United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Cream

Football Defenders to keep over the summer based on last night.

Coming towards the end of the season with a crucial transfer window looming, chips were down last night. Who showed up?

Rojo and Valencia without question, the former has flourished under Mou.

Think we're all agreed that Smalling is a busted flush. I'm not even prepared to discuss his future at the club. Error prone coward.

But how about the other two?

I believe Darmers played the full 90 minutes and didn't seem to disgrace himself? Important indicators imo. Normally plays gash and feigns injury in big matches.

Jones did a good job of clattering everything in sight without getting sent off. Hard to evaluate otherwise. Was he good? Will he ever stay fit?

Shaw/Bailly not present.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Coming towards the end of the season with a crucial transfer window looming, chips were down last night. Who showed up?

Rojo and Valencia without question, the former has flourished under Mou.

Think we're all agreed that Smalling is a busted flush. I'm not even prepared to discuss his future at the club. Error prone coward.

But how about the other two?

I believe Darmers played the full 90 minutes and didn't seem to disgrace himself? Important indicators imo. Normally plays gash and feigns injury in big matches.

Jones did a good job of clattering everything in sight without getting sent off. Hard to evaluate otherwise. Was he good? Will he ever stay fit?

Shaw/Bailly not present.
it's hard to take someone seriously who doesn't rate smalling but is prepared to give darmian a chance.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Rayne Looney

Rojo, Valencia and thats your lot

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's hard to take someone seriously who doesn't rate smalling but is prepared to give darmian a chance.
I wrote Darmian off long ago, but credit where it's due.

Smalling hasn't changed a jot. He is to Rio Ferdinand what Jones is to Duncan Edwards.

Central defenders can't make mistakes like he consistently does and get away with it. Giving the ball straight to a Chelsea player during the last chance of the game typified his cowardice and ineptitude.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:32 PM
atticusgrinch

I'd get rid of Jones and Smalling, promote Tuanzebe and buy in the Greek. I'd imagine Jose will keep Jones and bin Smalling.

If Shaw can't hold down a place he'll buy a left back.

Fin.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I'd get rid of Jones and Smalling, promote Tuanzebe and buy in the Greek. I'd imagine Jose will keep Jones and bin Smalling.

If Shaw can't hold down a place he'll buy a left back.

Fin.
Darmian.... stays?

Incredible if true.

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:34 PM
no fun

Rojo and big tone

Bailly obv

Shaw if he gets his act together

And buy some more

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I wrote Darmian off long ago, but credit where it's due.
darmian is utterly pointless.

andyroo

Bailly

Unread 14-03-2017, 12:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Bailly
bailly from a couple of months ago?
Closed Thread