United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2021, 12:47 PM
utd99

People forget just how soul destroying the football was under van Gaal and Mourinho. I don’t think anyone would suggest we currently play scintillating stuff, but this is what progressive improvement looks like.

Unread 19-03-2021, 12:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
People forget just how soul destroying the football was under van Gaal and Mourinho. I don’t think anyone would suggest we currently play scintillating stuff, but this is what progressive improvement looks like.
I think we're destined to have it as it is until we can have one player take on the two places that currently go to 2/3 of Matic, Fred, The Scottish Player. A 4-1-4-1 formation allowing Bruno and Pogba freedom to take risks with less responsibility on getting back.

Unread 19-03-2021, 01:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I think we're destined to have it as it is until we can have one player take on the two places that currently go to 2/3 of Matic, Fred, The Scottish Player. A 4-1-4-1 formation allowing Bruno and Pogba freedom to take risks with less responsibility on getting back.
Agreed. Or at the very least an upgraded deeper midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 who allows his partner to commit forward more to support the attack. I could see The Scottish Player getting 10-12 per season if encouraged to get forward more.

Unread 19-03-2021, 03:15 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Agreed. Or at the very least an upgraded deeper midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 who allows his partner to commit forward more to support the attack. I could see The Scottish Player getting 10-12 per season if encouraged to get forward more.
Quote:
Here's a guy that would fit that perfectly for Ole if he's willing to leave AM

Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez has requested to leave the club this summer, according to El Larguero.

Saul, 26, has lost his starting place at Atletico and was left out of Spain's squad for the upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers. He is contracted to Atletico until June 2026 and is one of the highest paid players at the club.

However, the player's entourage believes his current situation at Atletico is difficult to revert and that the best option for Saul is to leave this summer. Atletico would reportedly facilitate Saul's departure at the end of the season, but the player does not have any firm offers.

https://cadenaser.com/programa/2021/...79_111809.html

Unread 19-03-2021, 03:18 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15

Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez has requested to leave the club this summer, according to El Larguero.

Saul, 26, has lost his starting place at Atletico and was left out of Spain's squad for the upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers. He is contracted to Atletico until June 2026 and is one of the highest paid players at the club.

However, the player's entourage believes his current situation at Atletico is difficult to revert and that the best option for Saul is to leave this summer. Atletico would reportedly facilitate Saul's departure at the end of the season, but the player does not have any firm offers.

Swap for De Gea.

Unread 19-03-2021, 03:21 PM
Cream

Quote:

Nope.

Unread 19-03-2021, 03:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They gave him a new contract 4 months before the end of the season
No one’s suggesting Woodward’s competent mate.

Quote:
He brought in Steve Round, Phil Neville, Jimmy Lumsden and Chris Woods and binned off Rene, Shorts and Eric Steele.

Claims were he offered Rene a chance to stay but clearly Rene didn't think it was a genuine offer. Either that or couldn't compete with Wee Jimmy's experience.
Don’t forget chip-gate.

Unread 19-03-2021, 03:48 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Fantastic result again.

A big exam passed. Let's keep building. The impact of Ole getting us a european trophy can't be underestimated. We have a great chance now, who will want to face us of these remaining sides?

Throw everything at Leicester on Sunday now.
Ole needs to take notes from fergie and bullshit some injuries so these guys don’t go and travel for pointless internationals.

A two week break for rashford, Bruno, maguire and The Scottish Player would be great for the team.

Unread 19-03-2021, 03:50 PM
utd99

Quote:

Out of the first team, no bids, Atletico want rid and an entourage.

What are we waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ole needs to take notes from fergie and bullshit some injuries so these guys don’t go and travel for pointless internationals.

A two week break for rashford, Bruno, maguire and The Scottish Player would be great for the team.
I don’t think you’re considering the possibility that these players might actually want to represent their countries mate. Wild idea I know...

Unread 19-03-2021, 03:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

What are we waiting for?
400k a week contract incoming which includes his own personal coach assigned to our staff! (Can’t believe Woodward did that with de gea players dictating staff members)

Quote:

What are we waiting for?

I don’t think you’re considering the possibility that these players might actually want to represent their countries mate. Wild idea I know...

I never said they wouldn’t , all I’m saying it will benefit united if they don’t go and play. Fergie used to pull them out all the time for funny injuries

Unread 19-03-2021, 05:30 PM
Vida_15

Quote:

What are we waiting for?
he just played in the match against Chelsea in the CL....just could be talk but who knows

can't imagine a player of his calibre would want to play in such a defensive minded system for his entire career....he's a £#%&!ing brilliant talent

Unread 19-03-2021, 07:07 PM
dunk

Zlat absolutely @#%&!ting the Mou-iners and no progressers. Vvgtc.

Need a pot or two soon though

Unread 19-03-2021, 07:40 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/utddistrict/stat...125772301?s=21

Need a pot or two soon though
Zlatback, Cavout.

Unread 20-03-2021, 10:04 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/utddistrict/stat...125772301?s=21

I read that the total opposite. Sounds like some mild shade to me.

Unread 21-03-2021, 07:59 PM
saffers

Will be some noise tonight but we should all be behind the manager in our quest to end the trophy drought in the europa league. Could be the making of him as a manager and his squad at United. I don't think we could fight on both fronts. Focusing on the tournament where there is no City or Chelsea? No brainer.

Quote:
I read that the total opposite. Sounds like some mild shade to me.
Yeah. I think he means we have better squad and he isn't wrong. As you would expect after the investment into the squad since Zlatans time at the club.

Unread 21-03-2021, 08:02 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Will be some noise tonight but we should all be behind the manager in our quest to end the trophy drought in the europa league. Could be the making of him as a manager and his squad at United. I don't think we could fight on both fronts. Focusing on the tournament where there is no City or Chelsea? No brainer.

Yeah. I think he means we have better squad and he isn't wrong. As you would expect after the investment into the squad since Zlatans time at the club.
He’s got to the end of the season to convince me... and I’m pretty far from convinced.

Tactics are one dimensional, our play on the pitch is woeful - no cohesion, we don’t really have a plan b and any team that sits deep against us can beat us.

It’s an awful, awful watch most of the time. I don’t have any reason to think next season will be any different either.

Unread 21-03-2021, 08:02 PM
red in cumbria

The people with pre-set agendas after this should be ignored, but it is IMO a legitimate criticism of our manager that he is often slower to make changes than he should be.

Then again so was SAF a lot of the time, so......

Unread 21-03-2021, 08:04 PM
Tronics

he’s an average coach who will be lucky to get another job at a top 10 club once he leaves

Unread 21-03-2021, 08:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He’s got to the end of the season to convince me... and I’m pretty far from convinced.

Tactics are one dimensional, our play on the pitch is woeful - no cohesion, we don’t really have a plan b and any team that sits deep against us can beat us.

It’s an awful, awful watch most of the time. I don’t have any reason to think next season will be any different either.
I've huge doubts myself but the dreamer in me thinks a trophy could spark something.

Imagine winning a trophy with Ole? Would be the best thing post-Ferie.

Unread 21-03-2021, 08:05 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The people with pre-set agendas after this should be ignored, but it is IMO a legitimate criticism of our manager that he is often slower to make changes than he should be.

Then again so was SAF a lot of the time, so......
Pre-set agendas? That he’s not good enough at this level? Hmm ok.

Quote:
I've huge doubts myself but the dreamer in me thinks a trophy could spark something.

Imagine winning a trophy with Ole? Would be the best thing post-Ferie.
We won’t though. Sorry.
Closed Thread