United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2019, 11:41 PM
AK14

Also wtf is Neville doing constantly shrugging his shoulders and rolling his neck?

He’s an annoying little £#%&!er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I'd love to see Roy Keane and Paddy Crerand do one of these shows

Would be great/car crash tele.

Unread 05-09-2019, 11:48 PM
Buck

Paddy's the only co-commentator I've heard shout when the opposition got a penalty once "how the heck is that a penalty you can see from up here he dived [replay shows clear contact] oh actually maybe the ref got it right"

Totally red-tinted views but I enjoy his enthusiasm.

Unread 06-09-2019, 12:18 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
From what he said he didn’t have an issue with united getting rid of him that season as he knew it would probably be his last. It was more the way it was done and the lies gill and Fergie told him. He also said he’d saw how disgracefully fergie treated Bruce and Robson at the end too. Absolutely hates fergie. He had about 3 minutes where he really laid into fergie, and it must be said it was all true.
I posted that more on previous Keane comments about his departure and before I saw the video where he cleared up some things. As you say, in a brilliant team he was the best, he would do the job of three men on the pitch. He's still good copy but too often feels like some of his criticisms and his overall image is something he plays up to, there's a difference between being cynical and being miserable.

Unread 06-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The trouble with Jammy’s argument is that nobody was there to see what Neville had to say, because we all get it rammed down our £#%&!ing throats 7 days a week via his commentary, or his analysis, or his newspaper column, or his youtube interviews, or his £#%&!ing twitter account. They were there to see Royston Maurice Keane.

The interviewer was trying to follow up on something very specific Keane had said, so of course he was right to tell Neville to wait, as he might not have got Keane back in that place after Neville had given his tuppence worth. Especially as Neville’s answer would probably have been about ten minutes longer than necessary, included the use of a touchscreen, and culminated in a rant about Paul Pogba.
Pretty sure the event organisers disagree, otherwise he wouldn’t have been there.

Unread 06-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Neville didn't actually add anything other than saying "you could tell that was it" and "it was a horrific day" over and over again

Great to see him being the opinionated principled guy he is and sticking up for Fergie in front of Keane.

Unread 06-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Mr_Ed

Regardless of personal opinions of the two in question I could sit and listen to stuff like that for ages. Love hearing what went on behind the scenes in the good old days...

Unread 06-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Regardless of personal opinions of the two in question I could sit and listen to stuff like that for ages. Love hearing what went on behind the scenes in the good old days...
That

Unread 06-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Sapien

Thought this was a new superband

Unread 06-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Chorlton74

So the video wasn't destroyed.

Keano is dry as a bone

Unread 06-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
So the video wasn't destroyed.

Keano is dry as a bone
Seems the video wasn’t that bad. From what I saw, it seems fergie orchestrated his exit for months before, using quireoz to wind him up and then the video as an excuse to pull the trigger.

Unread 06-09-2019, 05:24 PM
windy waffles

So where is this video?

Unread 06-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Nothing really in that is there? Successful man in position of power uses his influence to give his family opportunities. Shocking and unexpected development.

Usual Keane railing against the bluffers and bullshit rant, have to make your money somewhere I guess. Cringing more at those in the background celebrating every jab at Fergie.

Unread 06-09-2019, 11:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Nothing really in that is there? Successful man in position of power uses his influence to give his family opportunities. Shocking and unexpected development.
They certainly have us well trained these days.

Unread 06-09-2019, 11:37 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I reckon Roy just genuinely calls it as he sees it as opposed to projecting in a way he'd like to be seen or for effect. There are few people out there like that because most do, or have to, consider how what they say will go down or be judged. Roy doesn't give a monkey's and by virtue of the levels he reached and what he's achieved, he doesn't feel he has to. Fair £#%&!s to him.
That's pretty much my take on it/him.

Unread 06-09-2019, 11:39 PM
armchair

I love the guy but there's no denying he loves an audience. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Unread 07-09-2019, 04:16 AM
S/Side.Red

Probably plenty of truth in what he says, although he's deffo more mental than he (and Nev) want to admit.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the ex colleagues who talk shit about him the most are largely the ones who'd be irrelevant otherwise.

Unread 07-09-2019, 11:19 AM
utd99

He was about to go after the interviewer.

Absolute nutcase.

Unread 07-09-2019, 11:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He was about to go after the interviewer.

Absolute nutcase.
“So you know John, do you?”

Gives the bloke the death stare

“He’s been on our show yes”

“I bet he has”...

Unread 07-09-2019, 11:39 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
“So you know John, do you?”

Gives the bloke the death stare

“He’s been on our show yes”