BBC 52 75.36%
ITV 3 4.35%
Other (live abroad or whatever) 13 18.84%
The Stone Roses 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2014, 02:49 PM
ziggyman17

svt1 or tv4 in Sweden, have some lovely female presenters and pundits.......

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
If it's Jonathan Pearce on bbc1 then it's itv for me.
It isn't - strange how he doesn't get the gig for this one innit, despite the Beeb's insistence that everybody loves him??

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
What's Alan Hansen doing with himself now his BBC career is over? Sky, BT? A role with the vermin?

Or a rent boy maybe?
saw a "tribute"to Hansen on BBC yesterday. Comes across as a decent bloke actually

BBC on iplayer for me

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:28 PM
taff

BBC is guy mowbray and lawrenson. ITV is townsend and tyldesley.

i'll watch BBC. lawrenson is a £#%&!ing skidmark though.

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
saw a "tribute"to Hansen on BBC yesterday. Comes across as a decent bloke actually

BBC on iplayer for me
Have to reluctantly agree with that - though apparently he supported Rangers as a kid (and not United as some have rumoured)

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:39 PM
MJ Ramone

It's the lack of adverts & the lack of Adrian Chiles & Townsend that makes the BBC such a more appealing option.

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:47 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It's the lack of adverts & the lack of Adrian Chiles & Townsend that makes the BBC such a more appealing option.
could cope with the adverts it's those two utter tossers that's the problem.

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Pop

ITV will have absolutely no football after next season. FA Cup is going back to the BBC, CL is gone and bar a few England internationals we'll not have to listen to Andy £#%&!ing Townsend or Tyldsley anymore (though doubtless BT will poach the later).

Townsend will probably end up on rte commentating alongside Jim Beglin at Bray Wanderers v Bohemians.

Unread 13-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Neo

Will watch the pre/post and half-time analysis on BBC, but I'll watch the game on ITV.

Mowbray is a try-hard @#%&!, and Lawrenson is a depressed Scouse @#%&!, so I'll put up with Tyldesley and Townsend as the lesser of two evils.

Obviously Adrian Chiles needs to be avoided at all costs, so all other coverage I will be switching over to the BBC. Hopefully Rio is on, Top Red.

Unread 13-07-2014, 04:01 PM
redhegemony

Would have loved to hear David Coleman doing the 7-1

the tackles in the 1962 game

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...mentaries.html

Unread 13-07-2014, 04:22 PM
shenwen

Will be in bed. Will try and watch as live next day but on holiday in Saigon so no idea.

United all over this city by the way. Omo, Clear, mobile providers - Giggs, Rooney and Kagawa have their mugs on every billboard. Barca, etc. nowhere to be seen. Top official sponsoring.

Unread 13-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
BBC is guy mowbray and lawrenson. ITV is townsend and tyldesley.

i'll watch BBC. lawrenson is a £#%&!ing skidmark though.
Well that's made my mind up.

Can't consider watching the World Cup final listening to Lawrenson.

Will probably watch the build up on ITV too, they seem to have had the better panelists.

Unread 13-07-2014, 06:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I watched the quarters on German telly, he basically says the names of the players as they get the ball and that's about it. Was ace tbf
Just like David Coleman back in the day, then. "ONE-NIL!"

Unread 13-07-2014, 06:24 PM
ralph

Mike Ingham's last commentary on radio 5 tonight, and he's still probably the best out there.

Unread 13-07-2014, 06:58 PM
believe

Keegan has just been talking about how he did what barca did, fifteen years ago.

Unread 13-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
Mike Ingham's last commentary on radio 5 tonight, and he's still probably the best out there.
Really like him. Will listen to BBC radio commentary tonight.

Unread 14-07-2014, 05:38 PM
armchair

BBC also smashed ITV in ratings war as 16.7million watched Beeb. Just 3.9million spectators tuned in to watch the World Cup final on ITV

Unread 14-07-2014, 06:01 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
BBC also smashed ITV in ratings war as 16.7million watched Beeb. Just 3.9million spectators tuned in to watch the World Cup final on ITV
Turned over to ITV the atmosphere came across a lot better, and for all his faults Tydsley is a lot more accomplished than Mowbray.

Unread 14-07-2014, 08:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
Turned over to ITV the atmosphere came across a lot better, and for all his faults Tydsley is a lot more accomplished than Mowbray.
But, still........ANDY £#%&!ING TOWNSEND????

Unread 14-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But, still........ANDY £#%&!ING TOWNSEND????
*Townsend is merely #@&%!ed and can't help himself, Lawrenson on the other hand was a complete and utter tosser on BBC last night. It's why I switched to ITV in the second half.

*I still hope he dies however.
Closed Thread