United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But (and this might not, so much) DdG wasn't really to blame for either of them.
He wasn't remotely to blame for them, and made another brilliant save from that header.

Unread 24-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Mr Kaboom

Fergie is right, we are getting closer to Barcelona. Bilbao is in Spain.

Unread 24-02-2012, 12:35 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He wasn't remotely to blame for them, and made another brilliant save from that header.
Yeah, I was just breaking it to denis gently

Unread 24-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
Fergie is right, we are getting closer to Barcelona. Bilbao is in Spain.
Wish our strikers could blast ones like that into the top corner.

Unread 24-02-2012, 12:45 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Everything that is wrong with United was there tonight.

Our support - £#%&!ing shit. Really, really shit. It's embarrassing. Ajax, despite their Suarez support, were £#%&!ing magnificent and shown us over 2 legs how to get behind your team. Our fans are mainly gobshites, more interested in waving at the TV cameras when there's a throw in

Our captain - I'm no Jason basher but £#%&! me, captain? GTFO. Absolute joke. How the £#%&! can he rally the team when we need a captain to do so? Come on boys, alsation on toast if we win this. Just £#%&! off

Taking the opposition lightly, again - Really, really annoying me now this. How many times are we going to get embarrassed by average teams this season? It's ridiculous. Yet we do it time & again, putting in sloppy shifts and players generally not giving a £#%&!. Another 10 mins tonight and we would have gone out. Not good enough

Europa League - I still can't get my head around this shit. Just £#%&! off
I'm sure you read my thoughts. Spot on again. I fear we might miss big Tony some more yet. Hoping he makes a superman recovery in time for the spurs match to dominate that right wing (where their chimp boy will be aswell). Nani is playing pretty £#%&! atm.

Unread 24-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
If that was a Champions League game, that would have been proper naughty. Ajax showed in mass and were right up for it.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but they were walked down Chester Rd and smashed up the Pomona pub.
Are you saying we would have been up for a ruck if it was a bigger game?

Unread 24-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
OTOH, Evans dropped his mandatory %@#$&! per game - and this time didn't get away with it
He has turned ducking under crosses in to an art form.

The number of headers we concede, without Vidic to put his head in the way of everything, isn't funny.

Unread 24-02-2012, 01:35 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
The number of headers we concede, without Vidic to put his head in the way of everything, isn't funny.
Our defending of set pieces is painful.

Actually, tbh with Vidic out our defending is pretty painful full stop.

Unread 24-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Are you saying we would have been up for a ruck if it was a bigger game?
Exactamundo!

Unread 24-02-2012, 01:55 AM
History

Quote:
That is *the* most disappointing thing about him, tbh. He just doesn't seem to have the United mentality
First picked up on it at anfield. Shit house.

Unread 24-02-2012, 02:06 AM
The Mull

Well, that was poo, we stopped playing after the goal, besides a couple of efforts before they scored.
They were by far the nosiest fans ever at OT. even without the £#%&!ing drums
But hey we got through and have to pay for yet more games

Unread 24-02-2012, 02:09 AM
ScarFace

young is 27 in 3months, if he hasnt got it in him already, he never will.

He is nani n valencia's understudy though.

Unread 24-02-2012, 02:12 AM
The Mull

Probably the only reason Ferie wants us in this bobbins comp, is to usurp the blushit, because if we go out and they win it

Unread 24-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Stickman

Well at least we're getting a good look at midfielders in this comp.

Woopty do not arsed were through wouldnt have been arsed if out. Big game on Sunday.

Unread 24-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Fergie: "I'm responsible for picking the team and I just had too many young players in the back four out there tonight. That was just too much of a risk. Ajax are what they are - a fantastic team in terms of keeping possession of the ball. But we only had one shot on goal in the second half."
Who currently lie 6th in eredivise.

the same team that couldn't get near madrid.

Unread 24-02-2012, 08:29 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Who currently lie 6th in eredivise.

the same team that couldn't get near madrid.
WE wouldn't get anywhere near Madrid.

Shameful that, last night. Cleverley deserves a bit of a break imo, seeing as he's been out so long. Can anyone remember the last time we were able or Ferie chose to play the same side for two straight games? Even if we have done of late, its been rare as £#%&!.

Whatever, the attitude on some of our players is £#%&!ing appalling.

Unread 24-02-2012, 09:05 AM
borsuk

we didn't play badly because the players weren't good enough, we played badly because the tie was over and they had a shite attitude. inexcusable imo but ajax looked decent because we couldn't be arsed, not because of any quality they have.

Unread 24-02-2012, 09:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Alright, i've had a dominos and a breather.

Maybe i over reacted. But my point still stands. Whatever it was.
Not read the thread but i take it you've gone completely mental then?

Unread 24-02-2012, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The only English side any big European side will be worrying about next season is Citeh. The rest, Utd included, are not and won't be up to scratch.

For all the De Gea critics this season about time someone took a closer look at Phil Jones. Is he £#%&! a defender. All over the place when played there, hasn't got a £#%&!ing clue.
Been saying it all season, very promising midfielder, can't defend to save his life.

Unread 24-02-2012, 09:35 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
we didn't play badly because the players weren't good enough, we played badly because the tie was over and they had a shite attitude. inexcusable imo but ajax looked decent because we couldn't be arsed, not because of any quality they have.
Pretty much this, all i would add is that one of my biggest problems with squad rotating is that you can see when a team has not played together, call me old fashioned but I have always felt a team that plays together regularly will always gel and become a better team, tinkering and £#%&!ing about with it just makes it look like and play like a team that doesn't really gel.

It's become a normal thing in all top teams now but i think it's shit, these are supposedly top top athletes but they need resting and time off £#%&! off. if they're fit, get the same team out week in week out, everyone plays off each other, knows each other knows their place and job, that to me is how a team plays well, not putting out a different 11 every game ffs.

( I know this may be different for this cup admitedly, but in general i think all the rotating is shit )

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not read the thread but i take it you've gone completely mental then?
Me neither but i can only imagine