Unread 12-08-2020, 09:04 PM
suedeshoes

"Pool"? £#%&! off man.

Unread 12-08-2020, 09:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Should go for sarr at Watford 25 to 30 million young player proper talent
This would make sense to me. And leave monies available to strengthen other areas and get Sancho next summer if necessary.

Unread 12-08-2020, 09:10 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
"Pool"? £#%&! off man.
At least shorten it to "poo" ffs keano.

Unread 12-08-2020, 09:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This would make sense to me. And leave monies available to strengthen other areas and get Sancho next summer if necessary.
Yep

He looks like a proper player too.

Unread 12-08-2020, 09:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

He looks like a proper player too.
Reality is we can’t afford Sancho. We could buy him, but we need so much more it’s stupid to chuck it all at one player. We have to sell to buy that Torres fella but they want to commit something like £200m (wages and fees etc.)on 1 player? Stupid.

Said similar when we bought Pogba too tbf.

Unread 12-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Sparky***

The sad thing is I honestly don't think we'll end up with anything like what people are imagining.

It's going to be summer 2018 all over again.

Unread 12-08-2020, 10:04 PM
Neo

We really need to get this signing done.

If one of Martial or Rashford are out for a prolonged period next season, we're £#%&!ed.

Ighalo and Daniel James are nowhere near the level of squad depth required in the League or Champions League.

Unread 12-08-2020, 10:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The sad thing is I honestly don't think we'll end up with anything like what people are imagining.

It's going to be summer 2018 all over again.

Unread 12-08-2020, 10:13 PM
MUFC One Love

I know United do what they do in the market and in general are shite but they do seem to have a plan now. If they really want Sancho they will pay it like with Maguire but you cannot deny they are right to not just give Dortmund a huge fee in the current climate. I can't see any deals of that size happening until next year.

I'm sure they have other targets and they need more than 1 so they may spread the budget over a few players.

Unread 12-08-2020, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I know United do what they do in the market and in general are shite but they do seem to have a plan now. If they really want Sancho they will pay it like with Maguire but you cannot deny they are right to not just give Dortmund a huge fee in the current climate. I can't see any deals of that size happening until next year.

I'm sure they have other targets and they need more than 1 so they may spread the budget over a few players.
Well, hopefully our manager has a proper plan. That certainly can't do any harm.

Unread 13-08-2020, 12:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

i think the manager has a plan. Whether the club back him or are competent enough to help him realise that plan is another matter altogether.

Unread 13-08-2020, 02:24 AM
utd99

Quote:
i think the manager has a plan. Whether the club back him or are competent enough to help him realise that plan is another matter altogether.
What’s his plan, to not win anything?

Unread 13-08-2020, 08:48 AM
AK14

Quote:
That’s always been the worry for me

Talk of us wanting a defender and a midfielder but have put those on hold until we sign Sancho...

So basically we’ll end up with £#%&! all and we’ll be scrambling around on deadline day attempting to sign any £#%&!er just like last summer.

We always seem to end up here with Woody and Co running the show.

Unread 13-08-2020, 09:36 AM
Jethro

News filtering around that he'll be the only real signing unless Pogba goes. Seems he want's to stay so I hope the club has it's selling head on. Just cancel the £#%&!ing contracts to get the wages off the books.

Unread 13-08-2020, 09:48 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
News filtering around that he'll be the only real signing unless Pogba goes. Seems he want's to stay so I hope the club has it's selling head on. Just cancel the £#%&!ing contracts to get the wages off the books.
It’s why I’ve never understood why we keep renewing contracts for the likes of Jones and Rojo etc and I’m not buying the line that it’s protecting our assets...

Because of their lack of games over the last few years no one will want to stump up a decent fee OR pay their wages which will mean we’ll probably have to pay them to leave anyway.

Just let their contracts run out and £#%&! them off.

I wouldn’t be against doing the same with pogba tbh, anything to get the £#%&!er away from the club.

Unread 13-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It’s why I’ve never understood why we keep renewing contracts for the likes of Jones and Rojo etc and I’m not buying the line that it’s protecting our assets...

Because of their lack of games over the last few years no one will want to stump up a decent fee OR pay their wages which will mean we’ll probably have to pay them to leave anyway.

Just let their contracts run out and £#%&! them off.

I wouldn’t be against doing the same with pogba tbh, anything to get the £#%&!er away from the club.
Nobody apart from the oil clubs are going to able to afford anyone. I don't think people realise just how much financial shit clubs around europe are going to be in.

Unread 13-08-2020, 12:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Nobody apart from the oil clubs are going to able to afford anyone. I don't think people realise just how much financial shit clubs around europe are going to be in.
Yep.

1 or 2 signings of a player of the required quality a season possible for the biggest and most profitable club on the planet, meanwhile City and Chelsea are looking at buying 5 or 6, no worries. It’ll take us 10 years to catch up. No one else has an earthly.

Liverpool are a good example, hardly paupers in terms of TV revenue and sponsorships and have won the CL and PL in the last 12-18 months and are scratching about for transfer funds, despite cashing in on plenty in the last few years as well.

Unread 13-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Pogba can go tbh. He’s completely wasted sitting in two ffs. Either play him further forward or sell him

Unread 13-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Sparky***

Just be thankful we signed bruno in january before this pandemic

because there's no way we'd get him now.

Unread 13-08-2020, 02:37 PM
shenwen

If we’re that hard up we should think about selling de gea and Pogba. Yep of our biggest assets but also players we could manage without.

Henderson in and money for 2-3 more signings.
Closed Thread