United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2022, 11:42 PM
ZiggyStardust

xG is a good stat but like all stats it never tells the full story however the consistently best teams generally have the best for and against xG

Sometimes there are outliers like us under Ole the last 2 season and Brighton last season

We’re clearly more organised under Ralf but the football is less than sparkling to say the least
A big issue is lots of players confidence is on the floor and there are clear dressing room issues and both of these are problems Ralf inherited

He was never getting the full time job but if he gets us top 4 he will have done his job

Unread 17-02-2022, 12:33 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
xG is utter %@#$&!s tbh.
As is ExG

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=197

Unread 17-02-2022, 12:41 AM
Drexl

So... par league then

Unread 17-02-2022, 12:53 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Enlighten me. What is 1.8G in a game? Does the 0.8 count as a goal? If we “win” 1.8 v 1.0 do we get three points?
I’ve done a bit of research:

[i]Football is unpredictable and goals can come from any number of unexpected outcomes but with expected goals, we can explain just how unlikely these were.[i]

Just about sums it all up. I’m going to stop watching games and just compare the result against my spreadsheet.

Unread 17-02-2022, 01:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
No, he’s just shit.

Unread 17-02-2022, 02:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 17-02-2022, 08:14 AM
NedKelly

Genuinely thought xG was meant to be an emoji of some kind.

Unread 17-02-2022, 10:27 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Also, instead of threatening me via neg rep because I wrote something positive about Ole like you did last time, feel free to pm me a time and a place next time you're in the North West and we can sort something out

Are people just going to gloss over the fact that Patty has offered Saffers a straightener outside the Arndale?

Stoney can ref. Scar can offer odds.

Unread 17-02-2022, 10:36 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Are people just going to gloss over the fact that Patty has offered Saffers a straightener outside the Arndale?

Stoney can ref. Scar can offer odds.
All over a bit of bad rep too. Just shows the weight of the red on here. Still yet to dish any out. One day…

Unread 17-02-2022, 10:52 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Genuinely thought xG was meant to be an emoji of some kind.
It is. It means "meh".

Unread 17-02-2022, 12:32 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
All over a bit of bad rep too. Just shows the weight of the red on here. Still yet to dish any out. One day…
Couldn't care less about neg rep, it was his threat to batter me in the neg rep comment he left that interested me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
you got some front, ill give you that. IRL id batter you for uttering this shit
I just want him to know my PM's are open.

Unread 17-02-2022, 12:35 PM
armchair

Hello grown men of the internet, please be advised:

Quote:
Don't post racist, homophobic, anti-semitic, libelous, defamatory, sexist or bigoted messages. Don't post content that threatens or advocates physical or mental harm to oneself or others. Don't send any sort of threats, harassment or incitement to violence via posts/pm/reputation comments/profile messages.

Unread 17-02-2022, 12:42 PM
Rorschach

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Hello grown men of the internet,
ZEST!!

yhgr etc

Unread 17-02-2022, 01:19 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Any loop holes in that?

Unread 17-02-2022, 01:29 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Unread 17-02-2022, 01:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Ears is in trouble

Unread 17-02-2022, 02:29 PM
92ToBury

Unread 17-02-2022, 04:40 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Apologies, and sorry for derailing the thread a bit.

Back on topic, he's done alright. To be honest I did expect a bit more when he came in, especially with the run in we had when he first came, but we're looking slightly more solid, and he's fully binned of AWB which is a big positive.

He really needs to find a way to get the best out of Ronaldo now. Never believed he was the issue in the team, if he goes he'll be banging them in elsewhere and we'll still be floundering in the final third.

If the Brighton result can be some sort of springboard into a nightmare few weeks of games, rather than another false dawn we've had to suffer through the last couple of years then he'll earn whatever position in the club he gets at the end of the season.

Unread 17-02-2022, 04:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Apologies, and sorry for derailing the thread a bit.

Back on topic, he's done alright. To be honest I did expect a bit more when he came in, especially with the run in we had when he first came, but we're looking slightly more solid, and he's fully binned of AWB which is a big positive.

He really needs to find a way to get the best out of Ronaldo now. Never believed he was the issue in the team, if he goes he'll be banging them in elsewhere and we'll still be floundering in the final third.

If the Brighton result can be some sort of springboard into a nightmare few weeks of games, rather than another false dawn we've had to suffer through the last couple of years then he'll earn whatever position in the club he gets at the end of the season.
Because of the state of the Board and dressing room I am a firm believer that a top 4 finish will just paper over our cracks. If we finish in the top 4 we will be in the same circle as we have been the last decade.

I do think we need to be broken down ( finish outside top 4 for a few seasons hoping it gets rid of some sponsorship and champiosn league money).

It’s a weird one, ralf is doing very well in the circumstances. I want them to win every game , I just think come end of the summer if we are in the top 4 the board will do the same old thing of signing 2-3 players when we need a minimum of 4 .

(Also they will be the wrong players but they won’t care , they got their top 4)

In an ideal world ralf moves upstairs but we all know he will have no real power

Unread 17-02-2022, 04:52 PM
jem

xg is %@#$&!s. the only measure is how many midfielders we played and who they were.
Closed Thread