United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 71 71.00%
No 14 14.00%
Not arsed 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25-12-2023, 12:12 AM
red in cumbria

Even if not the beginning of the end for the Glazers, its maybe the end of the beginning.

Unread 25-12-2023, 12:16 AM
Ethers

It’s definitely not the end of the beginning

Unread 25-12-2023, 12:18 AM
armchair

more sherry, matron!

Unread 25-12-2023, 12:39 AM
Denis Irwell

Should at least arrest the slide into what we currently are. Not really optimistic about any further investment from Jim. He won’t oust the @#%&!s but if he really takes control of the football side and we get some respectability back, funds will increase and they will be dipping in for their dividends again. Don’t see us reaching what should’ve been our potential but should be able to beat Bournemouth.

Unread 25-12-2023, 01:59 AM
Lok

There's been plenty of money available, that's never been the problem. It's how it has been spent.

It's hard to see how it can be worse with Jim. If he's able to orgeat things better we might set improvements but it will take time and there's no obvious reason to believe it will improve.

My biggest gripe is that he's given them @#%&!s a lifeline. Without his help they were toast. Now their position is cemented for some time.

Unread 25-12-2023, 02:59 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
There's been plenty of money available, that's never been the problem. It's how it has been spent.

It's hard to see how it can be worse with Jim. If he's able to orgeat things better we might set improvements but it will take time and there's no obvious reason to believe it will improve.

My biggest gripe is that he's given them @#%&!s a lifeline. Without his help they were toast. Now their position is cemented for some time.
It's as likely that if Jim/Qatar hadn't provided them with an offer they would accept that in their desparation they would have sold at a worse rate (to the club) to some capital fund which would have confirmed the slow death of the club. There is a chance that under SJR we will begin our journey back to the top table and away from the Glazers.

Unread 25-12-2023, 10:33 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Even if not the beginning of the end for the Glazers, its maybe the end of the beginning.
Oh dear. That is one meaty mis-kick.

I’ve not seen a more unfortunate attempt to sound clever since Jem’s last 200 posts.

Unread 25-12-2023, 11:07 AM
The taste of...

If he sits down next to Rachel £#%&!ing Riley in the stands he can get £#%&!ed

Unread 25-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
If he sits down next to Rachel £#%&!ing Riley in the stands he can get £#%&!ed
I would imagine he has had the same thought

Unread 25-12-2023, 11:51 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I would imagine he has had the same thought

Unread 25-12-2023, 05:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
I’ve not seen a more unfortunate attempt to sound clever since Jem’s last 200 posts.

Unread 26-12-2023, 02:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 26-12-2023, 02:26 PM
larry

his messages for chelsea fans, a club he never invested in, were much more positive. i guess the 25% %@#$&!s is stopping them from having any motivation or power to actually improve us in the ways they perhaps would like.

Quote:
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Chairman of INEOS, has made a formal bid for Chelsea FC, for £4.25bn. “£2.5bn is committed to the Charitable Trust to support victims of the war, with £1.75bn committed to investment directly into the club over the next 10 years.

“This is a British bid, for a British club. We believe that a club is bigger than its owners who are temporary custodians of a great tradition. With responsibility to the fans and the community.

“That is why we are committing to spending £1.75bn over 10 years that will be for the direct benefit of the club. We will invest in Stamford Bridge to make it a world-class stadium, befitting of Chelsea FC.

“This will be organic and on-going so that we will not move away from the home of Chelsea and risk losing the support of loyal fans. We will continue to invest in the team to ensure we have a first-class squad of the world’s greatest players, coaches and support staff, in the men’s and women’s games.

“And we hope to continue to invest in the academy to provide opportunity for talented youngsters to develop into first-class players. We believe that London should have a club that reflects the stature of the city. One that is held in the same regard as Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich. We intend Chelsea to be that club.

“We are making this investment as fans of the beautiful game — not as a means to turn a profit. We do that with our core businesses. The club is rooted in its community and its fans.

And it is our intention to invest in Chelsea FC for that reason. No further comment will be made from Sir Jim or INEOS during the bidding process.”

Unread 26-12-2023, 02:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
his messages for chelsea fans, a club he never invested in, were much more positive. i guess the 25% %@#$&!s is stopping them from having any motivation or power to actually improve us in the ways they perhaps would like.
Sneakily puts in “no guarantees of success”

Of course that is true but as new prospects owners don’t say anything like that. Of course there’s no guarantee but still with the usual %@#$&!s of “ we will do what we can to get to the very top “ etc etc

God I hope he actually has control , and proper control not some half arsed control where he will deal with the public whilst the glazers still call the shots behind the scenes , take money out, inflate contracts etc.

It could work and we come back to our very best or it will be a car crash and just adds another person to the shit table only this guy has no real power .

Time will tell but he has to be given a chance I suppose.

Unread 26-12-2023, 02:33 PM
larry

yes the difference in tone is alarming
has he been cursed by the united mentality on day one? no guarantees ffs.
i think big jim's already admitting defeat here
also he was wiling to donate 2.5 billion to ukraine but couldn't find the 6 or 7 to buy us outright, great

Unread 26-12-2023, 03:21 PM
Ethers

Imagine wetting your knickers over “ There are no guarantees in sport”

You Qatar lads are very salty.

Unread 26-12-2023, 03:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
yes the difference in tone is alarming
has he been cursed by the united mentality on day one? no guarantees ffs.
i think big jim's already admitting defeat here
also he was wiling to donate 2.5 billion to ukraine but couldn't find the 6 or 7 to buy us outright, great
If he gets the right people in , it might work.

There are a lot of ifs and buts. We will see how the summer transfer window will go both Incoming and outgoing . There are a lot of factors that don’t add up, names in board room, what happens when a business issue and sporting issue collide between the glazers and Ratcliffe etc.

But he needs to be given the chance, no need to write him off. He has a bit of weird snide in him and it’s probably something we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Imagine being a fully functioning adult on a forum and creating these black and white “sides” if you’re not X you are Y.

Unread 26-12-2023, 03:32 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

not a qatar lad (source: https://www.utdforum.com/forum/poll....ts&pollid=2414)
but i am anti-glazer including enablers

Unread 26-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Ethers

I’ve never claimed to be fully functioning adult

Unread 26-12-2023, 03:33 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Imagine being a fully functioning adult
your first mistake