United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-09-2021, 06:16 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Its not like I said a lot more, just a bit more. Flashes of danger etc....

Anyway I think he'll be class so its a bit moot.
Definitely just a confidence thing at this stage and a case of trying too hard to do the difficult things when the simple things are on the cards. You could see Ronaldo’s game plan from the opening minute. Work the ball out wide then get in the box. All we needed at times was Sancho to get the ball in the box.. more often than not though he turned back and played to Pogba or Bruno and we tried to work the ball through the middle.

You get two wide men putting the ball in the box and Ronaldo is going to score, it’s that simple.

Unread 12-09-2021, 06:36 AM
armchair

Unread 12-09-2021, 08:00 AM
MUFC One Love

What a day.

Thought Sancho started well, he faded a bit but he has great feet, just feel like he could be a bit more direct.

Good win.

Unread 12-09-2021, 09:28 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
incredible insight from irk

A sober re-read suggests you might have a point. Anyway, it was interesting to chat to an articulate and understated chap who personally knew and was involved with all the Portuguese players and had had dealing with lots of leading managers. An inside man so to speak.

I got the distinct impression his opinion of ole wasn’t down to oles treatment of Dalot but in hindsight I should have asked if he had heard of Whip Hubley from the United forum. ‘He’s an electrician mate and he thinks you’re talking shit and it’s all down to you being pissed off about Dalot. An electrician mate yeah’

Unread 12-09-2021, 09:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

A sober re-read suggests you might have a point. Anyway, it was interesting to chat to an articulate and understated chap who personally knew and was involved with all the Portuguese players and had had dealing with lots of leading managers. An inside man so to speak.

I got the distinct impression his opinion of ole wasn’t down to oles treatment of Dalot but in hindsight I should have asked if he had heard of Whip Hubley from the United forum. ‘He’s an electrician mate and he thinks you’re talking shit and it’s all down to you being pissed off about Dalot. An electrician mate yeah’
Ouch......

Unread 12-09-2021, 09:59 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Perhaps he needed some wiring done.

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:02 AM
believe

Poor large Michael

What’s all this suuuuuu thing about?

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Poor large Michael

What’s all this suuuuuu thing about?
It's siiiiiiii

Spanish for yes mate, a Real Madrid thing, been doing it for donkeys years....

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:32 AM
dunk

Enjoyed that

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's siiiiiiii

Spanish for yes mate, a Real Madrid thing, been doing it for donkeys years....
Oh

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:05 AM
saffers

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuu

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:52 AM
Jethro

Game had a testimonial feel to it. Just didn't seem real at all.

I imagine a fair bit of what Ronald is saying is scripted but he must have got an almighty buzz from that reception.

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Game had a testimonial feel to it. Just didn't seem real at all.

I imagine a fair bit of what Ronald is saying is scripted but he must have got an almighty buzz from that reception.
Scripted

Post match interviews aren't scripted mate

Unread 12-09-2021, 12:02 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Scripted

Post match interviews aren't scripted mate
Social media and interviews etc you dolt.

Unread 12-09-2021, 12:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Seriously, what a player; what a man. I absolutely adore the £#%&!oh.

Unread 12-09-2021, 02:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

Really looking forward to the Access All Areas vid on Monday

Should be a truly epic one

Unread 12-09-2021, 04:26 PM
armchair

Unread 12-09-2021, 04:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
When you see it from that perspective those camera men must be proper annoying for the players

Unread 12-09-2021, 08:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuu
Is this from that incredibly annoying TV advert

Unread 13-09-2021, 01:50 AM
Neo

Football

Allan Saint-Maximin, btw.

I’m getting more convinced that there is a proper player there. Last season I’d written him off as a show pony, but he seems to be improving, and is a genuine threat, with a decent final ball.

Great fun to watch, and he has something that I haven’t seen from a United winger in years - the ability to consistently beat a man. Much prefer him to Adama Traore at Wolves.