United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2019, 07:45 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
If Salford steady themselves in the football league over the next few years then I don’t think it’s crazy to think Neville could look to loan in a few United academy players?

Or am I missing something?
I typically regard a feeder club relationship like we had with Antwerp. Loan then some players to get some first team football and have first option on their good players (which we never needed to exercise). Can't see Salford being a feeder club but, agree, can definitely see some players going there.

Unread 05-09-2019, 07:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I typically regard a feeder club relationship like we had with Antwerp. Loan then some players to get some first team football and have first option on their good players (which we never needed to exercise). Can't see Salford being a feeder club but, agree, can definitely see some players going there.
Might be worth sending them Lingard and Martial to give them some experience of the level they should be playing at.

Unread 05-09-2019, 08:22 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
It’s why I said “some sort of parent/feeder”...

If the championship manager games have taught me anything over the last 20 years it’s that not all feeder clubs are used for loans or first dibs options, there can be many uses.

But my point was that Neville is a business man and as long as he’s part owner of Salford there’s no way he’s going to publicly call out the owners of the one of the biggest sporting teams in the world that are based 15 minutes away, he’s not stupid and knows there could be a time when he might need something from them.
Closed Thread