United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think that just about covers it.
2 very different men, but both indisputable United legends.
Only United have players that ever reach their stature & gravitas.
I applaud you on your last sentence for it's red tinted spectacleness.

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Child of Darkness

fell out with his entire family you know

probably cos he was such a miserable @#%&!

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
About as far away from the modern day "me, me, me" footballer as you can get.

A true working class hero and probably the greatest English footballer of all time.
This. Spot on.

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
fell out with his entire family you know

probably cos he was such a miserable @#%&!
Done to death on here

They didn't like his wife.
As if Munich wasn't enough without that shit.

Every captain Marvel from Robson to slope head and beyond will live in his shadow

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Aman27deep

England's best ever footballer, nqat.

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

great player and stronger than any of his critics - apart from those who've survived loads of their mates in a plane crash and still reached the absolute pinnacle of their chosen career whilst forever retaining their dignity, obviously

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:22 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
I applaud you on your last sentence for it's red tinted spectacleness.
Nothing even remotely 'red tinted' about it.
It's an undeniable fact.

From Best to Cantona to Beckham to Ronaldo, United have always had players that are just as big news on the front pages or back.
Other Clubs have had truly great players nqat, but certain United players have captured the imagination of people who don't even follow the game.

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:25 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
but certain United players have captured the imagination of people who don't even follow the game.
Thank £#%&! there are people on here who still get our club.

Oh and understand there have been periods of waiting for those players.

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:26 PM
andyroo

Everyone else in the world... "a legend", "a great player", "a gentleman"

United fans... "miserable @#%&!"

:shakehead:

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:42 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

The finest talent our country’s produced and the greatest player to have represented the club.

Unread 11-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Everyone else in the world... "a legend", "a great player", "a gentleman"

United fans... "miserable @#%&!"

:shakehead:
Hands down, the greatest player to have ever played for United and England, and (possibly after Sir Matt) the biggest legend in Manchester United history, yet he's had more abuse in this thread than praise.

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:09 PM
bicyclerepairman

i wasn't aware that he has received so much criticizm, what for?

he is the greatest footballer of all-time. yeah i know that no one will agree, but he was. i've never seen anyone better than he.
he was certainly better than messi and maradona. pele was before my time.
i think its never been cool to think of him as such. especially with his colossal comb-over!plus he was always too nice i suppose. plus of course he is english, i think that makes a big difference.
beckenbaur regarded him as the greatest in the world in '66.
fans back then would of thought of him as one of the greatest playing at that time.

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Nothing even remotely 'red tinted' about it.
It's an undeniable fact.

From Best to Cantona to Beckham to Ronaldo, United have always had players that are just as big news on the front pages or back.
Other Clubs have had truly great players nqat, but certain United players have captured the imagination of people who don't even follow the game.
But Charlton would never want to make the front pages, he was a footballer, pure and simple.

Lots of footballers from other clubs make the front page, but it is usually for all the wrong reasons.

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerepairman

he is the greatest footballer of all-time. yeah i know that no one will agree, but he was. i've never seen anyone better than he.
he was certainly better than messi and maradona. pele was before my time.
i think its never been cool to think of him as such. especially with his colossal comb-over!plus he was always too nice i suppose. plus of course he is english, i think that makes a big difference.
beckenbaur regarded him as the greatest in the world in '66.
fans back then would of thought of him as one of the greatest playing at that time.
talksport used to bang on about how roger hunt, peter osgood and colin bell were better players iirc

steven gerrard reckoned he was 3rd best behind jon hollins and sammy lee

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Bernard1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerepairman

he was certainly better than messi and maradona.

Not a £#%&!in chance. Hes a legend and I love him more, but a 'better player'

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:18 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Legend. NFT.
yes definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard1
Don't think players who pissed there career up the wall at 27 can be considered a 'legend'

A man who constantly let himself and more importantly Man United down time & time & again. I prefer/love players who make the best from what talent they have. George Best never got close imo.

)
He was one of the greatest players that lived, his career at the top might not have been as long as it should have been but for a long period he was instrumental in the successes of the club in the 60's.

Flawed genius and defintely a legend.

Shame on you Bernard, have some bad rep you £#%&!er

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:22 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
yes definitely.

He was one of the greatest players that lived, his career at the top might not have been as long as it should have been but for a long period he was instrumental in the successes of the club in the 60's.

Flawed genius and defintely a legend.

Shame on you Bernard, have some bad rep you £#%&!er
same here.

sad to see bernard attention seeking like this.

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:26 PM
thatsfuctit

'Had he not been so modest, there was a time when Bobby Charlton could have claimed, with some justification, that he was the most famous living Englishman.

He never did, of course, but others, such as TV soccer pundit Jimmy Hill, said it for him. It was the late 1960s. England had won the World Cup and Manchester United the European Cup. All over the world there were children who could speak only two words of English. One was "Bobby", the other was "Charlton", such was the esteem in which he was held'

He did this despite seeing the majority of his mates die, anyone who calls him a @#%&!, is in my book is infact, a @#%&!.

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
when the seagulls

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

'Had he not been so modest, there was a time when Bobby Charlton could have claimed, with some justification, that he was the most famous living Englishman.

He never did, of course, but others, such as TV soccer pundit Jimmy Hill, said it for him. It was the late 1960s. England had won the World Cup and Manchester United the European Cup. All over the world there were children who could speak only two words of English. One was "Bobby", the other was "Charlton", such was the esteem in which he was held'

He did this despite seeing the majority of his mates die, anyone who calls him in my @#%&! is in fact, a @#%&!.
Well said this man.

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:37 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

God save our Bobby

Done more for the UK than them Windsor parasitic @#%&!s
Closed Thread