United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Tbh shaw was a £#%&!ing idiot running across the pitch leaving his man when lindelof was closer to the guy
Nah mate, Dunk ran it through the Pumpkin-A-Tron and apparently they still would have scored anyway if Shaw hadn’t ran over like an excited puppy

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Nah mate, Dunk ran it through the Pumpkin-A-Tron and apparently they still would have scored anyway if Shaw hadn’t ran over like an excited puppy
Ah ffs that’s properly tickled me

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I think I, and a fair few others, owe big saffers an apology. I’ll hope my hands up, as marlo says, and admit it... I was wrong.
No apology needed. We are all reds.

You are apologising for what? Hoping a red legend makes it as a manager with us?

Lets just hope we move on quickly from him and get back to winning ways asap. 2013 a long time ago now....

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:02 PM
Sparky***

Just out of interest, exactly how much of a managerial genius do you have to be to stop teams walking straight down the other end of the pitch and scoring every game direct from your corners?

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Where's this high line defending thing come from ? In the 30 years I've watched us I've never seen it before ?

Are the coaching staff just trying new things ? Is it a laugh ? We've NEVER done it before that I can remember and tried it over and over today....

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Mou vibes from Ole in the interview…

Pretty much throwing Shaw under the bus for their goal

Interesting.
what was he going to say? "I picked fred again. he kept passing to the opposition and was £#%&!ing useless on the goal."?

shaw wasn't at fault. when he started going across to cover, lindelof was nowhere. that goal is on fred and ole.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Where's this high line defending thing come from ? In the 30 years I've watched us I've never seen it before ?

Are the coaching staff just trying new things ? Is it a laugh ? We've NEVER done it before that I can remember and tried it over and over today....
I could be making this up but for some reason I’m convinced he said something about the Varane signing giving us the luxury to play further up the pitch and deploy a higher line

Could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what was he going to say? "I picked fred again. he kept passing to the opposition and was £#%&!ing useless on the goal."?

shaw wasn't at fault. when he started going across to cover, lindelof was nowhere. that goal is on fred and ole.
Fred was the main culprit

But let’s not pretend that Shaw completely abandoning the left side when there wasn’t really a need to wasn’t a problem too

Also The Scottish Players walking back and not covering was a massive balls up.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
100%

Said it when it happened

He’s £#%&!ing thick and has reverted to the shit fat blob we saw before last season.

Unread 02-10-2021, 04:35 PM
Ethers

Fred was at fault obviously, but losing the ball in the opposition half should not mean an automatic goal

Shaw was just as if not more culpable imo. Lindelof was clearly catching up with him, but even if he wasn’t, in that situation you don’t commit yourself and try to win the ball. You hand back, and position yourself where you can make it harder for the player with the ball but also give yourself a chance to influence the other player if he switches it. They might still score, but at least you make them earn it.

What Shaw did was pathetic and impulsive, really amateur stuff

Unread 02-10-2021, 04:57 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Fred was at fault obviously, but losing the ball in the opposition half should not mean an automatic goal

Shaw was just as if not more culpable imo. Lindelof was clearly catching up with him, but even if he wasn’t, in that situation you don’t commit yourself and try to win the ball. You hand back, and position yourself where you can make it harder for the player with the ball but also give yourself a chance to influence the other player if he switches it. They might still score, but at least you make them earn it.

What Shaw did was pathetic and impulsive, really amateur stuff
shaw tried to cover the immediate threat - a player with a free run on goal. it's £#%&!ing stupid to blame him when there originally three players on gray and others should have been busting a gut to get back.

it's also pointless. midfield is the problem. every. £#%&!ing. game.

Unread 02-10-2021, 05:05 PM
red in cumbria

Fred is actually getting worse, that's the thing.

Unread 02-10-2021, 05:23 PM
d_knight

Sick and tired of not being able to watch match of the day.

Unread 02-10-2021, 05:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Sick and tired of not being able to watch match of the day.
You're not missing that much even when we win tbf.

Unread 02-10-2021, 05:30 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You're not missing that much even when we win tbf.
It's trying to avoid watching it or trying to change the channels and having rangers and/or celtic fans taking the piss when it's on that does my head in

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:03 PM
magic_cantona

It was identical to the Newcastle goal - runners after we've lost the ball, and our lads think "he won't score, I'll leave him alone".

Shit teams having the run of the place. Andros Townsend thinking he's the bargain basement Zidane (£#%&!ing state of him) and Everton, along with Villa, now have memories to tell the grandkids. I still can't see any logic in Ronnie being "rested" right before an international break

Awful game.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It was identical to the Newcastle goal - runners after we've lost the ball, and our lads think "he won't score, I'll leave him alone".

Shit teams having the run of the place. Andros Townsend thinking he's the bargain basement Zidane (f***ing state of him) and Everton, along with Villa, now have memories to tell the grandkids. I still can't see any logic in Ronnie being "rested" right before an international break

Awful game.
I think cavani was doing ok. I would have kept him on, he isn’t a bad alternative to Ronaldo who will need managing, I think we have a midweek champions league game.

We were getting on top of the game before Fred #@&%!ed up. That just invites more pressure on us and the team isn’t any great at unlocking defences.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think cavani was doing ok. I would have kept him on, he isn’t a bad alternative to Ronaldo who will need managing, I think we have a midweek champions league game.

We were getting on top of the game before Fred #@&%!ed up. That just invites more pressure on us and the team isn’t any great at unlocking defences.

Yeah, its not like they scored with the last kick of the game though. We had ample time to sort it out. Fred was a huge part of the goal being scored by them. He actually lost it twice in the build up Crazy how Olé never mentions his name anywhere but he's name dropped Shaw. Cracks showing now imo.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:18 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I don't rate Fred lads.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yeah, its not like they scored with the last kick of the game though. We had ample time to sort it out. Fred was a huge part of the goal being scored by them. He actually lost it twice in the build up Crazy how Olé never mentions his name anywhere but he's name dropped Shaw. Cracks showing now imo.
I’ve tried to give him as much time as possible but he can no longer start Fred. The Scottish Player was piss poor too, just wasn’t directly involved in the goal #@&%! up. Our central midfield is so bad he has to put three of matic Bruno and another CM in the middle of the park.

The way he plays the full backs have a lot of the ball and ours are just too bad to do anything with it. Even shaw this season have been average at best. He doesn’t push them out wide enough, they’re really narrow .

Either way, I think we are £#%&!ed, he won’t be sacked unless he gets kicked out the champions league otherwise it’s end of the season at best. The other issue is who out there is an attacking manager that doesn’t require a press ( don’t think we can achieve it when Ronaldo starts)

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:25 PM
andyroo

Not sure Luke Shaw could get much wider