United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:07 PM
puressence

Enjoyed that 9th flying be great when martial and rashford come back ..

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:08 PM
20LEgend1999

Everybody wanted pitch side monitors used more, and now they are being used it's a problem as well.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ground the win out after an international break. When we play bad atleast we get 3 points. Bedwetters pissing themselves, despite us winning. Could they have played better? Sure, but they didnt and still got 3 points.

Bed cavani martial and rashford as a front three and The Scottish Player fred bruno as a midfield and we might onto something.

Those who are bitter despite winning 3 points sad you cant enjoy when we win. Anyway , onto the next game
I’m not sure what’s more boring, our play or the bedwetter crowd. We were shit mate. West Brom are rubbish. No one wants it, it’s just the way it is.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Dr Stranger

‘Clear and obvious error’ is a subjective term.

They can’t complain about refs not using monitors and then complain when they do use it.

At least, the very least, the ref has overturned his own decision rather than someone making it for him.

Walton is saying the ‘var is putting pressure on him’. No they’re not. He’s a big boy. He can take his time and assess his own decision.

I’m surprised he came to that conclusion, but the process itself is something we’ve all asked for.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Jesus if that was average then we're worse than I thought.

I think we're aiming a bit higher. Southampton say.
Well it’s actually above average for our home performances so far if you want to be a picky @#%&!.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well it’s actually above average for our home performances so far if you want to be a picky @#%&!.

I do tbh

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:11 PM
AK14

Cav man of the match

Needs to start the next game.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. He’s just lacking a bit of confidence and needs a goal. He’ll be fine and back amongst it soon enough.

Harsh to single him out tonight when it’s been a tense and poor performance all round. None of the front players have been good.
It’s not form mate, he passes on runs all game long. He’s the anti-Son.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:13 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
A win’s a win. Important thing is we probably could have won that 3/4-0 had any of our forwards been remotely on it.

Another positive to take is that you know the manner in which we won has left Marlo and tronics foaming at the mouth with impotent rage. One minute they’re laughing to themselves, ready to get their smug on, the next their pen has been disallowed. Then, we nab a penalty moments later, only for Bruno to £#%&! it up. This was the exact moment their joy peaked. You just know Tronics had a little “he’s not even good at penalties anymore” comment lined up. Then the Gods smiled on us...
Oooohhh, look at Nedders with his level headed outlook on a much needed home win.

Decent win in the end imo. Wasn't pretty and there were some insipid individual performances, but 1-0 flattered them in the end really. Home voodoo for this season put to bed for now. Lets crack on.

Sparky's already forgotten posting that his second favourite team wouldn't care one bit that they scabbed a late win against a West Brom team that battered them for most of the game. But we win in a much more comfortable fashion and he's all doom and gloom again. S2c

Medlock

Don't get this. Never a pen. Bruno megs him if anything

suedeshoes

Up there with the worst games of football I've ever seen. We're shit and VAR has ruined the game.
Still. 3 points. Up the Penalty FC.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:14 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Everybody wanted pitch side monitors used more, and now they are being used it's a problem as well.
Are there any OPTA stats on what percentage of post match analyses pundits spend blurting about VAR outrages ?

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:14 PM
Medlock

Fred did foul him though

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:15 PM
Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Cav man of the match

I remember when this was a thing with Ighalo as well.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s not form mate, he passes on runs all game long. He’s the anti-Son.
His form determines those things though. It doesn’t come naturally to him, but when he’s on it, has that extra spring in his step, he’s in better areas.

He has flaws in his games as a ‘number 9’, but he also has qualities that
Other no 9s don’t (can beat a player, delicate one touch play).

Right now, he’s not in good form and not scoring. No denying that and he needs to improve. Once he finds it, I fancy him to bag another 20 this season. He had, what, 23 last year? If he can do that again, happy days,

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Fred did foul him though
It’s all become way too nit picky. Maybe that was inevitable with the upgrade in tech.

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Cav man of the match

Johnstone was man of the match

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
‘Clear and obvious error’ is a subjective term.

They can’t complain about refs not using monitors and then complain when they do use it.

At least, the very least, the ref has overturned his own decision rather than someone making it for him.

Walton is saying the ‘var is putting pressure on him’. No they’re not. He’s a big boy. He can take his time and assess his own decision.

I’m surprised he came to that conclusion, but the process itself is something we’ve all asked for.
This is how I imagine the conversation went:

VAR: Did you see Fernandes touch the ball

Ref: No, did he definitely get a touch on the ball?

VAR: Yes, do you want to take another look at it?

Ref: Yes.

Made an error in not seeing the touch on the ball and overturned the decision upon reviewing it. It's that simple (and fairly obvious imo).

LOOK AT THE SHINS, LOOK AT THE SHINS!!

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
I remember when this was a thing with Ighalo as well.
Who?

Unread 21-11-2020, 11:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This is how I imagine the conversation went:

VAR: Did you see Fernandes touch the ball

Ref: No, did he definitely get a touch on the ball?

VAR: Yes, do you want to take another look at it?

Ref: Yes.

Made an error in not seeing the touch on the ball and overturned the decision upon reviewing it. It's that simple (and fairly obvious imo).

LOOK AT THE SHINS, LOOK AT THE SHINS!!
Yes. They keep saying clear and obvious, but that is subjective so trying to make that consistent is a nightmare.

They must also have a responsibility to point things out that they suspect the ref might have missed. In this case, a touch on the ball.

From there, he can make his own decision about his own decision, with as many views as he likes.

That’s surely not a bad thing.

How he come to the conclusion he did, I’m not sure, but that’s another matter and ultimately shows that no matter how much tech you bring in, not many football laws are 100% fact and it’s often going to come down to a human making a judgment call.