United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Absolutely love him. Imagine posting that as information.

Could. But might not. Maybe. Or not. If not, we’ll see.

Rinse, repeat

CHIEF sports correspondent.

Clinton Baptiste levels of bullshittery

Meanwhile…

Posted at 10pm

Unread 25-03-2023, 10:38 AM
Ethers

Bud is in.

Unread 25-03-2023, 10:55 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Absolutely love him. Imagine posting that as information.

Could. But might not. Maybe. Or not. If not, we’ll see.

Rinse, repeat

CHIEF sports correspondent.

Clinton Baptiste levels of bullshittery

Meanwhile…

https://twitter.com/utdplug/status/1...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Posted at 10pm
I know we joke about it, but seriously, how the £#%&! is he the chief sports correspondent at Sky? He's a complete bluffer. Kind of respect his hustle, tbh.

Unread 25-03-2023, 11:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
I know we joke about it, but seriously, how the £#%&! is he the chief sports correspondent at Sky? He's a complete bluffer. Kind of respect his hustle, tbh.
Oh absolutely. I can’t stop watching him. It’s impressive. He should have accidentally said something informative by now.

Unread 25-03-2023, 01:53 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Still no Qatar bid has gone in.

Rumours that they’re feeling messed about, and considering £#%&!ing it off and putting a bid in for Liverpool instead.

JTo say that would be our worst nightmare come true, would be the biggest understatment of all-time!

Unread 25-03-2023, 01:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
JTo say that would be our worst nightmare come true, would be the biggest understatment of all-time!
Would it really though, big Jim in at old Trafford and those sanctimonious bastards down the east lancs can tell us all how they don't accept sport washing as they wait another 20 years for a title....

I honestly wouldn't care less ..

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:26 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Would it really though, big Jim in at old Trafford and those sanctimonious bastards down the east lancs can tell us all how they don't accept sport washing as they wait another 20 years for a title....

As much as we would all love to see, Jim getting his hands on the Club of his dreams(as he was clearly just using, Chelsea last summer, to kick, United's arses into gear), Im staring to genuinly fear that he has'nt got the cash that our greedy parasite owners are having the bare-faced cheek to ask for & the fact that a certain, Michael Knighton is part of
his group, also is a bit of a concern & belive me I would love to be proved wrong about this.

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:29 PM
tatty

Quote:

Big Jim at OT and the Qatari’s at Liverpool?

They would be pissing themselves laughing along with every other fan and all the media.

Give your head a wobble ffs.

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Big Jim at OT and the Qatari’s at Liverpool?

They would be pissing themselves laughing along with every other fan and all the media.

Give your head a wobble ffs.
I wouldn't give a single £#%&!, infact I'd enjoy it...

Sloppy seconds, still sat in mid table.....

From the start you've took the Qatar coin, rolled over and had your belly tickled by the men in white ....it's sad to read, anything for a buck....

At least you can watch your superstars on telly....

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Do people really believe we’ll lose our identity if the Q’s move in?

I’d like to think we’re bigger than that.

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:45 PM
Ethers

Michael Knighton is not part of Ratcliffe’s group ffs

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Slowly but surely you will see it creep in, trust me ....

The "image of our nation" will be near the top of the agenda....

See the world cup and then just banning fan park ale two days before the competition.....they don't care for governing bodies or prior agreements .

They will have full ownership to do as they please, remember Newcastle implemented a green and white third strip 2 months after arrival ...

City advertised on the tube "MCFC home game packages"

The image of the great nation is front and centre for them ...

It's a terrible, terrible idea.

Unless mpbappe scoring every week and pulling on a maroon TMNT face mask is your thing ...

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Slowly but surely you will see it creep in, trust me ....

The "image of our nation" will be near the top of the agenda....

See the world cup and then just banning fan park ale two days before the competition.....they don't care for governing bodies or prior agreements .

They will have full ownership to do as they please, remember Newcastle implemented a green and white third strip 2 months after arrival ...

City advertised on the tube "MCFC home game packages"

The image of the great nation is front and centre for them ...

It's a terrible, terrible idea.
Is that not because City need all of that/don’t care.

We sell ourselves.

We’re a different animal.

Understandable concerns, ofcourse.

Unread 25-03-2023, 02:55 PM
Chris Quayd

Those petrified of a Qatari owned Liverpool, what if they turn them into a b-grade PSG and destroy all their moral high ground in the process?

Unread 25-03-2023, 03:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Those petrified of a Qatari owned Liverpool, what if they turn them into a b-grade PSG and destroy all their moral high ground in the process?
It’s not really a suitable comparison. PSG were a middling club in a piss-poor league. They win that league at a canter and they’re competitive in the CL. They just haven’t won it yet. It hardly equates to Qatar investment being a failure. They’ve elevated them way beyond their station.

Same with City’s owners.

If they get hold of an actual club who are one of the biggest in the world without them, it’s a different story imo.

Unread 25-03-2023, 03:15 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
It’s not really a suitable comparison. PSG were a middling club in a piss-poor league. They win that league at a canter and they’re competitive in the CL. They just haven’t won it yet. It hardly equates to Qatar investment being a failure. They’ve elevated them way beyond their station.

Same with City’s owners.

If they get hold of an actual club who are one of the biggest in the world without them, it’s a different story imo.
The point is as we know more than most, spending huge sums of money doesn’t get you far if you don’t have a coherent plan, at least not in the premier league. The fact is there could be two ME clubs every season as also fans, plenty are obsessed with Liverpool so seeing them fail on and off the pitch would be a good outcome and not a stretch of the imagination no?

Unread 25-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The point is as we know more than most, spending huge sums of money doesn’t get you far if you don’t have a coherent plan, at least not in the premier league. The fact is there could be two ME clubs every season as also fans, plenty are obsessed with Liverpool so seeing them fail on and off the pitch would be a good outcome and not a stretch of the imagination no?
It doesn’t guarantee you reach the pinnacle of what you’re aiming for, but since the days of Walker and Blackburn, clubs that have had THAT kind of investment have been elevated well above their usual standard.

We’re yet to see it with an already established club, so we can only speculate, I suppose.

Chelsea is the closest. They were a top six side before Abramovich and had some recent success under Viali. And they’ve become more than that.

Unread 25-03-2023, 08:29 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:

To right we're bigger than that, it would simply be a case of, United re-gaining what is rightfuly their's & that is to be able to oporate just as they did before the parasites put us in debt & the added bonus is that it would seariously boil the piss of every jealous ABU clown in this country of our's

Unread 26-03-2023, 06:09 AM
shenwen

I'm bought into the Qatari ownership for no other reason than it's inevitable.

Wanting to be bought by them just because it means Liverpool won't is an odd way of looking at in imo.

Unread 26-03-2023, 11:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I'm bought into the Qatari ownership for no other reason than it's inevitable.

Wanting to be bought by them just because it means Liverpool won't is an odd way of looking at in imo.
I’m bought into it because it resets the debt on the club.

Leaving Liverpool to find a new buyer is just a bonus.
Closed Thread