United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2020, 01:50 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Let them. That way they’re in a smaller and smaller group, looking more and more ridiculous. That’s the aim mate.
Als right though. Those voting against this see him as exactly that. That is the point I am making. Marcus Rashford is a thoroughly decent human being, and the reaction to that vote show that he isn't the only one. It is showing the bigoted narrow minded £#%&!ers who "run the country" up for what they are.

Unread 23-10-2020, 02:15 PM
rubbernecker

Should auction off his MBE and give the proceeds to his charity

Then tell Johnson and the Tories that he does not want to be part of their club

Unread 23-10-2020, 05:33 PM
armchair

The hand to the nose is a worry.

Unread 23-10-2020, 07:07 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Well said pal. Feel exactly the same.

Btw 99’ers The northern thing is relevant (although it shouldnt be) because of successive Tory and Westminster responses to ‘far away’ problems. The north is distant from Westminster in every sense and there are a ludicrous number of examples that suggest where you’re from is a factor. I’d love nothing more than northerners not to wear their birthplace as a badge of oppression but unfortunately, it’s very easy to do so.

Like armers said, the response to Rashford has been amazing with countless businesses offering their support.
It really is spirit of the blitz stuff.

Unread 23-10-2020, 07:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Well said pal. Feel exactly the same.

Btw 99’ers The northern thing is relevant (although it shouldnt be) because of successive Tory and Westminster responses to ‘far away’ problems. The north is distant from Westminster in every sense and there are a ludicrous number of examples that suggest where you’re from is a factor. I’d love nothing more than northerners not to wear their birthplace as a badge of oppression but unfortunately, it’s very easy to do so.

Like armers said, the response to Rashford has been amazing with countless businesses offering their support.
Mate I get it, I do. I just want one debate to be pure. Stick to the core message and drop everything else because it’s clear enough to stand alone - which, to be fair, Rashford is doing magnificently. Government exists to serve the people; what more basic form does that take than feeding kids?

Unread 23-10-2020, 07:58 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It really is spirit of the blitz stuff.
That's really got to sting them. Absolutely love the fact that Rashford is twisting them in knots over this.

They're going to go after him

Expect to see a load of bullsit over the coming days probably along the lines some Ltd company his agent set up in his name didnt pay an extra 4k in tax so that all is effort mean nothing. Or something similar #HYPOCRITE

Unread 23-10-2020, 08:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Wonder if they thought they were buying him off with that? That's pretty much how modern Tories think - everything is cynical and transactional.

Unread 23-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Maybe figures hes got an bigger platform with it than without.

Unread 23-10-2020, 08:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Yeah that would work. Someone trying to change the direction of the ruling government putting two fingers up to the same govt.

Rashford responses throughout have embarrassed everyone disagreeing with him. You can’t do that if you act the @#%&!.

Unread 23-10-2020, 09:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Yeah that would work. Someone trying to change the direction of the ruling government putting two fingers up to the same govt.

Rashford responses throughout have embarrassed everyone disagreeing with him. You can’t do that if you act the @#%&!.
Absolutely right.

Playing a blinder the kid.

Unread 23-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
All the Karens giving it "the benefits systems pays the families enough money to feed these kids", "a loaf is only 50p" etc really don't get it. This isn't about the parents, its about the kids. Kids who have no parental support. Kids who have to wash and clothe their younger siblings because parents are too self obsessed, stoned or ill to do it. They are everywhere.
My daughter teaches in a primary school in Cumbria. Some of the stories she tells are heartbreaking. Kids whose only meals from one day to the next are what they get in school. Kids whose first time seeing a toy or a book is when they start school.

Of course the parents are to blame. But what sort of warped mindset would like to punish the kids for this? These kids need a positive intervention to give them some hope of a better life. We all know that the Tories are shameless, but the support that we're seeing from the wider community is encouraging.

Unread 23-10-2020, 09:32 PM
Big Norm

The same MPs who voted against taxpayers money being used to feed under privileged children have their own meals subsidised by up to £65 a day from the same source.

Absolutely £#%&!ing disgusting.

Unread 23-10-2020, 09:36 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
The same MPs who voted against taxpayers money being used to feed under privileged children have their own meals subsidised by up to £65 a day from the same source.

Supposed menu from the HoC

Unread 23-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Ethers

Extra Sauce

Unread 23-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
My daughter teaches in a primary school in Cumbria. Some of the stories she tells are heartbreaking. Kids whose only meals from one day to the next are what they get in school. Kids whose first time seeing a toy or a book is when they start school.

Of course the parents are to blame. But what sort of warped mindset would like to punish the kids for this? These kids need a positive intervention to give them some hope of a better life. We all know that the Tories are shameless, but the support that we're seeing from the wider community is encouraging.
Ironically, that’s what traditional conservatives would prefer. In the absence of family responsibility, community responsibility is the next best thing. State intervention only in extreme circumstances.

As welfare/benefits have increased, communities have become increasingly fragmented. Hence the need for ever more intervention via social services.

Any right minded person should be equally concerned by hungry children and their useless £#%&!ing parents.

Whatever the solution, state funding isn’t working. That’s surely a proven fact?

I heard a woman on the radio here the other day who was struggling to feed her 6 kids. £#%&!ing 6! Father awol. Admitted she was borrowing money off her brother.

Borrowing?? No. He’s rightly bailing her out. That’s what family is for. No way I should be asked to help fund her repayment scheme.

Meanwhile my neighbour won’t stop leaving me frozen meals on the doorstep. My American style freezer is bursting at the seams. That’s community welfare my friends!

He’s a good lad though, Marcus.

Unread 23-10-2020, 10:54 PM
utd99

Unfortunately, no matter how you slice and dice all the reasons, it’s the kids who suffer through no fault of their own.

Unread 23-10-2020, 11:05 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Any right minded person should be equally concerned by hungry children and their useless £#%&!ing parents.
Call me crazy, but out of the two I think hungry children are the more pressing issue??

Unread 23-10-2020, 11:07 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

Quick question and not for a second excusing it

But as they are away from home working, I take it they claim these meals back on expenses... (which is normal) which means that would be better for the tax payer?

Unread 23-10-2020, 11:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Call me crazy, but out of the two I think hungry children are the more pressing issue??
Pious #@&%!.

Unread 23-10-2020, 11:10 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Extra Sauce
Reduction au Bissaka
Closed Thread