United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:07 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I’d rather we sell him than play him deep. It’s £#%&!ing pointless. He’s has some nice touches, shows his strength and pops a few passes off but that’s it.
Ole’s liked him deep since day one for some reason. Don’t get it myself, nor the fuffing around our back line. We’re not good enough on the ball and need too much time.

Unread 17-07-2020, 04:48 AM
shenwen

I'm not too down on him but would just rather we spend his wages on a more effective player.

Okay isn't good enough for a player with his reputation.

There must be plenty of midfielders who could do better. Could probably afford two of them if he goes.

Unread 17-07-2020, 06:56 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I'm not too down on him but would just rather we spend his wages on a more effective player.

Okay isn't good enough for a player with his reputation.

There must be plenty of midfielders who could do better. Could probably afford two of them if he goes.
For me, we would need to have identified and secured his replacements before we ditched him but I’d be more than happy to bullet him if we had.

Although bunks does say that a pogba in the hand is worth less than two in the bush (and he does have a point.)

Unread 17-07-2020, 07:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
For me, we would need to have identified and secured his replacements before we ditched him but I’d be more than happy to bullet him if we had.

Although bunks does say that a pogba in the hand is worth less than two in the bush (and he does have a point.)
Given his past behaviour you've got to imagine that the club has been doing its homework and has a few targets.

Think we'll give him a contract though. Ole seems to have some faith in him. I'm just not seeing it.

Unread 17-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Stickman

Isnt it the case that we now have a better player than him in his best position?

Get rid and bring in Neves. Sign Sancho and a quick CB. Have a good mull over the De Gea/Henderson next steps and jobs a good un.

Unread 17-07-2020, 09:09 AM
atticusgrinch

Seems a bit wrong that the players who were filling in and doing a good job when Pogba was 'injured' have been cast aside for him now he's deigned to play for the club again.

Esp. when you consider he's - at best - a very average DM.

Wonder if PSG will swap him for Verratti?

Unread 17-07-2020, 09:15 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Isnt it the case that we now have a better player than him in his best position?

Get rid and bring in Neves. Sign Sancho and a quick CB. Have a good mull over the De Gea/Henderson next steps and jobs a good un.
This 100%.

Unread 17-07-2020, 09:46 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

The problem with him is the same as it's always been, for every good game there are seven or eight bang average ones, and that's been the same since he arrived.

The difference between him and Fernandes illustrates the problem, nobody has to constantly remind me that Fernandes is a worldy midfielder because I can see him making a difference on the pitch week in week out, every £#%&!ing game he creates stuff, he's never 'needed better players around him', he's all over the pitch putting a shift in rather than 'not being played in his best position'.

Even with Fernandes taking pressure off him and Matic playing like the player he was 3 years ago, Pogba has looked just OK.

Honestly they should sell him for what they can, the savings on his wages alone mean you'd make up any shortfall, pick up Haimes Rodriguez cheap to keep Adidas sweet on the sponsorship side and give decent competition / cover on the right and attacking midfield (apparently he's Adidas' second biggest social media influencer behind only Messi) and sign someone like Ndidi, Luis or Tonali to play holding mid.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:00 AM
MUFC One Love

Don't think we should be basing signings on keeping Adidas happy, pal.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:01 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Don't think we should be basing signings on keeping Adidas happy, pal.
Sadly think it's part and parcel of the modern game.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Hyman_Roth

Hmmmmm.. feels like the forum mood is back to being ‘pissed at Paul’.

With the arrival of Bruno, I’d have no hesitation in booting this shit @#%&! as hard as I could out of the club. The problem can only be us not being able to get shut at the right price/wages.

Thanks Paul.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:10 AM
puressence

Would sign Kante for the holding role keep pogba

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:32 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Kante’s jumped the shark. Three years ago, definitely - and he could still do a job, but there’s better options out there now.

Unread 17-07-2020, 01:15 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Kante’s jumped the shark. Three years ago, definitely - and he could still do a job, but there’s better options out there now.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
So replace Matic? Doesn’t solve the Pogba issue tho does it

Unread 17-07-2020, 02:32 PM
Vedder

I just want to see him further forward. He’s excellent in and around the box and a threat in the air. He should be bursting into the box getting on the end of things and he isn’t, he’s just jogging around in front of the defence popping passes off.

Unread 17-07-2020, 05:02 PM
armchair

Unread 17-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Neo

Cool

PogTaxi > Limo > Black Cab > Uber > Rajasthani Tuk Tuk > Sparky.

NQAT.

Unread 18-07-2020, 01:34 AM
jesper

He's possibly the most overrated player in the league. For every good piece of play there's numerous times when he loses it and puts us on the back foot. I don't hate him, just don't think he's got a football brain, as he's a senior pro making mistakes that would embarrass a 14 year old.

Unread 23-08-2020, 10:03 PM
AK14

Gutted.

Unread 23-08-2020, 10:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
new contract?
Closed Thread