Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:43 AM
Sloppy

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:45 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
We needed a midfielder to replace eriksen yet all you do is piss and moan that we signed mount?

We needed a goalkeeper who isn't afraid of the ball to replace DDG and yet all you do is piss and moan that we signed Onana?

We needed a striker and signed a 20 year old prospect that PSG wanted to replace Mbappe with and all you do is piss and moan.

If you're that enamoured with the dippers signings then please, do us all a favour and go and support them
we needed a midfielder to help casimero.
we needed solidarity added to our midfield as we kept getting over ran. We’ve not done that.
we bought a player that doesn’t really do much for our midfield.
our midfield will get over run against good teams as it stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
We needed a strikers and are going into the season with martial as our senior striker while our other striker is an injured inexperienced 20 year old.
alternatively, no team on the planet has better striker options than rashford, martial, greenwood and hojlund... not to mention that sancho and bruno can both play down the middle and garnacho is a goal threat.

if we get pavard and amrabat, we're winning the league.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Man United have replaced their shit keeper with one of Europe’s best that fits their style of play.

They needed more energy and creativity and got Mount.

They’ve signed one of Europe’s most sought after strikers and have one of their best youth prospects in decades coming back.

They’re going to ditch Maguire and Fred and replace them with Amrabat and pavard with change to spare.

They’re gonna spend less than £200m and end up raking £100m back in.

Meanwhile, we’ve lost 9 players and replaced them with 3. We still don’t have a right back if Trent moves to midfield. We’ve done nothing about Virgil declining and we’ve signed two players from £#%&!ing Brighton for £140m and some Hungarian nobody ever heard of until we signed him.

We finished 20 points off the top last season and had our worst finish in six years. Newcastle and the mancs ovetook us and this is our response. We’re in big trouble.
See, easy this.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:00 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we needed a midfielder to help casimero.
we needed solidarity added to our midfield as we kept getting over ran. We’ve not done that.
we bought a player that doesn’t really do much for our midfield.
our midfield will get over run against good teams as it stands.

We're clearly sniffing around a DM, whether that's Amrabat or a.n.other. The summer is not over yet.

you didn't acknolwedge that we need someone to replace Eriksen, who is a completely different type of midfielder. We got 'overran' by good teams last season precisely because we had a 31yo attacking mid as part of a midfield 2.

Mount is as (if not more) creative than Eriksen, but with much higher energy, workrate, pressing etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
alternatively, no team on the planet has better striker options than rashford, martial, greenwood and hojlund... not to mention that sancho and bruno can both play down the middle and garnacho is a goal threat.

Who are you and what have you done with Jem

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:05 AM
dunk

Chelsea still in the hunt..

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Who are you and what have you done with Jem
I have been consistent. we need midfielders around cass. mainoo and amrabat will do very nicely. I have always fancied hojlund and greenwood was our best player (not sure we'll have him or amrabat or pavard, but..... if).

I'm am underwhelmed by mount, but not because he's shit. what matters is the overall picture.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:07 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Chelsea still in the hunt..
Would be glorious but I can’t see it, he’ll sign for those @#%&!s imo.

What I don’t get is they were reluctant to meet Southamptons 50m fee for that other kid (apparently) but are happy to splurge 111m on this fella.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:16 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What I don’t get is they were reluctant to meet Southamptons 50m fee for that other kid (apparently) but are happy to splurge 111m on this fella.
soton were relegated, brighton were 6th. they signed his midfield buddy. they see this as a coup.

they are deluded.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:18 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Martial and greenwood are included in your assessment of united having the best striking options on the planet.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:25 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Martial and greenwood are included in your assessment of united having the best striking options on the planet.

yup. I have assumed they are both fit.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:31 AM
ZiggyStardust

Am I missing something with Caicedo

He's a good player sure...passes the ball well, good tackler, great athlete but 111 million pounds (with a sell on clause)

Just looked like another really good cog in the Brighton machine last season where he filled in a number of positions
He doesn't score or create....I don't know it seems a lot of money for a mainly defensive minded midfielder

Seems to be flavour of the month at the moment but I don't see anything other than a really good midfielder but not some unmissable once in a generation type player

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:32 AM
Baron

£111m

Doesn't score, doesn't assist - makes some tackles, albeit about 50% fewer than Palhinha did in as many games

Chelsea, Arsenal & the Scousers all with £100m+ defensive midfielders in their XI - mental. Chelsea might end up with two if they trump them & you still wouldn't expect them to get near the title

Mad money in the PL now, we really need to shop outside of the domestic market if we want to unearth a gem.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:35 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Am I missing something with Caicedo

He's a good player sure...passes the ball well, good tackler, great athlete
you would appear to be missing the fact that he's not really any of those things. it's a ridiculous amount of money for an ok player.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:36 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

I think it's pretty clear now that Greenwood will be coming back.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:38 AM
Baron

Klopp at his presser this morning:

Quote:
In his press conference on Friday morning – which saw him confirm the Caicedo deal – Klopp was asked how he felt about his words from seven years ago now.

“Everything changed. Obviously I don’t like it, no. But did I realise I was wrong? Yes. Definitely,” he replied.

“That’s the way it goes. It’s not great, it’s not top, but that’s the way it goes.

“It will not turn around again. Saudi Arabia will not help with that, not blaming it but it’s just another market with a lot of money.

“In the end, we, as a club, we have to just try to make sure that we get, with our resources, the best possible team together.

“We all know in football that 50 percent will like it and 50 percent will say ‘I would have done this’.

“We really try everything to bring together the best team or squad for us. That’s our idea.

“We are not in dreamland, we can’t just point players and bring them in. There’s a lot of work to do, these kinds of things.

“Sometimes one door closes and another one opens.

“But yes, if people want to throw my quotes from five, six years ago, no problem.

“That day, that’s what I thought, and I realised now I was wrong. It’s easy to admit that.”
I hope Caicedo is as big a hit as Pogba was for us

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:38 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:

If you're that enamoured with the dippers signings then please, do us all a favour and go and support them
takes some doing, supporting united, the dippers and arsenal.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:39 AM
Ethers

Absolutely insane deal. Can’t wait for them to find out that neither Caicedo or the Scottish lad are actually that good.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:53 AM
Danoli

I thought Caicedo played very well against us last season.

The dippers signing him for whatever money is not good news for us, he will undoubtedly improve them.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:56 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I thought Caicedo played very well against us last season.

The dippers signing him for whatever money is not good news for us, he will undoubtedly improve them.
He played at right back against us down there, he's versatile & the reality is they need a machine like him to cover Alexander-Arnold's roaming into midfield but it's a British transfer record for someone that's not scoring 30+ goals a season
Closed Thread