United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2022, 04:54 PM
dunk

Football Other football Saturday 23/04/2022

4 for Jesus and City 5-1 up. Talking on the BT goals show, matter of factly, about Jesus leaving City for Arsenal in the summer. Nailed on apparently,

Bruno Guimares proving again there were no affordable midfielders available anywhere in the World as he scores again and the hapless Geordies, dead and buried in December win again, 3-0 at Norwich.

Leicester 0-0 Villa

Spurs V Brentford at half 5.

Unread 23-04-2022, 04:56 PM
NedKelly

Who was saying City are struggling for goals the other day at halftime? they’ve scored 8 since then

Unread 23-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Fat Al

Oldham game gonna be called off - fans on the pitch protesting against the owner.

They're losing so if the result stands, they're out of the Football League.

Unread 23-04-2022, 04:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Oldham game gonna be called off - fans on the pitch protesting against the owner.

They're losing so if the result stands, they're out of the Football League.
They’re proper £#%&!ed. We think our owners are @#%&!s, the fella that’s got them is a disgrace.

Unread 23-04-2022, 05:09 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They’re proper £#%&!ed. We think our owners are @#%&!s, the fella that’s got them is a disgrace.
EFL fit & proper owner test is obviously working well.

I'm trying to think of other teams that have been £#%&!ed by owners.

Portsmouth
Blackpool
Newcastle
Macclesfield Town
Chesterfield
Leeds
Chelsea
Charlton
Wimbledon
Darlington
Blackburn Rovers
York City
Cardiff
Doncaster Rovers

That's my memory & a quick Google. And it's just teams in the EFL.
OK, some of them have recovered but the fact remains they were owned by morons, charlatans & outright £#%&!ing crooks. And they were allowed to own them & in some cases, put them out of business.

Unread 23-04-2022, 05:09 PM
Switching Off

Oldham down. First former PL club to go down to non league

Unread 23-04-2022, 05:10 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
I don't know anything about him tbh with you.

Unread 23-04-2022, 05:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
I don't know anything about him tbh with you.
I’ve heard him stories of Oldham and how they’re ran on various podcasts from players and managers that have been at the club. Their demise has been predicted for some time because of how they’re run. Getting rid of good people and locals that have been there for years. Not honouring contracts or paying players, bringing in shite foreign players then insisting that they are picked and marginalising/binning managers when they don’t comply. A couple of instances of the owner bringing in friends and family members for trials and them not even being Sunday league standard, training with the first team

That’s just on the football side. £#%&! knows what nonsense they’re up to on the financial side.

Seem to recall everybody saying we should be going for Dumfries after 1 or 2 games in the Euros. Wtf have our scouts been doing

Bayern on course to clinch the title in der Klassicker

Quote:
I’ve heard him stories of Oldham and how they’re ran on various podcasts from players and managers that have been at the club. Their demise has been predicted for some time because of how they’re run. Getting rid of good people and locals that have been there for years. Not honouring contracts or paying players, bringing in shite foreign players then insisting that they are picked and marginalising/binning managers when they don’t comply. A couple of instances of the owner bringing in friends and family members for trials and them not even being Sunday league standard, training with the first team

That’s just on the football side. £#%&! knows what nonsense they’re up to on the financial side.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/...dHwAqL4_JKBHVQ

Seem to recall everybody saying we should be going for Dumfries after 1 or 2 games in the Euros. Wtf have our scouts been doing

Bayern on course to clinch the title in der Klassiker

https://twitter.com/bundesliga_en/st...dHwAqL4_JKBHVQ
Edit: 2-0 in the dullest league in the World.

Unread 23-04-2022, 09:45 PM
Fat Al

Oldham deffo down now.

They played the last 14 mins behind closed doors after the eventually got the protestors away.
Lost 2-1 so they drop out of the League.

Unread 24-04-2022, 01:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

PSG fans didn’t hanging around after securing the league title with a draw against Lens so no lap of honour
Guess it’s true money can’t buy you love
What a pointless football club

Quote:
Paris Saint-Germain secured a record-equalling 10th Ligue 1 title after stuttering to a 1-1 draw against 10-man RC Lens but the celebrations were rather muted as frustrated fans headed for the Parc des Princes exit immediately after Saturday’s final whistle.

Lionel Messi gave PSG the lead midway through the second half before Corentin Jean scored a late equaliser for the visitors, who saw Kevin Danso sent off early in the second half.

PSG have 78 points with four games left and lead second-placed Marseille, who play their game in hand at Reims on Sunday, by 16 points. PSG equalled the record set by Saint-Étienne, who won 10 top-flight titles between 1957 and 1981.

Sealing the Ligue 1 title, however, was not a cause for celebration for some ultra fans who left the Parc des Princes 15 minutes before the final whistle as they were still frustrated by the team’s early exit from the Champions League. PSG were knocked out in the last 16 after squandering a 2-0 aggregate lead in 15 minutes against Real Madrid.

The stadium was empty 10 minutes after the game ended and the players skipped the traditional lap of honour. Fans from the Boulogne and Auteuil stands did not show their support once again despite the team having won their previous four games, scoring 16 goals during that run.

PSG were under pressure early on but came to life after 20 minutes when an exchange between Messi, Kylian Mbappé and Neymar almost bore fruit as the Brazilian’s low shot from inside the box went just wide.

Achraf Hakimi was denied by Jean-Louis Leca and Mbappé missed two clear chances as the hosts upped the pace, but Lens also threatened through Seko Fofana and Jonathan Clauss. PSG were booed by the crowd at halftime.

Danso picked up a second yellow card for a rough tackle on Neymar in the 57th minute. From the resulting free-kick, Leca had to fully stretch to parry away Messi’s attempt.

The Argentina forward curled a perfect 25-metre shot into the top corner in the 68th minute after being set up by Neymar. Part of the crowd chanted Messi’s name but ultras from the Auteuil stands left the stadium seven minutes later.

“It’s something I don’t understand. In football, you win, you lose. We try with all our heart,” said Marco Verratti, the only player to have won eight top-flight French titles.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...inter-roma-psg

Unread 24-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Who was saying City are struggling for goals the other day at halftime? they’ve scored 8 since then
Me 🤦🏼‍♂️

Starting rattling them in again the second I posted it 😂

Unread 24-04-2022, 02:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Me 🤦🏼‍♂️

Always the way.

See also - Heathers saying we’re playing well. We always concede about 5 mins later.

Unread 24-04-2022, 02:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Me 🤦🏼‍♂️

Quick mention something about the scousers being unstoppable at scoring goals
Closed Thread