Unread 06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
marlo

Default big 'mother£#%&!in' andy

what a man. what a player.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:47 AM
marlo

Quote:
Anderson
Started at a frenetic pace and his energy contributed to United's early blitz on the Arsenal goal. Won his duel with Fabregas again. 7

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

If he was 7 everyone else on the United side was 9.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Rhodzy

He really does have the beating of Fabregas, gotta love the guy you can tell he loves it here.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Played well again, gives us drive in midfield. Park was also superb.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:51 AM
magic_cantona

Total class.

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Total class.
oh ye of little faith.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...73&postcount=1

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Time For Heroes

thought this was gonna be a thread about Townsend!

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Withers

Played very well.

Overshone a little by Park and Fletcher but given his age he is starting to look the part.

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Billy Baroo

park was brilliant wasn't he, marlo?

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
park was brilliant wasn't he, marlo?
Didn't do bad Park did he? Considering he is absolutely useless...

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:11 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Any chance you could link me to the post where I said "He's always been brilliant and I, or anyone else for that matter, has no reason to doubt that he'll turn into a world class player" ? No? #@&%!.

Anderson has still got a long way to go to being anywhere near a player of massive importance like Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio, Vidic, Carrick, Evra etc, so don't get too giddy.

And Park was MOTM wasn't he?

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Any chance you could link me to the post where I said "He's always been brilliant and I, or anyone else for that matter, has no reason to doubt that he'll turn into a world class player" ? No? #@&%!.

Anderson has still got a long way to go to being anywhere near a player of massive importance like Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio, Vidic, Carrick, Evra etc, so don't get too giddy.

And Park was MOTM wasn't he?
Anderson was 8th or 9th best United player last night. Having said that, even that is some achievement given the performance they all put in.

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

To be fair to marlo asians are not as cool as black guys in dreads and that's really what's important at the end of the day.
I guess you have to ask yourself, could you take Park seriously if he was in a hip hop video drapped in gold and shouting about his bling and/or bitches? Exactly.

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anderson was 8th or 9th best United player last night. Having said that, even that is some achievement given the performance they all put in.
The thing is, regardless of who was better last night, Anderson is now showing maturity to his game which didn't seem to be there a while back.Forgivable, given his age/experience etc.

Fabregas didn't get a sniff, again and the hype surrounding him baffles me seeing as Ando doesn't even seem to get a mention.He's done it to Fabregas a few times now, Gerrard at Anfield too.Anyway, it's trophies that count, not a fawning media eh?

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
The thing is, regardless of who was better last night, Anderson is now showing maturity to his game which didn't seem to be there a while back.Forgivable, given his age/experience etc.

Fabregas didn't get a sniff, again and the hype surrounding him baffles me seeing as Ando doesn't even seem to get a mention.He's done it to Fabregas a few times now, Gerrard at Anfield too.Anyway, it's trophies that count, not a fawning media eh?
Agree entirely. Anderson is starting to show his worth. I had a feeling it would be the beginning of next season before it happened, but fortunately he has started to find his feet again at an important time.

As for Fabregas, they weren't really in direct competition, but I think that is Wenger's fault, played him in the wrong position in the first leg, then played him in a 2 against a 3 with Song alongside him in the second. Never gave him a chance really.

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Ginners

park done well last night, nearly £#%&!ed his goal up though. just glad rooney came through it without getting booked

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:39 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Agree entirely. Anderson is starting to show his worth. I had a feeling it would be the beginning of next season before it happened, but fortunately he has started to find his feet again at an important time.

As for Fabregas, they weren't really in direct competition, but I think that is Wenger's fault, played him in the wrong position in the first leg, then played him in a 2 against a 3 with Song alongside him in the second. Never gave him a chance really.
Even so, you expect a player of Fabregas stature to have more (or any!) impact on a game of this size.He was nowhere to be seen over the two legs.

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Even so, you expect a player of Fabregas stature to have more (or any!) impact on a game of this size.He was nowhere to be seen over the two legs.
In the first leg he was too far forward with a poor midfield getting badly overrun behind him, in the second the game was over before he got a look in and again, they were prevented from getting him on the ball.

I was impressed with Nasri FWIW, done a lot better than I thought he would tbh.

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:43 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
park done well last night, nearly £#%&!ed his goal up though. just glad rooney came through it without getting booked
made up for his big and nearly costly error just minutes before.

had a decent game imo. happy for him.
Closed Thread