United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think City will bottle it. Fergie is already plaing the mind games saying that it is the most important derby game ever and he will crank it up a bit more in the next few days. City werent great against Wolves.
Yeah but Mancini is some sort of Dr. Evil psychological genius for repeatedly saying United have won it, apparently.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:22 AM
believe

Quote:
I think City will bottle it. Fergie is already plaing the mind games saying that it is the most important derby game ever and he will crank it up a bit more in the next few days. City werent great against Wolves.
I just hope he doesn't play them too well and turn his own team of shit the beds into nervous wrecks.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:24 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
It's down to who are the biggest bottlers unfortunately.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:35 AM
BarryX

If we do end up loosing the title, it might actually be for the best (in the long term), forcing the Glazer's into investing heavily in key areas instead of looking for value options. Win it, and they might say to each other 'are £#%&! it', thinking that as champions of England we were good enough anyway.

I'd say it's nigh on miraculous that we have kept up with the 500 million City for so long, this season, let alone overtake them. Surely the time has come to start competing with them/Chelsea again, in terms of buying proven quality instead of ones for the future...

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:43 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
If we do end up loosing the title, it might actually be for the best (in the long term), forcing the Glazer's into investing heavily in key areas instead of looking for value options. Win it, and they might say to each other 'are £#%&! it', thinking that as champions of England we were good enough anyway.

I'd say it's nigh on miraculous that we have kept up with the 500 million City for so long, this season, let alone overtake them. Surely the time has come to start competing with them/Chelsea again, in terms of buying proven quality instead of ones for the future...

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:48 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
If we do end up loosing the title, it might actually be for the best (in the long term), forcing the Glazer's into investing heavily in key areas instead of looking for value options.

Remind me again of all the world class talent they bought after Chelsea did the Double in 2010? Or their reaction to watching us be eviscerated in two European Cup finals? Whatever happen in the coming weeks, we'll be watching the same shit @#%&!s next season serve up another nine months of mostly terrible football.

There's no upside to watching City win the league. Keep bleating about money if it helps numb the pain though.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:53 AM
borsuk

Quote:

you've got to laugh

some folk

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:59 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Keep bleating about money if it helps numb the pain though.
Aye - a precautionary measure in case we get £#%&!ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you've got to laugh

some folk
It's the anti 'Why always us - we won it 20 times' ethos. Looking for a positive in the negative before the negative even happens, as opposed to celebrating a positive from a now likely negative.

Need more coffee.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Looking for a positive in the negative before the negative even happens, as opposed to celebrating a positive from a now likely negative.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:19 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Remind me again of all the world class talent they bought after Chelsea did the Double in 2010? Or their reaction to watching us be eviscerated in two European Cup finals? Whatever happen in the coming weeks, we'll be watching the same shit @#%&!s next season serve up another nine months of mostly terrible football.

There's no upside to watching City win the league. Keep bleating about money if it helps numb the pain though.
True.

There's no getting away from it....if we blow this, it will be the most painful season since 92.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:22 AM
believe

Quote:

you know things are bad when the tevster starts spelling £#%&!ing lose wrong. stc.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

"Its for the best love....."

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:33 AM
BarryX

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you know things are bad when the tevster starts spelling £#%&!ing lose wrong. stc.
I must have loost the plot trying to find a way to calm my nerves, the pre-programming of a defence mechanism into my own psyche (in the event of a worse case scenario) is helping FFS.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:34 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
so basically, we're £#%&!ed then
No not at all, just he's a young lad and we need a big performance from him next week. Was a bit nervous Chelsea away, and he did well.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:38 AM
forwardirektion

I think they might dick us and then choke at newcastle. So as long as we don't choke against sunderland we'll win it

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
We've already choked in one vital game this season (Basle), surely Fergje wont let it happen again .

Times like this you United still had a Keane on the pitch....

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:40 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
I think they might dick us and then choke at newcastle. So as long as we don't choke against sunderland we'll win it
I can't see them £#%&!ing up if they beat us. The confidence and self belief they'll gain from beating us will carry them through. If they beat us. It's all doom and gloom now and I can understand it, but come Monday, ALL the pressure is on them and they have to win to have any chance. It's a big ask for them and they don't seem to respond well to pressure.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:41 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

Times like this you United still had a Keane on the pitch....
aye - what I said yesterday. We badly missed a leader out there. At 4-2 we really should have been looking to run out the clock and tighten the £#%&! up.
Closed Thread