United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

The build is too slow. Bringing in young players is great but you need a core of players in their prime around them. We have 2 that meet that category and it's not enough. To not sign at least one midfielder this summer was gross incompetence

The problem is players aren't going to want to hang around to wait for the rest to mature, meaning that you need to replace them each window as well as keep rebuilding. However if you're not successful on the pitch then it's harder to attract players of equal or better calibre to replace them.

We could deal this if we didn't have a team who only seem capable of working on one deal at a time, and take an age to conclude each one

Unread 06-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Switching Off

Deleted his Twitter.

Unread 06-10-2019, 11:19 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Deleted his Twitter.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Deleted his Twitter.
Apparently some fan DM’d on there and he replied before deleting his account?

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:27 PM
NedKelly

I’m hearing he wanted to get another, better account but Ed set him up on Bebo instead. Chaos. Ole fuming.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The build is too slow. Bringing in young players is great but you need a core of players in their prime around them. We have 2 that meet that category and it's not enough. To not sign at least one midfielder this summer was gross incompetence

The problem is players aren't going to want to hang around to wait for the rest to mature, meaning that you need to replace them each window as well as keep rebuilding. However if you're not successful on the pitch then it's harder to attract players of equal or better calibre to replace them.

We could deal this if we didn't have a team who only seem capable of working on one deal at a time, and take an age to conclude each one
Yep.

I was all for us bringing the kids into the squad this season, but if we’re honest they all look a season or two away from being able to compete for places regularly (think dunk mentioned it before the season started tbf).

You’d hope that someone at club would have realised this as they see them training most days etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’m hearing he wanted to get another, better account but Ed set him up on Bebo instead. Chaos. Ole fuming.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
If you’re looking at his full record here it could easily be said that the initial good form consisted of ‘new manager bounce’ but as soon as he was given the job permanently the players felt their job was done and reverted to type.

Unless a top manager is available there’s not much point in sacking Ole at this at the moment because I think it’s going to be tough for anyone to do this job. If poch becomes available we’ve seriously got to consider whether he’d be a better option because he’s already proven he can build a good team that can compete for trophies.

I’ve no problem with the losses etc but it’s the manner of the defeats and lack of identity in every game. I get that we’re re building and that it’s a long process but you have that glimmer of hope that you’re on the right path.

But then when we’re missing 3-4 first team players every game it’s obviously going to be tough to implement any sort of identity or philosophy, especially considering our thin squad.
He's won nowt tho. His Wiki page gives his managerial honours as runner-up in the League Cup & Champions League. That's it.

In the time he's been at Spurs we've won the FA Cup, League Cup & Europa League. And we're shit.

We don't know if Ole can build a good team, he's been in the job less than a year. If we need to have this discussion, we need to have it at the end of next season.

Unread 06-10-2019, 12:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
He's won nowt tho. His Wiki page gives his managerial honours as runner-up in the League Cup & Champions League. That's it.

In the time he's been at Spurs we've won the FA Cup, League Cup & Europa League. And we're shit.

We don't know if Ole can build a good team, he's been in the job less than a year. If we need to have this discussion, we need to have it at the end of next season.
True. But then he didn’t sign a first team player for 2 years (I think?) but still managed to improve them.

If there’s no improvements or signs of a way of playing or player progression by the end of the season we should seriously think of the direction we’re heading in imo, especially if someone like Poch becomes available. I’m all for giving Ole time, but there just has to be a slight improvement somewhere after what would be 18 months? By the summer.

Unread 06-10-2019, 06:29 PM
AK14

Heavy defeat to the scouse in two weeks and he’ll be gone imo.

Unread 06-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Why?

We're suffering an injury crisis, have some pretty poor players (who he didn't sign) and he's trying to blood some youngsters.

Of course we're not beating Liverpool.

Quite why people want to rinse and repeat another underfunded manager is beyond me. You're all mental.

Unread 06-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Possibly.

And you can be sure we wont have a clue what do once we sack him.

Unread 06-10-2019, 06:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Possibly.

And you can be sure we wont have a clue what do once we sack him.
We'll probably get Fat Rafa in..

Unread 06-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Why?

We're suffering an injury crisis, have some pretty poor players (who he didn't sign) and he's trying to blood some youngsters.

Quite why people want to rinse and repeat another underfunded manager is beyond me. You're all mental.
I dont think people want to as much as they expect it too.

I'm willing to take the hit on this season and give him a genuine chance. Once he's had some windows and we can genuinely call it his squad and his style.

But I doubt the board will wait that long.

Coracao

Quote:
If that is this case, then he should be sacked now. IiRC Mourinho should have gone at this point last year, after beating this lot today

Clownbones

Quote:
We'll probably get Fat Rafa in..
I'd genuinely stop watching.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Why?

Injuries or not we should be doing better than that.

We look completely lost.

Unread 06-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I dont think people want to as much as they expect it too.

I'm willing to take the hit on this season and give him a genuine chance. Once he's had some windows and we can genuinely call it his squad and his style.

But I doubt the board will wait that long.
I think they will. Never given two shites what the fans think.

Injured players will return.

Reinforcement or two in January.

People genuinely think we might get relegated.

Unread 06-10-2019, 07:30 PM
barca99

Needs more time, can clearly see after his 10 months in charge he is taking us in the right direction.

Is he really getting the best out of what hes got, i doubt hes even getting 50% out of them tbh.

6 games etc

Unread 06-10-2019, 07:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Needs more time, can clearly see after his 10 months in charge he is taking us in the right direction.

Is he really getting the best out of what hes got, i doubt hes even getting 50% out of them tbh.

6 games etc
Same as Mourinho got last season then, possibly a bit more with less tbh.

Let's face it, until we can turn over 80% of this playing staff nothing will change.

So until we can change owners nothing will change.

In which case, Ole should not be the target of your vitriol.

Unread 06-10-2019, 07:37 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Same as Mourinho got last season then, possibly a bit more with less tbh.

Let's face it, until we can turn over 80% of this playing staff nothing will change.

So until we can change owners nothing will change.

In which case, Ole should not be the target of your vitriol.
I want whats best for United. Ole is not the biggest problem, but he is a problem. No doubt about it.
Closed Thread