United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Is Beckham a United Legend?
Yes 21 42.86%
No 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

me too Jem....although really you shouldn't have been watching that programme..ahem

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
neville g's legendary moment was "just give me the six points". ;0)
I can't help but pity Gary Neville ever since that. He got merked, bad.

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM
carlosartorial

I would say he was, yes.

As well as his annoying voice, choice of wife, many haircuts and penchant for courting publicity he was a red through and through. His old feller still goes home and away ffs. He showed tremendous consistency over 7/8 years wearing the shirt and regularly delivered outstanding performances.

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

There are fantastic United tales to tell about all three of the Holy Trinity, Stiles, Tommy Doc, Robson, Whiteside, Fergie, Eric, Sparky, Keane, Ole, RvN, Nou Camp, Villa Park, Wembley and many more besides. Beckham is a part of that so yeah.

Where do you rank him in United's roll of honour though? Does he make the starting XI? That's what you mean really isn't it? Is it?

Unread 12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I would say he was, yes.

As well as his annoying voice, choice of wife, many haircuts and penchant for courting publicity he was a red through and through. His old feller still goes home and away ffs. He showed tremendous consistency over 7/8 years wearing the shirt and regularly delivered outstanding performances.
And look how he treats him That makes the argument for him being a complete and utter @#%&!.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:05 PM
carlosartorial

I've got no idea how he gets on with his old feller on a day-to-day basis, neither have you I'd guess. Plus that wasn't what was being discussed, it's got £#%&! all to do with what he did in a red shirt from 1995 to 2003.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I've got no idea how he gets on with his old feller on a day-to-day basis, neither have you I'd guess. Plus that wasn't what was being discussed, it's got £#%&! all to do with what he did in a red shirt from 1995 to 2003.
So what did his dad being home and away have anything to do with his 'legend status'? 1995-01 possible legend. 01-03 a joke in a red shirt.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:18 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
For the record the two players from my lifetime I see as legends are Eric annd Robbo with Scholes, Giggs, Hughes and Keane being demi-legends.
Giggs is one of the greatest players the club has ever produced and quite clearly a Legend on par with Best, Charlton, Robbo etc.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Giggs is one of the greatest players the club has ever produced and quite clearly a Legend on par with Best, Charlton, Robbo etc.
Fantastic player. Never been consistant enough imo. He's had some great seasons but has had nearly as many mind bogglingly(sp) average ones. Normally due to him not having no competition for his place/drifting into a comfort zone.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:24 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
i'm really not sure how you qualify 'legend' but if the others are in then why wouldn't gary be in there?

one club man, fiercely loyal and proud to be utd, consistent, successful, full of passion, hates thye scouse

is it because he plays right back
No, it's because he's a rent-a-quote 'steady' right back. Sure he has had spells of being good but he's also had spells where he's not been too good but gets away with it because 'he hates Scousers' from Bury. A lot of goals conceded, especially these days may not be directly because of him but come from things he is a part of and of course quite a few come directly from his poor position/not closing down etc. It's time to replace him, IMO. Or not let him be guaranteed the right back spot.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Father Christmas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Spot on

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
i'm really not sure how you qualify 'legend' but if the others are in then why wouldn't gary be in there?

one club man, fiercely loyal and proud to be utd, consistent, successful, full of passion, hates thye scouse

Very good post.

My sentiments exactly Billy.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Gobshite, consistently above average, loyal, can't keep his mouth shut.

great player, comes across as a #@&%!. imo of course

so no, not a legend.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
El Calafate

for 5 yrs Beckham was the best right winger in the world along with Figo. A united legend? Not sure tbh. wasn't that arsed when he left, and it was the same with Ruud. nft.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Absolutely goddamn right. a lot of people don't recognise that nearly enough.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

Yes he is.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Robbo is quite rightly considered a great for his ability and leadership.

But it shouldn't be forgotten that he wanted to leave the club for more money.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Fantastic player. Never been consistant enough imo. He's had some great seasons but has had nearly as many mind bogglingly(sp) average ones. Normally due to him not having no competition for his place/drifting into a comfort zone.
Can't agree crumps. More often then not, when United have needed something different or special, it's been Giggs who provided it. Juve at home 97/98, Cup Semi 99, Highbury 03...the list is endless. Played in centre midfield for the 2nd half of last season (with o'shea ffs!) and looked outstanding. And he's been doing it since 1992. Legend.

One Love - replace Nevile? He's playing the best football of his life!

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Gobshite, consistently above average, loyal, can't keep his mouth shut.

great player, comes across as a #@&%!. imo of course

so no, not a legend.

Disagree wholeheartedly.

People have waxed lyrical about Evra as an attacking option this year but the amount of times Gary gets up and down the touch line it's unreal. His fitness for a 31 year old is second to none.

His whole life has been dedicated to United. True Legend.

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Can't agree crumps. More often then not, when United have needed something different or special, it's been Giggs who provided it. Juve at home 97/98, Cup Semi 99, Highbury 03...the list is endless. Played in centre midfield for the 2nd half of last season (with o'shea ffs!) and looked outstanding. And he's been doing it since 1992. Legend.

One Love - replace Nevile? He's playing the best football of his life!

Exactly mate. Though there is two 'l's in his name!

Neville=True Legend.
Closed Thread