Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
the Quran?

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Easy to say in hindsight, but I don’t see the big deal in bigging up players who were probably low on confidence after the first part of the season. That positivity from the manager was probably why the team went on such a good run in the first place. Splits in team spirit due to contract negotiations coupled with poor fitness probably did for the poor run. Neither of which are down to his management, unless his training methods were responsible for the breakdown in fitness and team spirit.

In what way did it not help himself?
Because it looks very stupid when they reverted to type - i.e not being good enough, which we knew was the case before he arrived.

Don't really care about that, it's his constant favouring of Lingard and Mata and surrounding himself with stale thinking in the backroom that concerns me, not to mention the farce of this summer

There are obvious concerns with his approach this early on, the same as there were with all of Fergie's successors early on. That doesn't mean to say he should be sacked or resign of course - but on the latter, if he was ignored this summer on transfer targets then I wonder what he thinks he can achieve here.

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Bunker Buster

The "farce" was it ? Of this summer has nothing to do with him...

Which players should be starting in front of Mata and Lingard ?

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Ethers

Favouring of Mata

How many minutes has he played this season??

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Favouring of Mata

I daren't even look...

16 ?

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Why do people keep bringing this up

It's just a throw away, media sound bite ..
I mean, do people really forget that Fergal didn't always mean what he said?

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:31 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I mean, do people really forget that Fergal didn't always mean what he said?
Doubt they've forgotten anything about him tbh, you bring him up every £#%&!ing thread.

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:36 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
The "farce" was it ? Of this summer has nothing to do with him...

Which players should be starting in front of Mata and Lingard ?
He could give chances to other midfielders and push Pogba forward, or give some of the youth he bangs on about a chance. The former might waste those chances, but so do his current preferences, and it might well be too early for the latter, but it's madness to persist with such s***. If only we had just had a summer transfer window to bring someone in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Favouring of Mata

He's regularly been ineffective yet gets rewarded with a new contract and is usually one of the first changes despite hardly ever doing anything.

Wolves was the latest example of his utter uselessness ... some on here would be frothing if it was Pogba or Martial flunking easy through balls or giving the ball away. When he's being brought on in that situation to change the game, it's clear he has an important role.

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Bunker Buster

I asked to name the players that should start over lingard and Mata ?

Own your shite

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
I asked to name the players that should start over lingard and Mata ?

Own your shite
If you can't work it out from that, best stick to digging out Mustafi stats

Unread 26-08-2019, 11:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
If you can't work it out from that, best stick to digging out Mustafi stats
So no names then ?

Cool.

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Because it looks very stupid when they reverted to type - i.e not being good enough, which we knew was the case before he arrived.
So never praise the team or a player because they won’t keep it up forever? It’s a ridiculous criticism of a manager.

Quote:
Don't really care about that, it's his constant favouring of Lingard and Mata and surrounding himself with stale thinking in the backroom that concerns me, not to mention the farce of this summer
Stale thinking in the back room? Where are you getting this shit. How do you know the thinking is stale?

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:37 AM
goldfinger II

It's been 3 games, folks. We've a thin squad and a long season ahead - the kids will play because there won't be a choice.

Calm.

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Patty_b

Man United:

Won 1, Lost 1, Drawn 1.

Played Chelsea, Wolves and Palace

Spurs:

Won 1, Lost 1, Drawn 1.

Played Aston Villa, Sports Wash FC and Newcastle

Win the next couple of games and everything's forgotten and we start to look up again.

And at least we're not managed by the Crying Argie.

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
So no names then ?

Cool.
Having a who is the shittest discussion over Lingard, Mata, Fred, Matic, Perrera every single week promises to be one of the highlights of this season.

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:10 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Having a who is the shittest discussion over Lingard, Mata, Fred, Matic, Perrera every single week promises to be one of the highlights of this season.
Shaw the Scapegoat too

Unread 27-08-2019, 01:22 PM
utd99

The man walked into an utter mess, six years in the making courtesy of the three stooges and calamity Ed. Anyone who thought this could be turned around in a few months and one window just doesn’t understand football.

Klopp finished 8th after taking Liverpool over from Brendan Rodgers, and Guardiola finished 3rd, giving most of his players a full season to prove their worth before shipping out the flops. There were also plenty of awful results in their first seasons in charge. Neither really started to turn it on until the team was mostly theirs. Both would have been fired using Fred standards.

Unread 27-08-2019, 01:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The man walked into an utter mess, six years in the making courtesy of the three stooges and calamity Ed. Anyone who thought this could be turned around in a few months and one window just doesn’t understand football.

Klopp finished 8th after taking Liverpool over from Brendan Rodgers, and Guardiola finished 3rd, giving most of his players a full season to prove their worth before shipping out the flops. There were also plenty of awful results in their first seasons in charge. Neither really started to turn it on until the team was mostly theirs. Both would have been fired using Fred standards.
Both had prior success at the top level as well.

Unread 27-08-2019, 01:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Both had prior success at the top level as well.
And both started somewhere, without that record of success. Solskjaer may be a failure, or he may be a resounding success, there is literally no way to know at this point. If game by game hysteria is the new order of the day then it’s probably time to do something else.
Closed Thread