United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Sloppy

Default Avram Grant accuses ref of handing title to Man United

Avram Grant last night accused referee Steve Bennett of gifting Manchester United the Premier League.

In a shock attack, guaranteed to provoke an angry reaction from the FA and Old Trafford, the Chelsea boss suggested there was a top-level conspiracy to deny the Blues the crown. "I think in England there are some very good referees," said Grant.

"But there are some, a few of them, you can influence - like you saw. I will not say more than this."

United's title-clinching 2-0 win at Wigan came after Bennett, ironically one of Sir Alex Ferguson's least favourite refs, ignored a blatant handling offence in the box by Rio Ferdinand with the game goalless.
Advertisement

Bennett then let Paul Scholes, already booked, stay on the pitch after a blatant foul on Wilson Palacios.

And yesterday the Israeli lit the blue touch-paper for next week's Champions League Final as he went public on his darkest suspicions - and hinted United's title triumph would always be tainted.

Grant said: "I looked at the game between Wigan and United. The referee was as we expected, good for one team.

"After the game that we won against United and were on the same points, we knew that they had to play West Ham and Wigan, so it was not in our hands.

"I told you I believe in the tradition of the fair English game. I will not say anything against this - but what happened is what I expected.

I do not think the world is against Chelsea. But in this case there were some coincidences, for Manchester United."

Grant revved things up for Moscow by admitting he was relieved the referee would be a European, and not drawn from the Premier League.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20418242/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1166455.ece

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Mr_Ed

He's a #@&%!... He tries to influence the ref and possibly wind Fergus up but he's shit at it.

@#%&!ing #@&%!bing £#%&!stain.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

His face is starting to wind me up.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Ether

Read this last night. Didn't really have a problem with him before, but the bitter saggy faced @#%&! can £#%&! right off now.

Notice he doesn't mention us getting a player sent off against West Ham, or two pens denied against Wigan. £#%&!ing gobshite.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Kim Jong-il

With the league being won in one game at the end of the season why do we have to waste 9 months of our time and money?

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:47 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Him attempting mind games with fergie is like me challenging Joe Calzaghe to a scrap.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Rossi the Red

Anyone who draws with Bolton at home doesn't deserve to win anything.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:50 AM
plopborsky

makes me laugh the #@&%! lover

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Read this last night. Didn't really have a problem with him before, but the bitter saggy faced @#%&! can £#%&! right off now.

Notice he doesn't mention us getting a player sent off against West Ham, or two pens denied against Wigan. £#%&!ing gobshite.
Or the fact they drew their last game.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:53 AM
dunk

Tastes bitter does it Baron?

Don't like to lose?

Just keep questioning, publicly, United's superiority until next Wednesday, just give our lads another reason to give your cynical, shite football purveying, up their own arse set of £#%&!ers a good kicking.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:54 AM
El Calafate

just shows he's out of his depth at chelsea. nft.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
His face is starting to wind me up.
He looks like the bloated corpse of Larry Grayson.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Spiffy

So is he saying that Wigan would have beaten us? A draw would still have given us the league. What a @#%&! Grant is, he only got the job because of his religion and the fact he is mates with the owner. He isn't there on merit at all, which other Big4 club would have considered him? £#%&! him in the ear.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:06 AM
denis lawless

Piss drinking £#%&!wit

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Piss drinking £#%&!wit

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:32 AM
flange

Of course Chelsea have never, ever tried to influence a referee

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:50 AM
dodger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Good one

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:55 AM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Anyone who draws with Bolton at home doesn't deserve to win anything.
It's ok to lose away to them though

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Terry Silver

Default Avram Grant - @#%&!

“Chelsea are the favourites of the neutrals, of course. Why do you think? Because they respect what we did this year, coming from fifth place [to finish second in the Premier League] and after drawing the first [Champions League group] game against Rosenborg. People respect these things, don't they?"

When Grant took over this was what the league table looked like.

http://www.chelsea-mad.co.uk/footydb...137&teamno=132

Joint on points, one goal less goal difference, and they'd scored 3 more goals than us.

Grant came in promising attacking, free-flowing, winning football. They spent big in January on a striker whilst we made do with the squad we had.

In spite of this somehow we ended up scoring 15 more goals than them, winning the league by 2 points with a vastly superior goal difference, playing much better football.

And people respect that?

Closed Thread