United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ole apparently wants 4 or 5 players.. If this fella costs £120m that credit card is taking a £#%&!ing pasting

£#%&!s me off that Chelsea can seemingly just go out and attract who they want, nice and quietly, for decent fees even without CL football being guaranteed, whereas we seem to have to beg and pay over the odds for £#%&!ing everyone
I'll be stunned if we sign 4 or 5 players unless we make some seriously big sales (I'm talking Pogba, De Gea and all that crap we want rid of)

The calibre of players we need are all £50m plus and that's being generous.

To get 4 or 5, we'd be spending well over £200m and I just don't see that happening in such an uncertain market and no crowd revenue coming in.

1 or 2. And I'd be happy with that if they add to this progression and elevate us further.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
No such thing as a freebie, really, you just have to give the fee to the player instead
Kinda true but the fee is not as high as it would be to a club tbf

Wages and signing on fee would likely be higher though.

Just had a look and there aren’t many options anyway.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Ole apparently wants 4 or 5 players.. If this fella costs £120m that credit card is taking a £#%&!ing pasting

£#%&!s me off that Chelsea can seemingly just go out and attract who they want, nice and quietly, for decent fees even without CL football being guaranteed, whereas we seem to have to beg and pay over the odds for £#%&!ing everyone
Again, it’s probably also a perception fueled by the reporting. United sell more papers than Chelsea, hence the drama. So far it’s a good player who had a modest buy out and wanted to play for Liverpool, and an Ajax winger who no one else wanted. If we had bought Werner, the ABU press would be having a field day with the Liverpool angle. Chelsea? No one cares.

dunk

Linked with Oblak today

That young CB at Lille wouldn’t be outrageously expensive I wouldn’t have thought, if we’re really in for him, and there’s a couple of young midfielders in France we were linked with, one or two in South America that won’t cost the Earth. Ole spoke very highly of the scouting network in that recent interview so maybe they’ve got out and done their graft and found a few that are slightly under the radar

Sancho is the flagship signing though, hope he’s as good as everyone thinks he is..

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I'll be stunned if we sign 4 or 5 players unless we make some seriously big sales (I'm talking Pogba, De Gea and all that crap we want rid of)

The calibre of players we need are all £50m plus and that's being generous.

To get 4 or 5, we'd be spending well over £200m and I just don't see that happening in such an uncertain market and no crowd revenue coming in.

1 or 2. And I'd be happy with that if they add to this progression and elevate us further.
Yep

DM and a RW

Maybe another player in January and then add a couple more next summer and we’ll be set for a challenge in 21/22 imo

Like you’ve said the most important thing is getting the right player.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Again, it’s probably also a perception fueled by the reporting. United sell more papers than Chelsea, hence the drama. So far it’s a good player who had a modest buy out and wanted to play for Liverpool, and an Ajax winger who no one else wanted. If we had bought Werner, the ABU press would be having a field day with the Liverpool angle. Chelsea? No one cares.
And we're paying attention to it. I'm sure fans of other clubs see all the tattle around their transfer dealings and think the same. Meanwhile, all we see is Chelsea signing someone and it's the first we've heard of it, so we assume it was plain sailing.

Its our own fault for taking it all in.

Makes me yearn for the days of turning on the news (not SSN. Actual BBC news) and seeing Andy Cole stood with fergie holding a United shirt

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
They did it with Kovacic and Pulisic too and look to have done it with Havertz. Hottest young properties about and they’re in early and getting the deal done. It’s impressive. Maybe it’s the scouting and the getting in there early that actually warrants the praise.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:17 PM
utd99

I’m sure the papers know exactly how much getting that badge on the back page increases their sales/clicks. That’s why our players rocking up for training is a bigger story than other team’s transfers.

They linked us to Zaha yesterday, just to shoehorn the crest in. Zaha ffs.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
I’m sure the papers know exactly how much getting that badge on the back page increases their sales/clicks. That’s why our players rocking up for training is a bigger story than other team’s transfers.

They liked us to Zaha yesterday, just to shoehorn the crest in. Zaha ffs.
he’s shite.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:22 PM
BarryX

Quote:
They did it with Kovacic and Pulisic too and look to have done it with Havertz. Hottest young properties about and they’re in early and getting the deal done. It’s impressive. Maybe it’s the scouting and the getting in there early that actually warrants the praise.
Maybe the process is easier due to the different ownership structures? Not suggesting for a second that under the table payments, etc, take place, by the Russians (that would never happen ) but guess hey're a lot freer to go about their business than NYSE: MANU.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Maybe the process is easier due to the different ownership structures? Not suggesting for a second that under the table payments, etc, take place, by the Russians (that would never happen ) but guess hey're a lot freer to go about their business than NYSE: MANU.
The money laundering business model helps for sure.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:28 PM
jem

Quote:
If Rashford doesn’t sort his form out, he’s in danger of becoming Ringo.
pete, not ringo. ringo was the king of feel, let's not forget. if you mean he's in danger of becoming someone that £#%&!wits don't appreciate, I'll bow to your experience there.

Quote:
Schweinstiger was perceived as a bargain, but did £#%&! all.
if, by £#%&! all, you mean be the best player on the pitch and be dumped too early, then.... sure.

most people wouldn't recognise a midfielder if it poked them with a stick.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
The money laundering business model helps for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
pete, not ringo. ringo was the king of feel, let's not forget. if you mean he's in danger of becoming someone that £#%&!wits don't appreciate, I'll bow to your experience there.

if, by £#%&! all, you mean be the best player on the pitch and be dumped too early, then.... sure.

most people wouldn't recognise a midfielder if it poked them with a stick.
Good player or not is not the point.

I liked him..I'm glad we signed him. But it didnt work. We got nothing out of it, whoever's fault it was. So he wasnt worth it.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:38 PM
dunk

1 day

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:40 PM
windy waffles

Luke Gardner. From the Express ffs.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:42 PM
BarryX

If the deal really did hinge on use qualifying for CL, I'd expect both sides would be well-prepared and it will happen sooner rather than later.

SanchON

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Ethers

He looks like he should be a Showbiz Correspondent ffs

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Dr Stranger

You'd expect negotiations to be faster than normal too with the short off-season.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
You'd expect negotiations to be faster than normal too with the short off-season.
The window is open until October 5th apparently

Unread 27-07-2020, 03:00 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He looks like he should be a Showbiz Correspondent ffs
Harsh on koppas
Closed Thread