United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Love Neymar but he's a @#%&! for ruining the tie with that last goal.

I got the impression from that BT doc when they kept talking about recycling the squad that they know they've probably let it stagnate slightly. Obviously people are digging Pep but the genuine alternatives to Robben/Ribery should probably have been signed already.

Would be surprised if they didn't go in big for a Depay/Reus and another quick attacker. I'd expect Pep to stay and oversee the rebuilding. Very harsh to judge a manager on getting to Champions League finals. United didn't manage it for nearly a decade after '99.
Harsh, but inevitable after the position Heynckes left Bayern in. Guardiola inherited the best team in Europe, at a time when the club were untouchable in their domestic league, the most statistically dominant they have ever been. That has become even more apparent with the ease with which they take their main rivals best players, Gotze, Lewandoski.

Winning in Germany is expected from that position, close to inevitable. I imagine many Bayern fans are looking back at their team destroying Barca 7-0 on aggregate 2 years back and not reflecting overly kindly on Guardiola.

Unread 07-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Yeah it's going to take a monster summer to raise the quality levels to this, some incredible football.
Indeed .

Amazing pair of games.

Best semis I've seen in ages ......fnarr

Unread 07-05-2015, 08:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Harsh, but inevitable after the position Heynckes left Bayern in. Guardiola inherited the best team in Europe, at a time when the club were untouchable in their domestic league, the most statistically dominant they have ever been. That has become even more apparent with the ease with which they take their main rivals best players, Gotze, Lewandoski.

Winning in Germany is expected from that position, close to inevitable. I imagine many Bayern fans are looking back at their team destroying Barca 7-0 on aggregate 2 years back and not reflecting overly kindly on Guardiola.
Could argue he took over a team that had peaked. But overall nobody defends the European Cup so it was a huge ask last season. Injuries have badly affected them this year, also. Imagine taking Messi, Iniesta and Dani Alves out the Barca side. That's before you get to Javi Martinez and Badstuber, who would be a top defender without injuries.

Unread 07-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very harsh to judge a manager on getting to Champions League finals. United didn't manage it for nearly a decade after '99.
yes, but United and Ferguson get called out for it even now - poor tactics, poor transfer markets, lack of ambition, poor coaching blah blah blah

as Tiberian rightly says imo, bayern have rigged their own league and were in an incredible position when guardiola took over to dominate in europe. last season they got taken apart by real and this season it's looking as if barcelona will convincingly knock them out again - playing in a more dynamic 'play style' than guardiola's version did, too.

Unread 07-05-2015, 08:59 AM
redhegemony

Benzema- Bale- Ronaldo

Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Ribery-Lewanthingy-Robben

Rooney - Falcao -RVP- Fellaini :shakehead:

Costa- Hazard- Oscar - Willian

Sanchez - Giroud- Walcott - Welbeck

English clubs miles behind - think we need 3 strikers..

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:06 AM
dunk

Much prefer watching this Barca than Pep's tbh.

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:08 AM
puressence

some @#%&!s on here ..messi isnt that good :shakehead:

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Benzema- Bale- Ronaldo

Messi-Suarez-Neymar

Ribery-Lewanthingy-Robben

Rooney - Falcao -RVP- Fellaini :shakehead:

Costa- Hazard- Oscar - Willian

Sanchez - Giroud- Walcott - Welbeck

English clubs miles behind - think we need 3 strikers..
All 4 of ours need £#%&!ing off before we challenge for anything significant tbf. Might be able to scrape a league with Rooney involved. Doing sweet F.A. In the CL until we've been completely revamped from an attacking PoV.

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:15 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Much prefer watching this Barca than Pep's tbh.

Probably a lot easier to like now that they’re not humiliating United in European Cup finals tbf.

Messi is just disgusting btw. TBE nqat.

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRTxN3rebvA

Probably a lot easier to like now that they’re not humiliating United in European Cup finals tbf.

Messi is just disgusting btw. TBE nqat.
They're just more fun and I can't £#%&!ing stand the majority of their forward line and a large part of their defence

Will Luis Enrique be revered as Pep is should he grab the treble?

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:23 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
They're just more fun
Can't bring myself to say Suarez is better than Eto'o but...

Super Pep's side demolishing Ronnie, Kaka, Benzema and Mourinho 5-0 is still the best performance I've ever seen from a football team. Different class.

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Can't bring myself to say Suarez is better than Eto'o but...

Super Pep's side demolishing Ronnie, Kaka, Benzema and Mourinho 5-0 is still the best performance I've ever seen from a football team. Different class.
I £#%&!ing hate the goofy @#%&!, but... Don't know if he's a better striker, but his work rate and unselfishness is perfect for the other 2.

I'm impressed with Rakitic, thought he was excellent last night tbh.

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:27 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Think saffers saged that lad a couple of years ago.

Unread 07-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Jethro

Quote:
I £#%&!ing hate the goofy @#%&!, but... Don't know if he's a better striker, but his work rate and unselfishness is perfect for the other 2.

I thought he was going to bomb but he's been quite the player for them. Phenomenal work ethic

Unread 07-05-2015, 11:26 AM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 07-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Sparky***

Yeah he's the best ever. Absolute nonsense of a player.

Unread 07-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Semantic Lisp

Just like everyone else, Messi is one of the best players I've ever seen.

Thought Bayern did ok against him last night till the 1st goal, and then they just fell apart spectacularly.

Unread 07-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
Just like everyone else, Messi is one of the best players I've ever seen.

Thought Bayern did ok against him last night till the 1st goal, and then they just fell apart spectacularly.
thank you for that piercing insight.

Unread 07-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
They're just more fun
And if there's one word we all immediately associate with Dunk, it would definitely be 'fun'.....

Unread 07-05-2015, 12:15 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
And if there's one word we all immediately associate with Dunk, it would definitely be 'fun'.....
Those that know me..
Closed Thread