issues this summer and probably not enough budget as it is. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
three words to define us under raggers:

slow but steady

now in 4th and four points clear of moyeseh's west ham. not long ago we were milling about 7th or 8th. even though we're not blowing the league apart, something is obviously working.
There’s about 3 teams below us with enough games in hand to go above us. Arsenal should certainly manage it. Wouldn’t expect Spurs to. It’s us or Arsenal for fourth I think. Bit concerning that we’ve wasted a run of very winnable fixtures.

Unread 21-02-2022, 11:36 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Not in terms of what matters.

We’re in much better shape with today’s squad than the one mourinho left, regardless of what’s happened in the dressing room this season. The dressing room issues this season are transient rather than fundamental. Under Van gaal and mourinho they were long term fundamental issues.
This is delusional nonsense.

There is a reason we were able to go on a good run right after Ole took over.

There was actually a properly coached side taken over. A side that the previous season won 3 trophies.

Rangnick has taken over a loser squad.

Unread 21-02-2022, 12:35 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Yep, got it right apart from lingard who I thought was anonymous for most part.

A big improvement on our recent form but it’s probably worth remembering that we wouldn’t have expected to lose at Leeds prior to this season because they’re absolutely £#%&!ing gash.

Nice though - v v enjoyable.
Lingard an odd selection for what was going to be very physical on a cloggy pitch. I guess all about preserving some players legs for Athletico.

Unread 21-02-2022, 01:13 PM
windy waffles

If he gets top four, he will probably recommend himself for the job...

Unread 21-02-2022, 01:22 PM
dunk

Most other top clubs are sorting transfers for next season and whatnot, we think we’ve got a list of 5 potential managers, maybe

Unread 21-02-2022, 01:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Most other top clubs are sorting transfers for next season and whatnot, we think we’ve got a list of 5 potential managers, maybe
Well what's Fletcher there for? Surely his job as a "football director" or whatever he's supposed to be, is to figure out which way the team is going to evolve?

Unread 21-02-2022, 01:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well what's Fletcher there for? Surely his job as a "football director" or whatever he's supposed to be, is to figure out which way the team is going to evolve?
Coaching, apparently.

Unread 21-02-2022, 03:22 PM
tatty

We seem to be adding an additional layer of power struggle in to an already toxic structure.

Players - Manager - DoF - CEO - Board - Glazers

With only 2 out of the 6 having any real power.

Unread 21-02-2022, 03:44 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
This is delusional nonsense.

There is a reason we were able to go on a good run right after Ole took over.

There was actually a properly coached side taken over. A side that the previous season won 3 trophies.

Rangnick has taken over a loser squad.
why are you lying ? the previous season the lost an fa cup final you @#%&!

Unread 21-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
why are you lying ? the previous season the lost an fa cup final you @#%&!
Saffers has taken to just making things up lately. It’s sad to see

Unread 21-02-2022, 04:14 PM
Drexl

Ralph Picnic

And his assistant: Chris masamper.

What next out of the big wicker basket, to lay upon the gingham blanket?

A full roast pig, or a scotch egg?

Unread 21-02-2022, 05:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ralf was asked what his role was at the club

"I don't really know to be honest. I can only tell you what is hapening in the training sessions, around the training sessions and around the ganmes. In those areas, it's good to have him around..."

Unread 21-02-2022, 07:35 PM
saffers

Rats gone quiet.

Ralfy is here.

Unread 21-02-2022, 07:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We’ve had a run of games against absolute dross, have played more games than any of our rivals hence the games in hand, and I genuinely find it hard to believe we’ve picked up more points than Liverpool.

Feel this may be more fake news from you pal?
Closed Thread