United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2021, 12:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Amad isn't nailing down that right side mate. Nowt to so with his ability but surely we need to be looking at a proper right sided attacker ffs.
Don’t you actually need to look at a player before determining that these days?

I don’t understand Ole sometimes. He uses the phrase ‘find a way to win’ like it’s a universal positive, it’s not. At this point they should have a way to win more often than not against these lower teams, not improvising one goal wins from behind every time. Our play is still too slow, too timid and too reactionary. These are problems that should have been improved on by now.

The only thing that makes AWB a fifty million pound footballer is that we were stupid enough to pay 50 million pounds for him. How many times is this dipstick going to turn around and play the ball backwards when he’s got 40 yards of open grass in front of him, or have no idea where the danger is coming from, and how to deal with it, when the ball’s advancing down the opposite flank? Tackling, check...everything else a right back has to do?...League one level.

Unread 05-04-2021, 01:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Amad isn't nailing down that right side mate. Nowt to so with his ability but surely we need to be looking at a proper right sided attacker ffs.
I completely agree but I’m trying to be realistic about the signings we make in the summer. If I’m being honest, if we are going to prioritise one position this summer then I think I’d rather it be a defensive mid. I think we have some good young players coming through in attack but we are still so short in that area of the pitch, and it shows in some games.

In an ideal world we start looking to recruit in all the positions where depth is an issue.

Unread 05-04-2021, 01:27 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Don’t you actually need to look at a player before determining that these days?

I don’t understand Ole sometimes. He uses the phrase ‘find a way to win’ like it’s a universal positive, it’s not. At this point they should have a way to win more often than not against these lower teams, not improvising one goal wins from behind every time. Our play is still too slow, too timid and too reactionary. These are problems that should have been improved on by now.

The only thing that makes AWB a fifty million pound footballer is that we were stupid enough to pay 50 million pounds for him. How many times is this dipstick going to turn around and play the ball backwards when he’s got 40 yards of open grass in front of him, or have no idea where the danger is coming from, and how to deal with it, when the ball’s advancing down the opposite flank? Tackling, check...everything else a right back has to do?...League one level.

Totally agree about AWB, it’s £#%&!ing nuts that he’s at his most vulnerable when the balls on the other wing. The amount of times an attacker on the left wing just hangs back then completely pulls his pants down when the cross comes over is criminal. How this hasn’t been coached into him at this point is daft.

Unread 05-04-2021, 01:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Totally agree about AWB, it’s £#%&!ing nuts that he’s at his most vulnerable when the balls on the other wing. The amount of times an attacker on the left wing just hangs back then completely pulls his pants down when the cross comes over is criminal. How this hasn’t been coached into him at this point is daft.
It’s been happening all season too. Look, none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, what’s being said, but when something happens over and over it’s fairly safe to assume either it’s not being addressed or the player is too thick to get it. Either way....

Unread 05-04-2021, 02:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
I think it's symptomatic of us as a team. We're a very reactive team. We tend to get caught on our heels a lot. We never force the issue really or play in a proactive way. We lose a hell of a lot of physical battles on the pitch too, I can think of maybe Shaw and Maguire most of the time who win their 1v1 battles.

It comes back to the point i made earlier that we don't get near the other team when they have the ball, we make token efforts to close them down and then just sort of give up.

Unread 05-04-2021, 02:50 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think it's symptomatic of us as a team. We're a very reactive team. We tend to get caught on our heels a lot. We never force the issue really or play in a proactive way. We lose a hell of a lot of physical battles on the pitch too, I can think of maybe Shaw and Maguire most of the time who win their 1v1 battles.

It comes back to the point i made earlier that we don't get near the other team when they have the ball, we make token efforts to close them down and then just sort of give up.

The Scottish Player wins lots of challenges and Fred gets stuck in. Shaw has become very good at nicking the ball.

