United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:48 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
They laughed when i said we’d finish 5/6th at best.

Bellingham scores in the 86th minute to win it for Madrid.

so good to see the brothers flourishing abroad
Didn't you say the same last season

Unread 26-08-2023, 08:24 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Didn't you say the same last season
nope we quite optimistic until i saw he signed Anthony and realised he is no better than ole as manager

This season i did say we are in big trouble. And ETH isn’t the man to get us out of it as he is compounding the problems with his signings.

Unread 26-08-2023, 08:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s going to be a long £#%&!ing season. It’s feeling a certain degree of toxic already

The manager has a hell of a job on his hands.
Yeah there just seems a bad feeling right now. The greenwood situation was handled so terribly after an initial degree of sympathy with the club. Arnold and co have gone from getting praise for swiftly concluding deals to calls to resign because of Greenwood.

A couple of dodgy performances, all too familiar transfer window purse tightening and dawdling and ….. of course …. Absolute radio silence on the sale of the club.

That needs resolving asap or this job is going to end up swallowing up yet another manager.

Unread 26-08-2023, 08:52 AM
believe

Quote:
nope we quite optimistic until i saw he signed Anthony and realised he is no better than ole as manager

This season i did say we are in big trouble. And ETH isn’t the man to get us out of it as he is compounding the problems with his signings.
Freudian?

Unread 26-08-2023, 08:53 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah there just seems a bad feeling right now. The greenwood situation was handled so terribly after an initial degree of sympathy with the club. Arnold and co have gone from getting praise for swiftly concluding deals to calls to resign because of Greenwood.

A couple of dodgy performances, all too familiar transfer window purse tightening and dawdling and ….. of course …. Absolute radio silence on the sale of the club.

That needs resolving asap or this job is going to end up swallowing up yet another manager.
feels slightly generous to paint ETH as purely a victim of circumstance.

he no doubt played a massive part in the original decision to reintegrate greenwood. not commenting on the moral aspect of that, but it was incredibly naive not to predict what the reaction would be.

transfer wise, of course we could and should be spending more. but for me, ETH has made a couple of missteps with the money he has been given.

poor performances so far, obviously he has accountability for that.

takeover noise is the only factor truly beyond his influence

Unread 26-08-2023, 09:07 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
feels slightly generous to paint ETH as purely a victim of circumstance.

he no doubt played a massive part in the original decision to reintegrate greenwood. not commenting on the moral aspect of that, but it was incredibly naive not to predict what the reaction would be.

transfer wise, of course we could and should be spending more. but for me, ETH has made a couple of missteps with the money he has been given.

poor performances so far, obviously he has accountability for that.

takeover noise is the only factor truly beyond his influence
The only real thing looking like a mistake is not signing a CM with that mount money before signing mount. It’s incredibly naive to work off a budget and then go after players who aren’t the priority .

Maybe he was told certain deals were done? It’s hard to say, with signings a lot happen with the recruitment team who are pretty terrible.

Last season the Cm Eriksen was signed on a free. Casemiro was third choice I think? They bid for Rabiot and some other £#%&!er before they went and got Casemiro. Hopefully Casemiro is just not match fit because if he carries on how he has started even that signing looks short sighted. I’m sure the big dog will be back and firing soon.

Onana looks a decent signing, Martinez has been brilliant . Malacia has been a decent cover when he has played. Largely the “ETH” targets have been great.

Unread 26-08-2023, 10:41 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s going to be a long £#%&!ing season. It’s feeling a certain degree of toxic already

The manager has a hell of a job on his hands.
Yup

I think it was you that pointed out this is a typical ‘qualified for the CL’ type summer and that’s exactly what it is (so far). We’ve spent money but looking at the squad we seem weaker, it’s ridiculous.

Owners have dealt the gaffer a shit hand, no surprises there.

Unread 26-08-2023, 11:03 AM
Offerington

Quote:
They laughed when i said we’d finish 5/6th at best.

Bellingham scores in the 86th minute to win it for Madrid.

so good to see the brothers flourishing abroad
We are two games in you absolute belm

Unread 26-08-2023, 11:16 AM
est.1878

Friday night football thread or another slagging off ETH thread

Just drove past him near Carrington and he looked mildly seething. Could be related
Closed Thread