United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-03-2024, 01:07 AM
Stickman

Default Who else has forgiven Carlos Tevez?

Not so fast 1878’ers!

Unread 16-03-2024, 01:42 AM
guerreiro

Never give him a second thought. Pure mercenary even whilst playing for us.

Unread 16-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Medlock

Kettleneck

Unread 16-03-2024, 08:58 AM
Stickman

I kind of resented how much he improved playing for them tbh.

Unread 16-03-2024, 09:02 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
I kind of resented how much he improved playing for them tbh.
Yep. He was much better there. His second season at Utd wasn't too impressive.

Unread 16-03-2024, 09:07 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Never give him a second thought. Pure mercenary even whilst playing for us.
This

Unread 16-03-2024, 09:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Nah. £#%&! him. Only ever a loan signing. Overrated, ugly busy little gimp who didn’t seem to know what day it was.

One of my least favourite ‘best players’ we’ve ever had.

#teamberba

Unread 16-03-2024, 11:58 AM
Stickman

Always remember a post on here or RI when he left…

“never liked him anyway, scurrying little @#%&!”

Unread 16-03-2024, 12:17 PM
NedKelly

I know a West Ham fan who’s convinced he wanted to stay there

Unread 16-03-2024, 12:18 PM
Whip Hubley

RIP fergie?

@#%&!.

Unread 16-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Forgive? We completely £#%&!ed him over and massively damaged ourselves in the process. We replaced him with Michael Owen ffs

He did an interview while at city where he said he'd never been happier than he was at United and that Ferguson was the best manager he'd ever had. The question isn't whether we forgive him, it's whether he forgives us. Thankfully the answer seems to be yes.

Unread 16-03-2024, 03:05 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
RIP fergie?

@#%&!.
Bit precious imv

Just "not in my lifetime" bantzz response.

Doubt he got it tbf

Unread 16-03-2024, 03:48 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Bit precious imv

Just "not in my lifetime" bantzz response.

Doubt he got it tbf
I was referring to stickers tbf

But nah in all seriousness I can't stand him. The very definition of a mercenary. I don't really believe the stories that he got 'forced out', I think we probably just refused to pay a ridiculous fee to him/ his agent/ whoever. It was no great loss for me when he left. Even more so given the fact I got called out to his gaff on a Sunday because he'd overridden the temperature controls on his swimming pools, burst the seals and flooded his driveway.

You'll quickly find most ex United players I hate is for personal reasons.

Unread 16-03-2024, 03:54 PM
est.1878

Fergie had prob stopped doing his proper due diligence homework on player background status at this point

No doubt a mercenary and no doubt around @#%&!s / agents / dodgy ownership. Wouldn't have gone for it early 90s....

Whats at the heart of a mercenary anyway? Amd feels like a player just has to not go directly to a rival club, but it's okay if down the line?

Carlos Tevez: "A lot of people criticised me because I went to China. But in reality, they don't know my story. Listen, I'll tell you something. When I went to Corinthians, it was a before and an after moment in my career.

With this transfer, I earned a lot of money. But, you know what I did? I told my agent that I did not want this money, I just wanted to buy 15 houses and get my family out of Fuerte Apache.

Nobody knows this, but I'm trying to support 15 families including my brothers, uncles, etc. And if you start counting, that's like 60 people.

Everything I did was because I want the new generation of Tévez's to be better, to have a good education and not to go through what I went through."

Unread 16-03-2024, 04:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I was referring to stickers tbf

But nah in all seriousness I can't stand him. The very definition of a mercenary. I don't really believe the stories that he got 'forced out', I think we probably just refused to pay a ridiculous fee to him/ his agent/ whoever. It was no great loss for me when he left. Even more so given the fact I got called out to his gaff on a Sunday because he'd overridden the temperature controls on his swimming pools, burst the seals and flooded his driveway.

You'll quickly find most ex United players I hate is for personal reasons.
We agreed a price of £25m when we signed him, we tried to renegotiate it because we were skint and were benching him for Berbatov. We knew Ronaldo was off at the end of the season, it was negligence to lose both of them in the same summer. To replace them with Owen and Valencia was criminal

Unread 16-03-2024, 04:05 PM
Zorg

‘Who else has forgiven Adolf Hitler?’

Unread 16-03-2024, 09:02 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Forgive? We completely £#%&!ed him over and massively damaged ourselves in the process. We replaced him with Michael Owen ffs

He did an interview while at city where he said he'd never been happier than he was at United and that Ferguson was the best manager he'd ever had. The question isn't whether we forgive him, it's whether he forgives us. Thankfully the answer seems to be yes.
This.

Should have sorted his contract out in the summer of 2008, and he'd done more than enough to deserve it.

No surprise his form tailed off the following season when it was clear that the club were £#%&!ing him around.

Top, top player. Tucked his penalty away in Moscow, too, so he's alright by me.

Unread 16-03-2024, 09:18 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
‘Who else has forgiven Adolf Hitler?’

Trains in good order
Decent motorways
Loved dogs (not like that)
Any more?

Unread 16-03-2024, 09:25 PM
Lok

Not sure he was a mercenary, more of a puppet.

Pretty sure the club couldn't agree a deal with that Kia bloke because he wanted a load of money off the books, like city were gong to do.

Unread 16-03-2024, 09:31 PM
Rorschach

Don't really have much beef with Tevez.

I dislike this plethora of threads more, tbh.