Unread 22-01-2019, 09:57 AM
thatsfuctit

Default Great United goals of yesteryear

Unread 22-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Cream

Giggs' tackling was outstanding.

Unread 22-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Sparky***

I'm not even gonna put just the goals... but here's 14 mins of glorious highlights from the greatest United team i've seen in my life scoring two the greatest goals we've ever scored.

Denis Irwin's goal was as good as anything you'll see today cooked up by Guardiola or Klopp's multi billion pound squads.

Unread 22-01-2019, 12:46 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 22-01-2019, 01:34 PM
TheFatGoth

Nearly great goals goals

3rd one

Unread 22-01-2019, 01:39 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 22-01-2019, 01:48 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm not even gonna put just the goals... but here's 14 mins of glorious highlights from the greatest United team i've seen in my life scoring two the greatest goals we've ever scored.

Denis Irwin's goal was as good as anything you'll see today cooked up by Guardiola or Klopp's multi billion pound squads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUpKcyCfOJI
I was behind the goal that Eric got the first in

Unread 22-01-2019, 01:51 PM
stmfh

Football

Quote:

Was there that day 😎 Tremendous team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I was behind the goal that Eric got the first in
Same end of ground, but in side stand roughly in line with the 18 yard line. Eric was far side of the pitch from where we were.

Loads, as in a lot, of Reds 😎 Great times 😎

[quote=Pop;5085417]The occasion overshadowed the quality of Andy Cole's goal v Spurs in May 99. The control and finish under pressure was sublime.

And I can't find a £#%&!ing link to it [/QUOT

Try this. Scholesy’s pass to Beckham. Becks finish. Football. Bloody hell!

Unread 22-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Cream

Quote:

Vinnie Jones.

Irwin really does make our current full backs look dreadful. The most understated of players but £#%&! me he was mustard.

Unread 22-01-2019, 03:09 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Vinnie Jones.

Irwin really does make our current full backs look dreadful. The most understated of players but £#%&! me he was mustard.
Lovely bloke as well.

Unread 22-01-2019, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

That was one of the most complete and flawless United performances I can recall - Wimbledon were no mugs at that time.

Unread 22-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Vinnie Jones.

Loved Duaners’ story of when Irwin made his Wolves debut, they got a free kcik outside the box, everyone went ‘here we go, let’s see what this guy can d-‘ bang. Top corner. ‘You people are spoiled!’

Unread 22-01-2019, 08:12 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 22-01-2019, 08:49 PM
sa7

Quote:
Vinnie Jones.

The guy could defend as well. A rare commodity in modern full backs

Unread 22-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:

That Cantona strike is my favourite ever United goal.

The state of the technique from the first touch to pop the ball up, and then the volley, all in one smooth motion, is just absurd. A thing of utter beauty.

That side is probably third in the list of Fergie’s great sides, behind the 1999 and 2008 sides, but it was the most exciting and entertaining. Good argument that United would have won five titles on the spin, and three doubles in a row, if Eric never got that suspension.

Unread 22-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Buck

Lee Sharpe was awesome for a while

This one always sticks in my mind when it comes to United in Europe.

Unread 22-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

The state of the technique from the first touch to pop the ball up, and then the volley, all in one smooth motion, is just absurd. A thing of utter beauty.

That side is probably third in the list of Fergie’s great sides, behind the 1999 and 2008 sides, but it was the most exciting and entertaining. Good argument that United would have won five titles on the spin, and three doubles in a row, if Eric never got that suspension.
100% we would have.

Unread 22-01-2019, 10:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Not to mention Hughes' superb hold up play to set things up.

Imagine Lukaku doing that? It makes me £#%&!ing PUKE.

Our shit@#%&!s are on a fortune, instagrammed out of their minds and literally not fit to lace these lads' boots.

Unread 22-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

My Dad rated Eric higher than Best.
He said Best would get the ball & do amazing things, but you expected him to do those things.
Eric did stuff you didn't think possible.