United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Do you want Ole to continue as Manager of Manchester United Football Club?
Yes 70 69.31%
No 31 30.69%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:40 PM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yes.

He’s got a real job on his hands getting rid of players who are on massive wages, before creating a team of willing but limited players who can make top 4.

That’s where we’re at. Not his fault. Only other option is to get someone like Ancelotti in for a few years. But to what end?
This is where I'm at.

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
How is that a job on his hands? Is he handling the transfers?
Kinda my point. He’s not just hamstrung in the transfers in dept.

How do you make Lingard’s life hard enough to ask for a transfer, while not upsetting the mood of the squad? It’s not his style, for one. It was Mou’s but look how that ended.

It’s £#%&!ed either way. Who cares?

utd99

I voted Yes, but only because I no longer care.

tatty

We’re adding more average and old players on big money making the job even harder.

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Coracao

He is nowhere near good enough to manage us through this. We are absolutely clueless from back to front. You can blame transfers etc but we shouldn't be looking like conceding 5 or 6 goals in each of our league games.

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:42 PM
MagnificentSeven

he's shown he can get some brilliance out of this team. it's whether the team can be arsed or not that matters.

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:49 PM
utd99

The problem he has is that issues he thinks he fixed are now becoming our newest issues. I’ve defended McGuire, but honestly he’s awful, as is AWB. James doesn’t deserve a look in; and Pogba, who he championed, is proving everyone other than Ole right.

How do you move forward when you have to now go back and correct the bad decisions you’ve made for yourself? We’re far enough into it now that blaming Van Gaal and Mourinho is starting to sound less like reasons and more like excuses. The only one who could rid him of the ‘out of his depth’ tag was himself. He hasn’t.

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:52 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The problem he has is that issues he thinks he fixed are now becoming our newest issues. I’ve defended McGuire, but honestly he’s awful, as is AWB. James doesn’t deserve a look in; and Pogba, who he championed, is proving everyone other than Ole right.

How do you move forward when you have to now go back and correct the bad decisions you’ve made for yourself? We’re far enough into it now that blaming Van Gaal and Mourinho is starting to sound less like reasons and more like excuses. The only one who could rid him of the ‘out of his depth’ tag was himself. He hasn’t.
Post.

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:53 PM
barca99

Its 3 games in, the season can still be saved. This will send shit into overdrive but it is just 3 games.

However the club comes first, rightly or wrongly if he has lost the dressing room then he has to go. Not sure Ole has it in him to turn it around.

Id have him gone in a heartbeat if his replacement was Poch.

Ethers

Quote:

Fair points.

Felt like we’d turned a corner with the defence at times last year, but it’s now as bad as I’ve ever seen. How do you turn that around?

Swapping the keeper is one option I think

windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Its 3 games in, the season can still be saved. This will send shit into overdrive but it is just 3 games.

However the club comes first, rightly or wrongly if he has lost the dressing room then he has to go. Not sure Ole has it in him to turn it around.

It will be. I think it's why he is still out of a job...

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Poch, who has won precisely nothing in his entire management career

Unread 04-10-2020, 06:58 PM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not true. He won a losers medal after rolling over in the Champions League final

Unread 04-10-2020, 07:00 PM
Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What has Ole won exactly?

Unread 04-10-2020, 07:01 PM
silv

That interview didn’t exactly inspire confidence

Unread 04-10-2020, 07:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
What has Ole won exactly?
Google it.

Unread 04-10-2020, 07:04 PM
JamesPolk

Ole has won:
Norway League twice, if my memory serves me right.
WIth that said Norway league is probably still worse than Scottish football at it worst.

Unread 04-10-2020, 07:21 PM
utd99

The truth is none of us knew if it was going to work out or not, but we were hopeful and knew he needed time. Mourinho won a couple of pots and finished second in his first year; he got tinned because the trajectory was awful after that and he didntbget the players he wanted. Ole ended up doing ok last year, but worse that Mourinho’s first year, and now our trajectory looks grim again. We could seriously end up 8th this year. Not good for him at all.

Unread 04-10-2020, 07:36 PM
redhegemony

These are all international players - they played like sunday pub players in part - Ole's problem is the squad is so thin and average there's no pressure - he only has Williams to press Shaw/AWB and the idea that Bailly solves a problem was laid bare tonight - Lindelof could not possibly have been as bad.

Maguire and Pogba supposedly top players were utter dog shit.

We have 4 great attackers who are being let down by what's behind them - we need two top class defensive midfielders and 3 new defenders.

On the plus side - this is rock bottom - would have been better if we had more transfer time though.

Unread 04-10-2020, 07:42 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
The truth is none of us knew if it was going to work out or not, but we were hopeful and knew he needed time. Mourinho won a couple of pots and finished second in his first year
6th
Closed Thread