United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default martin tyler: soon to be cancelled

Quote:
“You have got to remember football was in a bit of a crisis at that time. We weren’t that long after Hillsborough and other hooligan-related issues as well, so it was very much a difficult time for the game generally.”
"Tyler apologises after appearing to link Hillsborough with hooliganism"

BBC apologises too...
Quote:
“We regret that we did not robustly challenge Martin Tyler on a comment which appeared to link Hillsborough and hooliganism. Martin has since apologised for the comment & clarified that these were separate examples and he did not intend to conflate the two.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football...th-hooliganism

Unread 05-08-2022, 01:16 PM
wiganste

The scousers will be foaming.

Unread 05-08-2022, 09:15 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 05-08-2022, 09:18 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Jesus Christ almighty.

They ought to just contact Liverpool and blame it all on Chelsea.

Unread 05-08-2022, 09:20 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Wow

Unread 05-08-2022, 09:21 PM
NedKelly

Maybe all the clubs in the league could do something on match days this season to help raise awareness? Something like a minutes silence before every game, or maybe they could all take a knee together?

Thinking of seeing if the old NHS supporters gang would be up for some more clapping on the doorstep this week.

Unread 05-08-2022, 09:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
North Korea stuff that

Unread 05-08-2022, 09:30 PM
elhombre

he's screwed...

Unread 05-08-2022, 10:14 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
North Korea stuff that
feels extremely pro active

Unread 06-08-2022, 10:36 AM
Mr_Ed

All he was alluding to, albeit without a comma, is Hillsboro, Heysel and hooliganism in general. Anyone surely knows these days that the Hillsboro disaster wasn’t hooligan related - we’ve heard enough about it down the years.

£#%&! me accept his apology and move on. People upset because the BBC didn’t challenge him too… poor saps.

Unread 06-08-2022, 10:58 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Anyone surely knows these days that the Hillsboro disaster wasn’t hooligan related

No

If Liverpool fans turned up sober, queued in an orderly fashion, and didn’t try to jib in it would have been the only time in the 70s/80s that they did

I attended semi finals at hillsborough in 76 and 77 and stood on leppings lane….United fans were pissed up, jibbed, pushed and did everything the scousers supposedly didn’t…..fence at the front gave way, people on the track around the pitch.

Sure the cops and Sheffield wed staff were culpable….not denying that….but it gets my f***ing goat that the narrative being forced down everyone’s throat is that the scousers behaved as if they were attending a piano recital and they all had tickets

Unread 06-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
No

If Liverpool fans turned up sober, queued in an orderly fashion, and didn’t try to jib in it would have been the only time in the 70s/80s that they did

I attended semi finals at hillsborough in 76 and 77 and stood on leppings lane….United fans were pissed up, jibbed, pushed and did everything the scousers supposedly didn’t…..fence at the front gave way, people on the track around the pitch.

Sure the cops and Sheffield wed staff were culpable….not denying that….but it gets my f***ing goat that the narrative being forced down everyone’s throat is that the scousers behaved as if they were attending a piano recital and they all had tickets

Yep

They’d been whining all week on Granada Reports in the lead up about Forest having more tickets than them because they had the bigger Kop End, to avoid both sets of fans crossing on they way to and from stadium and were not going to be outnumbered.

Unread 06-08-2022, 06:10 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
All he was alluding to, albeit without a comma, is Hillsboro, Heysel and hooliganism in general. Anyone surely knows these days that the Hillsboro disaster wasn’t hooligan related - we’ve heard enough about it down the years.

£#%&! me accept his apology and move on. People upset because the BBC didn’t challenge him too… poor saps.
(Above) This is 100% what I suspected when I read what he had said.

I like cooking my friends and my dog.
I like cooking, my friends and my dog.

Talk about blowing it out of proportion.
Martin should have just told them the crack and firmly stated what he actually meant. Instead he apologised. £#%&! apologising, state what you meant and tell those that didn’t comprehend how it was supposed to be comprehended, to ‘get to £#%&!’.
Closed Thread