United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-04-2024, 04:53 AM
believe

Football Manchester United v Liverpool -PL 07/04/24 3:30pm KO- Official Match Thread

Anyone bothering watching it? Planning similar to Thursday when I was so drunk I left at 3-2 and went to bed happy thinking we’d won the game.

1-4

Unread 07-04-2024, 04:56 AM
Stickman

Clinging to the feeling they aren’t to be feared and that the %@#$&! kicks from the last two games will have us out of the traps like rabid dogs again.

We’ll take the lead imo but what happens from there is anyone’s guess.

I’ll go 2-2. It’s imperative they don’t beat us, really hope OT is hostile AF.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:04 AM
shenwen

Would take a draw. Our season is clearly over but if we can in any small way help £#%&! it up for. Liverpool then that would work.

Unread 07-04-2024, 06:14 AM
elhombre

Not being edgy
Not trying to be a doom lord

But I can see a total collapse from us today

Another one of the “those” days - of which we’ve seen too many recently

Hope I’m wrong

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:39 AM
no fun

Well Jeff, 0-3

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:43 AM
est.1878

Centre back proabables are? Maguire and Kambwala?

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:52 AM
magic_cantona

Heard some nonsense about Casemiro starting at CB ahead of Kambwala No. Just, no.

1-3

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:57 AM
Bunker Buster

United 2 rats 1

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:37 AM
AK14

The Scottish Player plays at centre back for Scotland?

Guess it’ll be him and Maguire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Not being edgy

Hope I’m wrong
I’ve got the same feeling.

As long as we don’t give them a helping hand in boosting their GD, but I can see another 3,4 or maybe worse scoreline.

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:40 AM
jem

playing big willy and protecting him with a midfield might work.

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:40 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The Scottish Player plays at centre back for Scotland?

Guess it’ll be him and Maguire.

I’ve got the same feeling.

As long as we don’t give them a helping hand in boosting their GD, but I can see another 3,4 or maybe worse scoreline.
The Maguire/The Scottish Player thing makes sense, so we’ll probably not do that.

Tactically, we’ll go out and do the same as worked against them during the fa cup game. They won’t though, they lol do something differently. Could be a long difficult watch this afternoon. I think bellers has called it right on the best way through.

Unread 07-04-2024, 10:26 AM
Whip Hubley

It's just one of those days where you don't want to wake up
Everything is £#%&!ed, everybody sucks
You don't really know why but you want to justify
Rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact, your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mother£#%&!er
It's just one of those days

2-1

Unread 07-04-2024, 11:33 AM
Msgr A Brook

Honestly can't wait for this afternoon, been looking forward to it since Thursday and got a good feeling. Going to Lytham to view a Toyota GR86 in an off white cream colour. Looks stunning on the photos, aiming to get there about half three.

Unread 07-04-2024, 11:51 AM
Hyman_Roth

4th and 5th look impossible now but does 6th and 7th get europa? That will be a disaster for the new manager next season so we could really do with avoiding it. It effectively kills your chances in every other competition.

Win today obvs but after that, I’d be happy to lose every league match we play - including Arsenal - who hopefully go on to clinch the title too.

Concentrate everything on Coventry and the final hopefully.

Weirdly, think we might get a draw today.

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:09 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
4th and 5th look impossible now but does 6th and 7th get europa? That will be a disaster for the new manager next season so we could really do with avoiding it. It effectively kills your chances in every other competition.

Win today obvs but after that, I’d be happy to lose every league match we play - including Arsenal - who hopefully go on to clinch the title too.

Concentrate everything on Coventry and the final hopefully.

Weirdly, think we might get a draw today.
Agree, but been saying this every other season for 10 years and we always seem to end up playing Thursday nights. Then again, we've had no European football since Christmas and hasn't done us an once of good.

Way the league is looking at the moment, 9th is looking very possible. No way ETH survives that.

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:18 PM
marlo

wow so much pessimism.

we are at home playing a team nearly all of you said we would finish above in August and we have a manager most of you think is one of the best in class.

Wierd behaviour.

Liverpool as the away team are 1.66 to win at OT.

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:22 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Not being edgy

Hope I’m wrong
Same. Confidence will be very low after the last 2 awful capitulations. Can see us getting tanked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
wow so much pessimism.

we are at home playing a team nearly all of you said we would finish above in August and we have a manager most of you think is one of the best in class.

Wierd behaviour.

Liverpool as the away team are 1.66 to win at OT.
Do you enjoy us being in the bin ya daft @#%&!?

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Same. Confidence will be very low after the last 2 awful capitulations. Can see us getting tanked.

Do you enjoy us being in the bin ya daft @#%&!?
Yes he does. @#%&!.

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:32 PM
marlo

here's a question.

if klopp managed us, and ETH managed Liverpool, who would win todays game?

or even...

if ETH has Liverpools current squad for a week, and kloop has the united team for a week, who would win todays game?

exactly. our squad is that far off theirs in terms of quality, our manager is though.

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:32 PM
RARAMSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
It's just one of those days where you don't want to wake up
Everything is £#%&!ed, everybody sucks
You don't really know why but you want to justify
Rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact, your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mother£#%&!er
It's just one of those days