United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-03-2019, 12:29 PM
windy waffles

Thumbs down Ole shelving plans to buy defenders this summer

According to a number of rags this morning.

Decided a centre back is no longer required and wants to use the funds to buy some attacking options - and the #1 target is Sancho.

I like his optimism but we are crying out for another centre back ffs.

Unread 13-03-2019, 12:31 PM
atticusgrinch

This was always going to be a concern with OGS. Would he be ruthless enough to bin the shite off?

Unread 13-03-2019, 12:32 PM
puressence

How about letís just wait and see .. starting to quote the sun

Unread 13-03-2019, 12:32 PM
My Name is Heath

Nah - our record is good since he took over and throw in Bailly with another year under his belt, Rojo well fit and Tuanzbumblebee and I think we are good for the league.

Basically we need what we thought we were getting with Sanchez.

Personally I think we need a new Mata too as in a creative midfielder to take off the Popressure.

Unread 13-03-2019, 12:33 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Nah - our record is good since he took over and throw in Bailly with another year under his belt, Rojo well fit and Tuanzbumblebee and I think we are good for the league.

Basically we need what we thought we were getting with Sanchez.

Personally I think we need a new Mata too as in a creative midfielder to take off the Popressure.
Did you watch the PSG game, pal?

Unread 13-03-2019, 12:40 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
Yeah - he's on the upward curve though.

Just like a burglar demanding items in a Swatch shop, we need to give him time.

Unread 13-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Mr_Ed

If he thinks is we donít need to strengthen at the back then I suggest he prepares to accept his honeymoon period will be over

Unread 13-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
Thrown in at right back in a high pressure CL game?

He's a centre back. Rash, but there's a good defender in there.

Get back to painting your shed.

Unread 13-03-2019, 01:19 PM
AK14

As soon as Jones and Smalling signed new contracts it was obvious we werenít going to be signing a new CB in the summer.

Also I can imagine Woodward not wanting to sign one because of the fall out of a new CB last summer with Mou.

I reckon Rojo will be binned (draggers?) and Tuanzabe will take his place.

Unread 13-03-2019, 01:29 PM
believe

Thumbs up

I was going to ask on what basis would Tuanzebe be considered a first choice center back for us but decided to check wiki first and found my answer.

Quote:
In July 2018, he broke the Guinness World Record for fastest time to clear a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos.[26]