Unread 05-04-2021, 07:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Right. Too many of our team have zero confidence and the wrong attitude. Their body language is awful. AWB makes so many little micro movements that show all he wants to do is go backwards. It’s so frustrating.

It’s almost like the objective is how to hide in plain sight than how they can affect the game in a positive way. You don’t win leagues with that attitude.

Unread 11-04-2021, 08:18 PM
20LEgend1999

Back in Manchester on Friday, travelling to London on Saturday, preparation on Sunday.

Unread 11-04-2021, 10:26 PM
Vida_15

smart move by Ole to fly back friday and give them a day off saturday....just that little bit of extra sleep and rest certainly makes a difference

Unread 12-04-2021, 08:33 AM
redhegemony

Excellent tactics - kept Kane and Son pretty quite by pressing them - Lindelof and Maguire very solid.

The use of Pogba to keep the ball down the left towards the end was a good move.

Unread 12-04-2021, 08:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Excellent tactics - kept Kane and Son pretty quite by pressing them - Lindelof and Maguire very solid.

The use of Pogba to keep the ball down the left towards the end was a good move.
One criticism I've had of Ole has been our inability to see out games, sometimes conceding late. Yesterday showed that he has learned and I thought we managed the last 10 or so perfectly, even adding an additional goal or fun.

Unread 12-04-2021, 08:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
One criticism I've had of Ole has been our inability to see out games, sometimes conceding late. Yesterday showed that he has learned and I thought we managed the last 10 or so perfectly, even adding an additional goal or fun.
So glad he didn’t bring on a defender to go 5 at the back. He brought matic on but only after stoppage time to bulk the central midfield which was fine.

Unread 12-04-2021, 10:00 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
been pretty much spot on that after everton or milan . any late free kicks defending further up , not dropping into own box , still riles me that everton equaliser .

Unread 12-04-2021, 10:12 AM
armchair

He really has Mou's number

Unread 12-04-2021, 10:28 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
been pretty much spot on that after everton or milan . any late free kicks defending further up , not dropping into own box , still riles me that everton equaliser .
#metoo. but you could see that Ole was as pissed off as anyone about it, and immediately did something about it.

I love the way he is a ruthless £#%&!er behind the grinning PE teacher facade.

That incident on the touchline first half yesterday, he was having a pop at one of their players who had to go off temporarily after being snipered . The conversation was not about the weather.

Unread 12-04-2021, 10:37 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
#metoo. but you could see that Ole was as pissed off as anyone about it, and immediately did something about it.

I love the way he is a ruthless £#%&!er behind the grinning PE teacher facade.

That incident on the touchline first half yesterday, he was having a pop at one of their players who had to go off temporarily after being snipered . The conversation was not about the weather.
Hojbjerg after throwing himself to the floor a couple of seconds after a little bit of contact from Bruno. He went down so late it took about four replays and seeing him walk to the touchline to realise that he hadn't done his own knee in and was just another Spurs @#%&! trying to cheat the game.

wasn't having it.

Unread 12-04-2021, 11:11 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Hojbjerg after throwing himself to the floor a couple of seconds after a little bit of contact from Bruno. He went down so late it took about four replays and seeing him walk to the touchline to realise that he hadn't done his own knee in and was just another Spurs @#%&! trying to cheat the game.

wasn't having it.
That's the @#%&!.

Why aren't players asked about this post-match? They should be shown a repeat of the obvious play-acting and asked for their observations.

Weapons-grade shit@#%&!s.

Unread 12-04-2021, 11:16 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

wasn't having it.
Watching that Inter player start to go down when the ball boy threw the ball at him might have been my sliding doors moment. There’s nothing good on planet earth that humans won’t conspire to ruin.

Unread 12-04-2021, 12:22 PM
MagnificentSeven

and yet, there are still people who think that it's not working at all under ole

Unread 12-04-2021, 12:55 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
and yet, there are still people who think that it's not working at all under ole
This is the part where AK14 calls scarface out I believe.
Closed Thread