United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2022, 11:35 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Tbf I think part of the problem is that when his name was first mooted we were told by every football hipster on the planet that this guy was the best around, that we were incredibly lucky to be getting this genius who taught Klopp all he he knows etc.

So when we’re a few months in and still playing incredibly dull football, and he’s seemingly deciding to go without such old-fashioned concepts as a midfield. When we’ve got a coaching staff full of yank nobodies, and Ralf is banging on about our xG and what a great guy Harry Maguire is etc.

I think we’re entitled to feel slightly underwhelmed
spot on

Unread 18-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Tbf I think part of the problem is that when his name was first mooted we were told by every football hipster on the planet that this guy was the best around, that we were incredibly lucky to be getting this genius who taught Klopp all he he knows etc.

So when we’re a few months in and still playing incredibly dull football, and he’s seemingly deciding to go without such old-fashioned concepts as a midfield. When we’ve got a coaching staff full of yank nobodies, and Ralf is banging on about our xG and what a great guy Harry Maguire is etc.

I think we’re entitled to feel slightly underwhelmed
For me his entire 6 month tenure was just squeezing the last £#%&!ing breaths out of a dead season. Had no idea who the £#%&!ing bloke was anyway and i have no expectations of him at all.

For me, the £#%&!ing season died the minute we allowed those £#%&!ers to run in 5 goals at Old Trafford and barely even registered a whimper in response. Everything since has been kicking a corpse.

If he somehow manages to steer this bunch of dysfunctional crybabies through the rest of the season without them being roundly humiliated by every single decent team they face, which is what was happening under the previous regime, then fair enough. He can then £#%&! off upstairs and his assembled bunch of yank sidemen can piss off back over the atlantic to the Michigan Manglers or wherever they came from.

Unread 19-02-2022, 12:36 AM
armchair

Klopp came in at liverpool when they were 10th and finished the season 8th.

Unread 19-02-2022, 12:38 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
No better with this man than with Solkjaer. Should never sack a manager of any business without a replacement already identified and ready to take the role.

Unless the circumstances are extreme (death/illness/crime etc..) any business appointing an interim or stop-gap leader is demonstrating that it's a shambles.
We haven’t lost 5-0 under Rangnick

Unread 19-02-2022, 12:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
No better with this man than with Solkjaer. Should never sack a manager of any business without a replacement already identified and ready to take the role.

Unless the circumstances are extreme (death/illness/crime etc..) any business appointing an interim or stop-gap leader is demonstrating that it's a shambles.
Nah Ole had to go regardless of a great plan for me. It had become uncomfortable .

Unread 19-02-2022, 12:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
We haven’t lost 5-0 under Rangnick
We’ve not played a single decent side under Rangnick tbf.

Unread 19-02-2022, 01:15 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Nah Ole had to go regardless of a great plan for me. It had become uncomfortable .
And unfortunately quite the opposite for too many in the squad. Clearly not earning their wages. Absolutely shambolic.

Unread 19-02-2022, 03:12 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We’ve not played a single decent side under Rangnick tbf.
West Ham

Unread 19-02-2022, 09:53 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
What's easy to forget is that we'd concede many times last season but we got away with it
How is us coming from behind a lot last season being used as a negative, when compared to us dropping points after going ahead in 5 out of the 12 games we've taken the lead under Rangnick?

I know which trait I'd rather we had.

Unread 19-02-2022, 10:49 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
How is us coming from behind a lot last season being used as a negative, when compared to us dropping points after going ahead in 5 out of the 12 games we've taken the lead under Rangnick?

Both show a slightly inept game plan tbf but RR’s clearly the more disappointing. As a supporter, Ole’s come backs were ace - overcoming a losing position right at the end is the most exciting thing that can happen in football. It’s just that successful teams aren’t built that way. Anymore.

I’m not totally down on Ralph - my expectations were so low to begin with. But, he and it have been disappointing so far.

I do think it will get better but if united put him forward as the permanent manager then they want £#%&!ing shooting. In fact, just shoot them anyway.

Unread 19-02-2022, 11:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
West Ham

Unread 19-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999

Yeah but that was only because of individual brilliance and nothing more. Could do with a bit of that now tbh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

State of you.

Imagine inventing a threat and then going on to make your own threats.
I didn't make it up are you saying the comment you left isn't exactly what I quoted? I could post a screenshot but it'd be pointless. And i didn't threaten you.

Unread 19-02-2022, 12:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Saffers in the mud, again

Unread 19-02-2022, 01:30 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Unread 19-02-2022, 10:08 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 20-02-2022, 04:55 PM
saffers

What a masterclass in coaching at one of the toughest grounds to visit. In really unforgiving conditions aswell.

He needs to bin Shaw asap tho.

Unread 20-02-2022, 04:59 PM
Ethers

Got the starting 11 right and subs were spot on tbf. Lovely bit of class having a moment with James when it started kicking off too

Unread 20-02-2022, 05:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
What a masterclass in coaching at one of the toughest grounds to visit. In really unforgiving conditions aswell.

All of this.

That fat mess should be the first out the door in the summer.

Unread 20-02-2022, 05:08 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yes yes and yes.

Unread 20-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Careful, some people were slagging him off before Fred and elanga came on
I’ve said this before , he is doing the job with one hand tied behind his back. It’s an impossible role, the squad is full of @#%&!s , the squad is full of players not good enough, the board don’t want to back and he gets undermined ( martial lingard )

Even the mistakes when we concede or draw 90% of them are stupid individual mistakes which. No amount of tactics can amount to.

If players don’t follow your order what can you do
Closed Thread