United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2009, 04:19 AM
wonky no

Default my biggest disappointment this season

has been the absence of hargreaves. what a player he could be for us. just what we need in the run in.

Unread 17-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Grimson

Palacios will handle it.

Unread 17-01-2009, 04:40 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Palacios will handle it.
see kfc's thread

Unread 17-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
has been the absence of hargreaves. what a player he could be for us. just what we need in the run in.
Mine too.

Unread 17-01-2009, 08:59 AM
borsuk

yeah. i think we were all hoping to see more both hargreaves and anderson this season: hargreaves being fit and giving us real zip and energy in m/f and anderson kicking on from a more than decent first season.

we've done ok but central m/f has been a bit lacking in drive at times with those two not really giving us what we hoped for.

Unread 17-01-2009, 11:29 AM
fix up look SHARPE

after the CL final i was really hoping to see more of hargreaves at right mf.

the way we've lined up this season would've been perfect for him as well. hargreaves on one side and ronaldo on the other.

Unread 17-01-2009, 11:31 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter
Mine too.
different reasons from the original poster

Unread 17-01-2009, 12:31 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
after the CL final i was really hoping to see more of hargreaves at right mf.

the way we've lined up this season would've been perfect for him as well. hargreaves on one side and ronaldo on the other.
Me too, his passing is very under rated. He could be great on the right. Exactly like park except with everything that parks good at taken up a notch.

Unread 17-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Jack Duckworth

he's a bit like saha for me. a great option when he's fit, but he's never fit

unless you're asking glitter

Unread 17-01-2009, 12:39 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Theres a bit of a difference between them both.

Where as Saha would have a hamstring here, toenail there. Hargreaves has the same problem so hopefully this OP has sorted it out. So he should be good to go pretty soon.

Unread 17-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Theres a bit of a difference between them both.

Where as Saha would have a hamstring here, toenail there. Hargreaves has the same problem so hopefully this OP has sorted it out. So he should be good to go pretty soon.
true, but they're both injured when we need them. hopefully the cougar will be available for the run-in.

Unread 17-01-2009, 12:52 PM
BarryX

Quote:
true, but they're both injured when we need them. hopefully the cougar will be available for the run-in.
that would be something to behold...a fit OH Cougar! coming in right at the end of the season. His input last year really shouldn't be overlooked.

Unread 17-01-2009, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
No chance, sadly. I think we'll be lucky to have him back for the start of next season. Both knees being operated on is a £#%&! of a thing to come back from.

Any actual news on a bid for Palacios or is it all %@#$&!s?

Unread 17-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No chance, sadly. I think we'll be lucky to have him back for the start of next season. Both knees being operated on is a £#%&! of a thing to come back from.

Any actual news on a bid for Palacios or is it all %@#$&!s?
seems to be just rumours/wishful thinking from what i can see. but you never know

Unread 17-01-2009, 01:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Agree about the Cougar ..he's been a huge miss. Cracking player.

...my biggest dissapointment this season is the lack of goals, particuarly away from OT.
I know you can't always replicate past seasons, but we haven't been away from home & put 3 or 4 past anyone (last couple of seasons you think of Villa, Newcastle, Spurs, Everton etc..)
Games are so cagey & tight at the minute. Horrible to watch (nerve wise)
Hopefully that'll change today, but what with esentially all our players being injured we might struggle a tad..

Unread 17-01-2009, 01:05 PM
silv

carrick needs to step up imo needs to make himself undroppable

Unread 17-01-2009, 01:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
ha!

he is undroppable.

hasn't stopped fergie dropping him.

Unread 17-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Palacios will handle it.
we won't sign him. hth.

Unread 17-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Glitter

Quote:

Hehe...

He's a fab player though....I could watch that free kick against Arsenal all day.

In fact I have.

Unread 17-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he is completely undroppable and also unfortunately completely underrated. outstanding midfielder.
Closed Thread