Old 07-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

If you're getting 10mb now you'll be at 10k on a VPN

Old 07-02-2017, 11:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
If you're getting 10mb now you'll be at 10k on a VPN
yep. I tried downloading via a torrent site using a vpn and it was like going back to 1998.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:58 AM
Cream

2am.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
2am.

Quick !! Get downloading

Old 08-02-2017, 03:30 AM
ScarFace

If you're getting shit speeds on a vpn, change vpn.

I get about 80-90% of my unprotected speed, when connected to the vpn.

free ones are obviously shit.

All good vpn sites offer a 30day money back offer. So if you're not happy, email them, get your refund and try another one.

If you can choose your country to appear from, choose the uk, not overseas.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:46 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
yes. its not visiting the sites they're now detecting, its the actual use of torrent software.

a vpn is simple, you open it up and now all the internet ( including torrents ) are no longer visible to your isp. Also stops the new isp spying program the government introduced in january where your isp has to keep a log of every site you visit and keep it for 12 months. Lots of goverment dept can view these records, not just popo.

btw, browser free vpn's will not stop torrenting being detected, you need one that downloads to your pc. Usually costing a tenner a month.

I recommend https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/ its $7 a month or if you pay for the year, its only $3 a month. can use paypay.

the letters are just warniings....for now. i'd say next year they will come with strikes. 3 and you're out.

VPN solves it. If you can install skype then you can install a VPN.

Once you boot your pc, you just open vpn, click connect and your safe. No need for proxies either.

been with them 15 years, i rang up, he said 150...but then pretended to do a discount n gave it me with the new superhub router for 66quid if i signed a new 12month contract.

I can't recommend the new tivo box enough......the old tivo was aids due to lag.
You should 100% start an internet payment company called paypay

Old 08-02-2017, 08:56 AM
prunier

Quote:
2am.

See what Virgin Media does to a man? First it's creeping out of bed at 2am to do a speedcheck. Next thing you're hacking your modem to check the SNR / receive power ratios. Checking for packet loss on an hourly basis. The downward spiral

Old 08-02-2017, 09:14 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
You on the NBN pal?
Got the letter not long along saying they've started work on it in my area. Will take twelve months! I'm only five km's from the city center.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Jethro

Quote:
2am.

I was at 179 about 20mins ago

Old 08-02-2017, 10:54 AM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
the letters are just warniings....for now. i'd say next year they will come with strikes. 3 and you're out.

VPN solves it. If you can install skype then you can install a VPN.

Once you boot your pc, you just open vpn, click connect and your safe. No need for proxies either.
VPN will solve the issue of your ISP getting any easy evidence (as long as you pay for a proper one), but I'm not sure how far they will realistically go with their threats anyway. Unless they are compelled to by law, they won't want to risk losing customers to competitors with more lenient policies. I think the wild west days of the internet are probably coming to an end, but whether that'll be a transition period of a couple of years or a lot longer I'm not sure.
Closed Thread