United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Would hope someone at the club is taking some form of accountability rather than having this sort of (loser's) mindset.
This. I don’t think outside forces made luke shaw punch the ball away. We could have easily had Casemiro sent off in that game and had a penalty awarded against us today. We deserved to lose both games. We we shit. That’s why we lost. If we don’t make top four, it’s entirely on us.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Would hope someone at the club is taking some form of accountability rather than having this sort of (loser's) mindset.
I mean, its possible to do both. Its not unreasonable to suggest more big calls have gone against us this campaign than vice versa.

And that's even leaving aside our almost unprecedented fixture pile-up, as I have already said.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This. I don’t think outside forces made luke shaw punch the ball away. We could have easily had Casemiro sent off in that game and had a penalty awarded against us today. We deserved to lose both games. We we shit. That’s why we lost. If we don’t make top four, it’s entirely on us.
yep. This isn't on anyone else but us

Last 6 games in all comps

L 3
D 2
W 1

Goals 3
Conceded 7

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
But the point is, that never happens without Brighton being rewarded for diving.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I mean, its possible to do both. Its not unreasonable to suggest more big calls have gone against us this campaign than vice versa.

And that's even leaving aside our almost unprecedented fixture pile-up, as I have already said.
Every team in the league probably thinks more calls have gone against them.

The marginal calls just matter more for us, as we are often incapable of scoring enough goals.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:49 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
But the point is, that never happens without Brighton being rewarded for diving.
You made this argument before but it doesn't fly unfortunately .. if anything we were lucky Cas didn't go again earlier in the game .. as I said at the time Brighton (who are 2 pts back with a much better GD if they win their games in hand) have had the most incorrect VAR decisions go against them in the league, with official PGMOL apologies for costing them 6 pts w/ 2 winning goals being wrongly ruled out. There's nothing in us spinning this off for bad officiating

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:51 PM
MUFC One Love

Where do you start with that?

Abysmal.

Same old problems still there, the goalie weak, Lindelof back to his usual self. There's more who aren't good enough but them two in particular are rubbish. Why do we look like we are going to concede off every set piece we have to defend, and not look like scoring on our attacking ones?

Rashford is our main forward but is he that good?

Every single player today is to blame for that, and the manager.

The manager doesn't seem to be able to motivate them now either. Big job on now to get top 4.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:52 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I’ve seen more fight in a dead £#%&!ing donkey than our lot.
Tired players is bad enough but tired average players is killing us. They make mistakes when they are fully fit. Look even worse when knackered

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Every team in the league probably thinks more calls have gone against them.
What, even Man City and Liverpool?

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Bad refering is such a cop out ...

West ham should have been 3 up today, penalty and second goal was legitimate.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
You made this argument before but it doesn't fly unfortunately
It does as far as that particular goal that cost us a point is concerned.

Brighton being hard done by in other matches (and yes, they have been) is not relevant to the above.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Where do you start with that?

Abysmal.

Same old problems still there, the goalie weak, Lindelof back to his usual self. There's more who aren't good enough but them two in particular are rubbish. Why do we look like we are going to concede off every set piece we have to defend, and not look like scoring on our attacking ones?

Rashford is our main forward but is he that good?

Every single player today is to blame for that, and the manager.

The manager doesn't seem to be able to motivate them now either. Big job on now to get top 4.
he also doesn't seem to be able to set us up to be difficult to play against. Which is a huge huge worry. He's sitting there watching them basically create chances for the opposition every single £#%&!ing game by carrying out his barmy instructions pissing about at the back. When Varane and Martinez went off injured, all that passing out from the goalie shit should have been dumped.

Why is weghorst playing. Just at all? WHY? What does he do? Put rashford up front and PUT AN ACTUAL £#%&!ING MIDFIELDER ON AND FILL THAT £#%&!ING CHASM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PITCH.

because we're an absolute disjointed mess with no appetite for a challenge and instead are quite happy to resort to petulance.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
What, even Man City and Liverpool?
City are averaging over 2.5 goals a game mate, it often doesn't matter does it.

But that's what good teams do, still win if every marginal decision doesn't go for them. Overcome mistakes made by keepers and defenders by actually putting the ball in the opponents net etc.

Unread 07-05-2023, 10:23 PM
magic_cantona

If I was EtH now, I'd be pretending Martial and Weghorst don't exist. That's the pinnacle of our problems - trying to accommodate a £#%&! centre forward and keep Rashford on the left. It's not worked and one is absolutely shit and the other is an absolute fraud who doesn't care.

I just hope that Garnacho was ready to come on if we were winning and wouldn't need to stick his foot in and risk it chasing the game. Start him vs Wolves, Rashford through the middle and Antony on the right.

It's crazy when you look at other teams benches and apart from a couple of exceptions, you know their manager trusts those players. Bournemouth, West Ham, Villa etc - they all have players that can do something and Manchester United don't. It's a gigantic mess.

Unread 07-05-2023, 10:25 PM
dunk

Rashford played through the middle and offered next to nothing. He’s pointless with his back to goal or in the middle where the traffic is.

Unread 07-05-2023, 10:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rashford played through the middle and offered next to nothing. He’s pointless with his back to goal or in the middle where the traffic is.
He’s physically very weak
Lacks fight like so many of our players

Any physical or aerial challenge and he backs off from it

His goals have carried us this season but his attitude at times especially away from home really disappoints me

Unread 07-05-2023, 10:31 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rashford, having proved to the world that he knows where on his head his temple is located, has reverted to last year’s version.

If we are to salvage this, ETH needs to stick Bruno up top with Sabitzer in behind, to give some strength to the midfield and have someone who knows that the object of the game is to put the ball in the opposition’s net. Has to be better than the “can’t play, won’t play” alternative offered by Weghorst and Martial.

Unread 07-05-2023, 10:33 PM
AK14

Sabi in next to two main midfielders with freedom to push forward

Bruno as a false 9 and Rashers and Ant out wife/ cutting in

And…

Sadly for many…

Maguire back in until varane is fit and shaw back out to the left.

Unread 07-05-2023, 10:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s physically very weak
Lacks fight like so many of our players

Any physical or aerial challenge and he backs off from it

His goals have carried us this season but his attitude at times especially away from home really disappoints me
I don't give a £#%&! if he's had a decent half a £#%&!ing season, he's still nowhere near good enough. His footballing brain is like a £#%&!ing mollusc, thick as shit.

Bought into his own hype and thinks he just has to shoot every time he gets the ball.

yet again, come the crunch when we NEED something, he's nowhere to be seen

Unread 07-05-2023, 10:45 PM
dunk

Moyes knows..